The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursuit fixit help?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Kamillex

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Husky
  • Coloring: Dark grey & white
  • Currently: Attempting to wakeup
Fursuit fixit help?
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
So i have this super adorable husky head for my fur suit. Follow me eyes, moveable jaw, all that fun stuff. My buddy recently sold me it because he just commissioned a brand new one, so he didn't have a need for it anymore.

Only apparent catch was the jaw needs a little bit of work. The part where the jaw connects on one side isn't connected. So when I wear it, if I open my jaw, it exposes part of my cheek. This would most definitely be fixed if the side is fully connected.

I can see that it would be a very simple fix, but i have no idea how to go about doing it, or even what can and what cannot work with the fabrics and other inardly parts of a fur suit. Its just 2 pieces of foam that need to be connected together so that the connection will stay put even if I'm moving the jaw. It appears that some sort of glue used to hold the 2 pieces together, I'm assuming like a hot glue or something. So my question is would I be able to use a hot glue gun to get the 2 pieces together? Or should I use something else, and how would I do it? I got some pictures that should show what I'm talking about

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:47:51 AM by Kamillex »

Offline spark

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • S. Park Costumes
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon, usually
Re: Fursuit fixit help?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
Hot glue bonds that kind of foam really nicely, in my experience.  So yes, hot glue should work.