The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: SoulCalibur V  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Ravvij

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Power comes in many forms.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • DA Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: White hair, Green eyes, and a blue tongue and mouth.
  • Build: Very Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Interested.
SoulCalibur V
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »
My impressions of the game.

It's fun! The battle system has been cleaned up to be better when you're fighting, but when you're trying to recover the characters seem too slow.
The custom character creator is my favorite feature! You'll get to choose more colored places to work with and even change the colors on nearly all weapons as well as the color of the draglines left behind when the weapon swings.
The story is A-typical to most anime. It has some good twists and turns. The real challenge of the story mode is fighting Nightmare and Omega Phyrra.

Hits: the game is beautiful and very well done for the most part. The character creator is much better than before. The smoothness of the controles makes playing on normal difficulties much more fun. The leveling up system is good, you get something unlocked at almost every level and you only have to worry about 600 points every time you want to level up. The character creation has an awsome body defining feature, you can choose how much mass each section of the character's main muscles have and how much tone the whole body has. The manipulation of special objects is great, but could use some more work. Did I mention that the game is Beautiful? I'm very impressed at the depth of the graphics, models, and sceenery.

Misses: there could have been more challenges to the game like in SoulCalibur 4; tower of lost souls, for example. The Legendary Souls mode is insanely hard for the average user. There could have been a lot more unlockables and better unlockables; the clothes are nothing new...same old SC3/4 clothing for characters. AND, the unlockable characters could have actually had a fighting style other than Random; it's fine if you like to play that way, but not so many unlockable characters should have had that fighting style. The weapons you unlock are really nothing special, they're very basic and cheap.

All in all, it's a great game and I like playing it, but not at $60. It needs more to it (it just feels like they were being cheap in certain areas).
  • Signature art by: Me
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of then self without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die you are forgiven. If I live I WILL KILL YOU!" This is the rule of HONOR.