The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer  (Read 986 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Just Cause 2 Multiplayer
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »
So the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod was released and I must say I'm impressed and disappointed at the same time.

I'm impressed that, yes, it works, it works beautifully. You can hijack other players, you can grapple onto other players vehicles, you can have helicopter and plane wars, it's very insane. One of the most impressive things however is the sheer scale of the Multiplayer mod. Now the map in Just Cause 2 is huge, for those who don't know it's considered the largest open world map in video game history (excluding Minecraft, which is roughly the distance between the earth and the sun huge). The Just Cause 2 map spans over 250Km^2 and you would consider it very empty with only 32 people. The developers of the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer mod must of known this because man, there are hundreds of players on one server. I went to the far reaches of a map and there were still players buzzing around. By the sheer scale of the players, I'd have to say there was at least 250 players on the one server. AT LEAST! The scale was totally massive and everything was just amazing.

Aside from these awesome things there are NUMEROUS set backs with the game. The most noticeable one is the fact that there is no way to collect weapons (you can only use the smg you start with, once you run out of ammo (like 90 shots) you're empty until you die) and the fact that there is no traffic. There are still vehicles but you can only get PARKED vehicles. Another thing is hijacking is extremely annoying sometimes, when a player hijacks you and then you hijack back and you get into this massive hijacking war. It becomes useless. There is also no PvP, but I guess that's ok. You may crash from time to time, but it's really quite rare and there isn't many glitches in the game.

Also, if you want to fly a plane, be prepared for a search, it took my almost 60 minutes to get a plane. It's not that there aren't any planes, there are plenty, it's just that the airports are the hot spots for players. I drove to the most secluded airport in the map, almost 20 KM away from the spawn point and there was still 5 people there waiting for the next plane to spawn. Still, I did manage to get a plane and even managed to get into some epic plane battles. Though a very fun part was strafing other players, you fly over them and shoot all your rockets at them then go in for another run. What's amazing is when you are actually the victim of the strafing, it's almost surreal, you have to keep reminding yourself that the person who is air striking you is ACTUALLY another player and not a bot.

So it was good, but needs definite improvements, but it's only a beta. Still, I'm amazed that it works the way it does.

If you have Just Cause 2 on steam you can play the beta! You can find it here and tell me what you think!
http://www.jc-mp.com/
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Black, White and Red
  • Height: 5ft 3"
  • Weight: Slightly underweight
  • Build: feminine
  • Currently: EVERYTHING
Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:39:53 PM »
Keep in mind that this mod is still in its early stages, and the developers are working to sort out most of the problems (to the best of my knowledge).

I'd love to join this, but alas I don't have a computer powerful enough to run the game u.u
Wait, what did I do again?