The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you have?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Gaara

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I was born... a monster!!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium Simum)
  • Coloring: Red Primarily with White Markings.
  • Height: 8 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Lean with spiny protrusions.
  • Currently: Want out of this hellhole!!
What do you have?
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
This is a topic for people to discuss illnesses/ conditions or diseases they may have. You are not obligated to post if you have but it is to try and connect people using things they have in common.

I have A.D.H.D (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), Insomnia. Depression and sort of kidney enzyme deficiency.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray,Black
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 185
Re: What do you have?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »
I have autism. Because of my autism I rock and flap my hands involuntarily. I flap my hands for extreme emotion. Except stress under that I rock. Sometimes I will get teased for it when I don't even know I am doing it. I also bounce my leg a lot. I also have insomnia and have stayed up for 3 days strait without even feeling tired. Though 4-5 days I start to see weird things. I can't be touched lightly. The shock make me shutdown. Though deep presure (squeezeing, wrestling, and just intense weight) is something I need. I some times lay under the couch our something. I can't tolerate loud noises either. In school I wear noise cancelling headphones. People call me a retardeven though I have an iq in the 180s. So yeah. Who else here has a form of autism

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HOCM). It's a heart problem where the muscle is thicker than it should be which restricts the flow of blood from the heart making it work harder. I also have a heart murmur. I have been in hospital earlier this year after collapsing where one of  Accident and Emergency doctors took great joy in listening to my heart because she had never heard one with HOCM before  XD
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Gaara

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
Glad you can make a joke about it best way to be honest to get your head away from it. I also have not slept now for 100+ hours. I also sometimes just see stupid things and zone out of reality for no reason. I dont know why but I can not hear anything sometimes without trying. and I also sometimes can hear my heart beating and inside body functions -_-

Offline Ornlu

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
Hereditary disease in one eye "Hemorragia retinal de alas de mariposa" (Retinal hemorrhage butterfly wings) crap traslation....,  I can not write that in English xD

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
Wow Ornlu. Any idea what causes it or why the hemorrhagic patterns are "butterfly-shaped?"

Also, to keep with the idea of this thread, I have an auto immune disease called Sjögren’s Syndrome. I would list and describe the symptoms and such, but to be fair, it's pretty much a grab-bag. For one thing, the vast majority (~90%) of patients are female (note my gender...) and only present the "dry skin and mucousal membrane" symptom, meaning they have dry lips, eyes, mouth, nose, and other soft tissues. I personally present that symptom as well as others like a lessening of the ability to "sense" (my sense of touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight are all impaired due to Sjögren’s) as well as a natural ability to not feel pain, temperature, or pleasure.

Feel free to ask any and all questions that you think of.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Gray,Black
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 185
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
I personally present that symptom as well as others like a lessening of the ability to "sense" (my sense of touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight are all impaired due to Sjögren’s) as well as a natural ability to not feel pain, temperature, pleasure
Does that mean you can't feel pain at all

Offline Ornlu

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »
I do not know why has this pattern, But I know that, the doctor inject a fluid in my eye  x_x  And the prick hurt much ......... is a traumatic memory xDDD

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
To Argus:

It's a long explanation, but the short answer is no. I can still feel pain.

The longer answer is this: I have put my hand in pots of boiling water by accident and not felt it on bad days. On better days, I can feel ~50% (based on what others have said) of the pain response. It is by no means a constant thing.

To Ornlu:

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to have fluids injected into the eye.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 02:48:23 AM »
I have Asperger's Syndrome and eczema (skin disease).

Wiki: The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed injuries. Scratching open a healing lesion may result in scarring and may enlarge the rash.
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 05:03:09 AM »
Get out! I got a bomb!

I was diagnosed with ADHD and OCPD several years ago, but I don't seem to exibit many of the symptoms anymore. I think I was just a dumb crazy kid like we all were. I'm still perfectionist though, more so than I ever was in some areas. I don't throw game controllers when I lose anymore, but I tear apart papers in extreme anger, or worse, when I mess up my drawings. I absolutely hate art now, but I know it's necessary in my life because of my ideas and role-playing. I used to love it and do it whenever I wanted and had paper to draw on, but now I typically avoid it, I don't want to hurt myself because of my incredibly stupid and ceaseless mistakes. Even when I manage to keep myself from destroying my work, the overall quality of it is elementary at best. I'm still as good as I was when I was in second or third grade.

Offline Gaara

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:37 AM »
It's weird to see all these different conditions already. A couple similar to me but well its nicer to know what goes on a bit in your personal lifes. Feel really sorry for some of you :O :(