The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: [solved] HTC boot loop  (Read 998 times)

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
[solved] HTC boot loop
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:06:41 AM »
Yet another one of my silly situations I've got myself into!~

Just got an HTC One X about 3 weeks ago and am quite bummed about my curiosity and need to stuff around with things.
I rooted the phone and flashed a stock kernel (didn't know what I was doing at the time, though I know that's what I did now) and since then the phone has been in a boot-loop. It gets to the lock screen on a stock ROM but usually freezes straight away. I have managed to pull the unlock 'ring' thing once or twice but it really just freezes anyway. The device doesn't even stay turned off, it will turn itself on if it is off. If it's not a stock ROM it will not get past the HTC screen. It will vibrate, change to my carrier logo, and then back to the HTC screen at least.

I have tried:
  • Clearing the system cache and Dalvik cache from ClockWork mod recovery, along with factory reset
  • Flashing other ROMs, such as a couple of stock ones found places, and maXimus. Also with clearing caches and stuff.
  • Letting the phone run out of battery (twice) and repeating the above.
  • Flashing boot images and system images from fastboot, along with clearing the cache from there.

I am going to try one more ROM (Android Revolution) and then I will be a bit stumped.
Are there any suggestions? I can just re-lock the bootloader, take it back to the store I got it from and play dumb if all fails. Likely won't work but I could give it a shot.

Edit: Android Revolution worked, will leave it at that. Phone is all good now.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:59:20 AM by Kyriin »