The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 881 times)

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
World of Tanks
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:02:49 PM »
As I'm sure no one has heard, there's a free MMO out there called World of Tanks. This game features a massive variety (over 200) of World War One and Two tanks. The game sets two teams of 15 players each against one another on giant and detailed maps. Each player of a team would have to select a role to play and play it well alongside their fellow tankers. A game isn't decided on the power of your tank, but on how you use it.

There's plenty of roles one might choose from. You could select a quick and agile Light Tank. As a Light Tank you will be the eyes and ears of your team. Being the fast little bugger that you are, it will be your job to spot enemy positions for your team mates and possibly sneak through their ranks to destroy their Artillery and just all around pick on vulnerable tanks.

You could choose a Medium Tank. You are the main machine of your force. You have decent stats in everything. Medium Tanks travelling in packs are the most formidable threat an enemy could face.

You could choose a Heavy Tank. Inside one of these beasts, it is your job to push the front lines. With impenetrable armor and a sizable health pool, not to mention your powerful gun, you will be one feared by many. Your drawback here is your speed, however. Don't expect to be the one making first contact.

You could choose a Tank Destroyer. As a Tank Destroyer, you are your teams main defense. These things have great camouflage and rock solid frontal armor. All this being topped by a powerful long range gun. You'll sit patiently at a defensible position and punish anyone who might wish to cause your team harm. Your drawback here is low mobility and a lack of a turret. A lack of a turret means you need to turn the body of your tank to aim properly.

Lastly, but most definitely not least, we have the Artillery. Being at the controls of one of these means you've chosen to be your teams main firepower. Your machine packs the biggest gun reality can allow for and has the range to compliment it. As you sit snugly behind your bigger brethren you'll enjoy the many wonderful sights to see from afar. That flower off in the enemy base looks awfully pretty, doesn't it? Let's fix this problem by violently not allowing them to have nice things. With one shot (And that might be all you have at the opportunity) you might destroy any target you find.

-----------------------------------

In World Of Tanks, it is the goal of everyone to either destroy all the enemy tanks or capture the enemy base. This is achieved through team work and wise playing. Stop by their site if you want to try it out!

Their main site and where you can download the FREE game: http://worldoftanks.com/game/
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »
If anyone plays this game or would like to, you might consider adding me as a friend. My name on there is Freemost. I hope to see some fellow furs rolling around in some metal monster!  >:3
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko