The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries and "Rave" music  (Read 1358 times)

Offline DGK_Fawx420

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Furries and "Rave" music
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
I'm generally not the type of person who says stereotypical things about people or cultures but from my understanding like 90% of the furry community listens to "Rave" music or "Dubstep" or whatever it's called, I'm not saying that kind of music is bad or inferior to other music genres but I'm just wondering why it's the one this fandom seems to circulate around. If anybody can shed some light on the subject it'll be much appreciated.

P.S: If I offended anybody I apologize in advance... ^_^

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Furries and "Rave" music
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
I honestly think it has a lot to do with the fact that most furries that feel a need to share their musical tastes are of the subgroup and age where this type of music is rather common.

Offline DGK_Fawx420

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
I suppose that makes sense, thanks for the feedback

P.S: Sorry for posting this in wrong place

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis awesomicus
  • Currently: Being lazy :3
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:47:37 AM »
Isn't dubstep a form of electronic chav reggae you hear in the 420 renown suburbs of London? I see everyone now calls everything from glitch to electro house dubstep now :P
http://www.di.fm/play/dubstep
Dubstep is alright, I prefer liquid dubstep, though, because it's nice to listen to while studying, don't really like brostep (aka club dubstep, fakestep or whatever you want to call it) much but it can be fun to make the sounds on your computer because it's easy to do so (they are all presets  :D  like the "modern talking" and other formant wave forms, add an LFO and ozone and an EQ and a funky sequence then you're the next skrillex or uhm tomba because skrillex copied tomba as I can tell) not stunned by brostep whatsoever, it's more comical than anything, think meme music.

Hmm I quite like rave music, rave draws off of everything and tries to make fun music from it, lots of forms of it from the early acid house and krautrock to schranz, hardcore, IDM and trance. Don't care for the beats of it so much as the interesting sounds like use, I mean a lot of the sounds sound like come from beyond this world. Then it can be really fun, too, plus it uses diverse elements from the genres it evolved from like classical (first electronic music was musique concrete, a form of progressive classical music), rock (you know electric guitars use electronic distortions, right?), funk (nice subtle dance music, think disco and having fun) and turntablism (crossing all awesome elements together into a mash of sound, something that started in reggae (form of which is called dub), apparently, which lead onto hip hop and eventually rave hardcore, etc, which also brought the appeal of rapping). It's also easy to play and it allows you to be yourself more, which is different to rock which is usually full of "me, me, me" lyrics that can't as easily reflect a party, hence the most popular furry party is furry rave, right? I've also noticed pop and rock often copies off of electronic music genres, anyway so it's that kind of "middle balance" that suggests everyone may compromise on it.

<(ಠ_ಠ)> I am an angel, fear me.

Therian/otherkin and furry.