The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Biased Reviewers  (Read 1263 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
Biased Reviewers
« on: March 16, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »
let me show you the dark side of reviewers .. those who only praise one company and try to beat up the rest.. those who keep denying claims of been paid off ..  Im talking about those unprofessional reviewers who get in full blown arguement's with people who prove them wrong ..let me show you a reviewer called Leagueofwinning.

it seems he hates evrey console except the ps4. I know what your thinking.. "If he loves it then so be it" but then he tries to make everyone else look like a wierdo.

here's his channel's so you can see the scale of his idiocy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/leagueofwinning?feature=watch

there is more youtubers who seem to act suspiciously like paid troll critics too, here's another.
http://www.youtube.com/user/StonefoxMedia/videos?view=0&flow=grid

does anyone else know critics who troll people who disagree with them? if so list them on this thread so people know who to dislike.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:27:23 PM by maggintons »
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
Re: Biased Reviewers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:23:36 PM »
This is why I mostly just don't watch any "reviewers" in the first place. I'll read user reviews and look at some from companies I trust like Gameinformer, but the only youtuber I watch that posts anything like that at all is TotalBiscuit. I highly recommend him for honest, professional, unbiased content.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »
This is why I mostly just don't watch any "reviewers" in the first place. I'll read user reviews and look at some from companies I trust like Gameinformer, but the only youtuber I watch that posts anything like that at all is TotalBiscuit. I highly recommend him for honest, professional, unbiased content.
yes in fact i tend to trust Official Nintendo magazine since although they have a lower expectation they review so much shovelware that it makes you realize how good games like Lego City are in comparison. As for internet review's the debate between The two game grumps usually leads to balanced verdict's on various games.

Post Merge: March 17, 2013, 09:25:40 AM
Honestly, another good, honest reviewer is Yahtzee, who is more commonly known by his video names, Zero Punctuation.
Yes, he tends to dislike just about every game you throw at him, except for the honest good ones. He even found something bad about Portal 1 (its fans).
ah so he's a bit like EDGE magazine only reviewing the best games?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:25:40 AM by maggintons, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
I generally only stick to TotalBiscuit's reviews if I am interested about something. Anything major that might get my attention, he will 99% of the time review it, and he also covers alot of indie games which I like seeing. Last time he did 'Receiver', a game I had already been playing for a few weeks before, but his judgement is nearly always unbiased and fair, straight to the point.
Hence I don't know many bad examples, since I don't view alot of others. But certainly, I have occasionally seen the few that are just putting up a brick wall to your arguments, just to spout out great words about some product. Money money money, sigh.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

another example is this zelda game reviewer who is admant that skyward sword was dull and even though the majority have reasons as to not Top Ten Most Memorable Moments From Legend of Zelda (Co-Staring 7ChaoEmerald)

look at the comments and her replys.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
The day there's a game reviewer without bias is the day there's a politician without an agenda :V

When it comes to video games, everyone has their opinion. Guy hates Call of Duty? He will review it based on that hate, cus it's Call of Duty? Biased, yes. But it speaks to everyone else who hates Call of Duty.

Love Legend of Zelda? You're gonna say each new game is an amazing step in the right direction cus you love it so much. It speaks to the Zelda fan boys. Etc etc. It's just the way of the world x3

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »
The day there's a game reviewer without bias is the day there's a politician without an agenda :V

When it comes to video games, everyone has their opinion. Guy hates Call of Duty? He will review it based on that hate, cus it's Call of Duty? Biased, yes. But it speaks to everyone else who hates Call of Duty.

Love Legend of Zelda? You're gonna say each new game is an amazing step in the right direction cus you love it so much. It speaks to the Zelda fan boys. Etc etc. It's just the way of the world x3
the problem is when people like league of winning support trolling of the games they hate it can be very unfair which is why i hate him