The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Am I the only person excited about Saints Row IV?  (Read 1045 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
Am I the only person excited about Saints Row IV?
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
I mean honestly... the negativity of the fanbase is jarring o-o

"Nyuuu too early"

"ITS USING AN OUTDATED ENGINE >.<"

"SR3 RUINED THE STORY"

"Bring back SR2"

Personally i love the new SR4 because if it tried to carry on the crime theme from 1 and 2 the average comment would be..

"Meh ill buy GTA 5 why buy the clone?"

At a time when people are stereotyping comedy games as blockbuster failiures ever since Duke Nukem Forever i believe that the series new disfigured face is needed since Its a series that satirises pop culture cliche's while having reasonable gameplay.
also i feel the fact that the new game is more of a superhero sci fi clone is a natural progression since unnatural skydiving in SR3 made you feel like superman anyway.

In short i think this game would have been Marmite no matter what they did and that people should judge the game on actual gameplay instead of relying on the little tradition the series had.

Am i the only person who "likes" the new game which replaces gangsters with aliens?

this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline KotaRhode

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: Am I the only person excited about Saints Row IV?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »
I'm also looking forward to Saints Row IV. I like how Saints Row 3 changed the series. It makes it different than GTA or any other GTA clones.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
I'm also looking forward to Saints Row IV. I like how Saints Row 3 changed the series. It makes it different than GTA or any other GTA clones.
i guess its the open world equivalent of sonic borrowing from the best in the genre and making it work in there own.

The new game is borrowing from prototype and infamous therefore making it more of a mixture which i like. :P
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Gothy

• Hate Machine
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Since 12/16/06
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Russian Blue kitty
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 170-ish?
  • Build: Kinda pudgy
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Meh
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
I can't wait for it either. I've only gotten to play the third one but I loved it! And preferred it over GTA honestly.