The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Reboot: How your fursona came to be  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
Re: Reboot: How your fursona came to be
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »
Why/how did you decide your fursona's species?

At first I thought of rabbit/hare for no particular reason. But then I realised it was a fitting choice. As rabbits are usually seen to have a shy, nervous or anxious disposition, Which has me written all over it.
In the end I decided hare over rabbit because they are more athletic (and also a little mad.)

Is there a reason or meaning behind their name?

It's a bit of a silly reason. I once made friends with a cat on the side of the road. It was the biggest, most regal cat  I had ever seen. I later found out it was a maine coon breed.
I thought of maine as a name because it said animal to me. and also it's one syllable

Did you just stick with natural animal colors, or did you have a reason for picking other colors?

I love the colour blue and thought it would show some individuality as a base colour. The rest is fairly natural, I didn't want it to be over the top.

Do you have any distinguishing markings on your fursona? If so, what are they, and why?

Maine has Alchemical markings, received as a bi-product from obtaining powers *sparkle*
Long story short; got lost as a child broke open magical stone, drank stone's contents out of desperation *poof* powers.
I think I should get round to writing down a back story.

Does your fursona's personality match your own, or is it different?

Mostly the same, lthough she is a little more outgoing.

Does your fursona have a back story different from your own past?

yus,She lives in an AU. is basically a desert nomad.

How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized" version of you?

we are pretty much the same here.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline Gothy

• Hate Machine
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Since 12/16/06
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Russian Blue kitty
  • Coloring: Gray
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 170-ish?
  • Build: Kinda pudgy
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Meh
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 02:01:42 AM »

- When I asked people what species they thought fit me, pretty much everyone said a cat. Most of them said I should be a black cat because of my personality, but there was one suggestion for a Russian Blue. While working at an animal shelter I realized that both cats stood out to me more than other colors/markings, and I really loved the Blues especially. Cats do really fit my personality; I'm pretty aloof, loyal to only one person, I only like attention when I want it, i'm pretty timid like some of the cats i've seen in the shelter, I love eating/sleeping/being lazy, I can be curious, I dislike getting wet unless it's for hygiene needs (bathing, washing hands, etc), I mew/meow, and have other cat-like behaviors, etc. So finally after about 10 long years of going through 'sona after 'sona trying to find something that clicks I finally made one that's perfect!

- Strangerous means Strange and Dangerous, which is how people seem to perceive me. Strange because i'm a dark, shy, socially-akward, nerdy loner that doesn't speak much, and I love things like violent video games/horror movies/clowns/gore/etc. And Dangerous because i'm not the type of person that's easy to approach and you never really know what i'm thinking, it's like people just don't know how to take me. Needless to say I get my fair share of dirty looks even though I think I look pretty normal... I've been told things like i'm 'ominous, forbidding, unnerving, creepy, and weird'. And as a kid i've heard things like "it's those quiet kids you gotta watch out for, you never know when they're gonna snap" or flat out "you're gonna be the next Columbine" just because i'm a loner 'goth'.

Did you just stick with natural animal colors, or did you have a reason for picking other colors?

- Natural colors. Greyish and blackish with yellow eyes. Picked the colors specifically because I love Batman and they were supposed to loosely be based off of his grey/black costume.

Do you have any distinguishing markings on your fursona? If so, what are they, and why?

- Toony skull markings on her face because i've loved skulls ever since I was little. I used to collect lots of skull stuff and i've even gone by the name Skullkid before. They're also my favorite thing to draw! And 'eye spots' above her eyes, like huskies have since my first 'sona was one. The other markings have no significance.

- Nope, she's me.

- Again nope, though I never really thought about giving her a back story, but if she had one it'd be mine.

How much is your fursona like you? Do you share the same interests? Did you include any of your personal flaws in your fursona, or are they an "idealized" version of you?

- Very much, she's just me in cat form. I added in my glasses since i'm near-sighted, and my build since i've got 'a few extra pounds'. I left out my scars and acne though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:38:08 AM by Gothy »

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm not just a koala, I'm an endangered species!
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Koala
  • Coloring: Lavender w/ White
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 163 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Lonely
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »
This is interesting, I like this topic! Well, Jen might be a fresh character, but I'll give it a go. :)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Overall I wanted something different that wasn't too exotic, but recognizable enough to get the point across and that's why I went with the koala. Not as common as say a dog, cat or fox, but just as fun to draw and bring to life. More recently I've decided to make her a transgenic koala/human hybrid, a creature at home in several different world concepts I have going in my head right now. Sure it's a bit cliche, but it opens up a bit more to play with for this character story-wise.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Her name wasn't always Jen, it was originally Kayla. However I dropped it for a while because it was just too common a name until I could think of a more suited name for her. As I began to re-imagine her, she began to resemble a gnome I had in World of Warcraft and thus, she adopted her old nickname, Jen. However even though she got edited and tweaked a little since then, she's still keeping the name, it suits her.

Spoiler for Hidden:
It's an odd story. In her first form I had created as a mental image, she was a boy koala with light gray fur and rainbow hair. However when I picked the character back up and remade her into a more adventure-prone girl, the koala she is today, I took the light gray and made it slightly bluer. Actually the first drawing I made of her, the intention for her was to have sky blue fur, instead the marker I used came out lavender. Since then I've just drawn her with purple/bluish hair. Happy mistakes!

Spoiler for Hidden:
She never originally had markings besides her makeup (purple eyeshadow and blue lipstick) that stuck right out. However as I began drawing her more and more, in the rough drafts I tried giving her lashes under her eyes. Eventually the lashes just turned into three black stripes under her eyes. Now they may further evolve, perhaps she'll gain stripes with age. But for now, they're what they are.

Spoiler for Hidden:
She can come close at times, but in other ways she's different. She's a bit more outgoing and social, a tinkerer, adventurous and always getting into danger. But there's some ways she is the same, she's caring and empathetic, always wanting to help out when she can, even a bit critical at times.

Spoiler for Hidden:
At current, her back story would be vastly different than my own, but what she faces in her world is no different than what some people must face in our own world. Just her birth alone would have created so many issues, not only moral ones, but issues from medical problems, social issues and even the issue concerning her legitimacy as a human being.

Would her society grant her rights because of how she looks, because of what she is or would they strip her of her social freedoms, instead treating her not unlike a criminal or even a stray animal. It's hard to make that call because I haven't fleshed her world out yet nor her story. It's all just a bunch of guesses and notes at the moment.

Perhaps she lives on a world filled with creatures like herself, or a society that recognizes her humanity and embraces it regardless of her outer appearance. It's all up in the air. But whatever it is going to be for her, whichever world she exists upon, she will still find her place and call it home. Regardless of the conditions, because in a way, it'll only serve to make her stronger.

Spoiler for Hidden:
In a sense, we share the same interests and traits. She's an artist, smart, always wanting to learn new things and make new friends. But she can also be cautious, she's never reckless, but will be smart about it when she does take chances. Flaw wise, that's something I need to work on some more. Jen's still a fresh character, a canvas half fresh in a way. She'll grow with me and eventually she may even gain her own traits as time goes on. To be honest, I can't wait for that day to happen.

Actually sitting down and writing what I can has really made me think a bit now. This topic has really made me want to flesh out my character even more than I have been doing. Great, now my head is teeming with ideas and concepts! I can't resist to draw them out now! :D

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »
I’ve played Star Fox since I was two and a half. I loved the game in general, so the characters were a good staple on foxes. I also had a Dreamcast, and Sonic Adventure might as well have been glued inside. Tails the Fox was my hero and I always pretended to be him when I played with my friends.

I always had a nickname name, like Fawkes or BakaFawkes on Xbox Live, but I got Todd from “male fox” (duh) and Collins is a shorter version of my best friend’s last name; Collingwood.

I stuck with the regular colors because I LOVE the color for the Red Fox. They’re not red at all!!! Ever since I was in preschool I’ve always colored them with an orange crayon. My fursona has markings, but I feel that if I get rid of that trademark color, I won’t feel as… heh heh, foxy.

The actual scars on my arm and back that I have in reality, and long streaks in the tail.

It sort of does, but my fursona has much… “braver” social tendencies, and does thing’s I’m too shy to do myself.

Yes, a bit more innocent than myself. Same timeline, minus a few things I regret doing.

Very much like me. Technically, my fursona is my thoughts that never turn into actions. Like when I froze before I could ask that girl out, or when I should’ve held my tongue and I didn’t. Todd is the kind of me that would do those things.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Firekitty

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitty
  • Coloring: Dark Blue And Black
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 130 Pounds
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Happy, Yet regretful
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 03:55:28 AM »
Why/how did you decide your fursona's species?[/size]
Well, I've always loved cats, Shared everything with them so, Why not be the thing I love?

Jinxy is my fursona's name and yes, he was my favorite cat He died, But he was the best

The colours I picked were my favorite colors so yes.

No
Yes it does

Not really

Pretty much a carbon copy of me!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Keo

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »
I didn't really, I'm more of an amalgamation of my kin/theriotypes.

That's a secret.

In projections such as visual art I just go by the colours in my visions and phantom-physical observation.

Secret again, though there's some resemblance to the name you may be able to observe :3

My fursona is me, acts how I do, thus.

They generally reflect my past life experiences and mental/spiritual world.

Like said, my fursona is me. Mine - as in Keo's interests, yes. My flaws and ideals are equal, though I can be taken over by sort of non-mes so I share my mind with other versions of myself of which I may protect me (Keo) from.

Offline Sirius

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolff
  • Coloring: Black/grey/blue
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: Heavyweight
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 04:19:25 AM »

-It is based on my last name Wolff, easy choice

-it's the name i always wanted to have

-I went with what i liked based on other art i have seen.

- He has blue accents it was picked as he has a cool demeanor and i calm.

- He's is an embodiment of the true me. The person i really am not who i have to be. It's very freeing and liberating to be able to express that through him.

- Same story as me, rough life, crazy mind.

- We share most of the same traits but he is more of what i wish to be. My favorite things about myself and those that i'm not strong enough yet to exude in real life. Calm, collected, self secure, silent.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!