The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Necomimi lion ears + lion fursuit head?  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
  • Species: Dwarf Rat
  • Coloring: Gray with a pink nose/hands/feet/tail.
  • Height: Just a few inches long.
  • Build: Petite
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: All the artz!
Necomimi lion ears + lion fursuit head?
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:28:19 AM »
Hi there! I've yet to make my first fursuit, but I've been doing basic costuming for years. I have a set of Necomimi brain-wave controlled ears, and I can easily make a set of lion ear skins for the foam bases...but I was wondering if this sounded like a good idea.

I'm hoping to make a fursuit head at some point before the end of the year. It'll be made of foam glued to a ninja hood base, with a movable jaw and one-way eyes. Could I, even with the mass of mane around it, make a pair of Necomimis work? I can make it so the foam on the side with the on-off button is a bit thinner than the other...if anyone has done this, do you have any suggestions--or is this just a recipe for disaster?

Thanks ahead of time!

P.S. I posted this here because in all of my attempts to find info--I found 2 videos of them being shown off on a head without a mane, and no suggestions on how to make these work...if you have any links, please point me in the right direction!

P.P.S. I know you can have a fursuit head made, but is it possible to find someone who would be willing to make a head that can be worn with Necomimis?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:33:17 AM by Equinox »
My furry code: FRR 5acdmrw A+ C++ D++ H++ M+++ P++ R++ T W Z Sm RLA~A a c++++ d+ e+ f++ h+ iw+++ j++ p sm

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Necomimi lion ears + lion fursuit head?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »
I think you should just need to make the hair just around the ear shorter than the rest of the mane to give it space to maove around. Of course, The wouldn't move away from their own base, so you needn't worry I think too much, perhaps just trimming the fur near the ears itself.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter