The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The most depressing game you have ever played  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: The most depressing game you have ever played
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 09:58:42 PM »
I would have to agree with the Walking Dead game. They did a very good job of making you care for the main characters and the ending is quite sad.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:45 AM »
I would have to agree with the Walking Dead game. They did a very good job of making you care for the main characters and the ending is quite sad.
aha i remember seeing pewdiepie's lets play of that he was more upset than when he played To The Moon XD
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »
I agree very much with the views on Spec Ops: The Line. A solid third person shooter, but dear god the story. At every turn and corner, you are forced to make decisions, and while you are damned hard trying to do your best, trying to do the good to save someone at least, it all goes to hell, making your companions lose their trust, and forcing you to try to understand why it's going wrong.

But, for me, nothing beats;

Pokemon; Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of darkness/time
When grovyle dissapears forever, by saving his companions so that they can save the world..god
I will honestly admit I've spent times crying over that scene, as I have played it on several occasions. It felt horrible, and so damn sad. I thoroughly despise that only the main character gets to live again, and not Grovyle as well.
Hotdamn Groyvle, you the motherflippin baller. I'll miss you :|

But yeah, there's my two cents. Great game, and horribly saddening scene at Grovyle's departure to take dusknoir back with him into the future.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:09 AM »
Honestly? The most depressing game I've probably played to this point in my life is The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. Why? Well let's list the reasons, shall we?

1. The combat was really strange/badly done.
2. The plot was way too short.
3. The plot was way too corny for my liking.
4. The ending sucked.

Although some might disagree, I thought that this game was poorly done considering many (if not all) of the other games in the series were quite good. I was disappointed therefore. To top it all off I don't think they'll be coming out with a new game for that series anytime soon (And if they do, it had better be really something good. Otherwise, why try to revive an already long-dead series?).

I think the most depressing part for me was that it was such a short game. I mean, for the supposed 'last game' in the series, you'd think it'd be a lot more long, drawn out and maybe a lot more entertaining/interesting. But no, this game made me sad to be a Spyro fan because of it's brevity and it being less than impressive.

But then again; that's just my opinion~.
  • Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

Offline the_z

• Vibrating Furby
  • Let me love you XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: red white black
  • Height: 6,3
  • Weight: 219
  • Build: average
  • Currently: Making buddies. I'LL be your buddy too if you ask
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »
FF XIII It was my favorite story ever and I was extremely deppressed when it ended. It had the best ending ever though after you beat it its over you have to start over  X3    and another game is starwars TFU 2 It also had an amazing story but if you pick the dark side ending youre like NEVERMIND NEVERMIND OH I NEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN  XD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:08:12 AM by thezman »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline RodentOfUnusualSize

• Avid Aardvark
  • When life gives you lemons, kick it in the toodles
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Grey fur, blonde dreadlocks
  • Height: 7'8
  • Weight: 248 lbs.
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: Can't stop the spirits when they need you...
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
Heavy Rain was pretty depressing, especially the beginning. I love that game but good god damn, it was depressing.
Once one can perceive how good it is to wear wranglers, one can begin to perceive everything else. It's all part and parcel. The soup is hot, the jeans are cool. The soup is cold, the jeans are out. Let us hear these words echoed from every corner and dead end of the universe.

Must P.J. Proby carry all the world's problems?

Offline Taevyrn

• Vibrating Furby
  • Blueberry Cookie Enthusiast
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tailless Fennec Fox
  • Coloring: Blue / White
  • Height: 30 cm
  • Weight: 1.5 kg
  • Build: Limber
  • Currently: Happy~
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »
For me, the saddest game I've ever played would be a three way tie between: The Walking Dead, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness / Time, and Undertale.

The Walking Dead had an absolutely beautiful story. I'm not really a fan of zombies these days, but this game really did it right. It made you like the characters. They were relatable, they were silly at times. They were human. I can't say I've played a game before that could really put that effect on me. I was literally in tears by the end of every episode.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness / Time was also a great game. It also set up a character veeeeery well. I'd be lying if I said I didn't grow attached to my partner. My partner was silly. He was serious. He was my partner and we had grown together. The ending was just... no. The music just went too perfectly with it. It is another game that had me in tears.

Undertale... It's just a demo, and yet, I still have to admit, I was literally tearing up at some of the endings. This demo is amazing, and I highly recommend it. It has several endings, and each ending will leave your heartstrings tugged in either a good or bad way. Mostly bad ways. The music is absolutely astounding for a game that's not being professionally developed. The music in the sadder endings... They really do their part of adding on to the atmosphere, aha..
  • Avatar by: Rising-At-Midnight on deviantart
  • Signature art by: Me!

Offline SonicAntoine22

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Reddish orange
  • Height: 5'10
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Average
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »
Heavy Rain in every way. It shows a great connection between people.