The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nox's character/fursona idea gallery  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
  • Species: Dwarf Rat
  • Coloring: Gray with a pink nose/hands/feet/tail.
  • Height: Just a few inches long.
  • Build: Petite
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: All the artz!
Nox's character/fursona idea gallery
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:03:39 AM »
Hello all! I have no good cameras except for the one on my laptop itself, so all of these are gonna look kinda crappy until I get a better camera.

Spoiler for Hidden:

A possible design for my fursona. I have no name for him yet (I really like the name 'Equinox,' but there's probably a hundred of 'em. When I name him and finalize his design, I'll change my username to match his), but he's a sort of backwards-gryphon. He has the hind legs, tuft of feathers behind his head, wings, and tail of a kestrel (or bird that is like a kestrel), and the upper body of a wolf (subject to change, until I like what I find). He wears several earrings on his ears, and two long feathers behind his left ear. You can also see little bits and pieces of what I might have to do to make him into a fursuit.

Spoiler for Hidden:

These are two characters I've had fun coming up with--again, neither of them have names. The one on the left is a hamster-boy who's really shy and loves to read. The one on the right is a leopard-boy who loves to party. We'll see what I use them for, maybe I'll find a way to put them in my Alice in Wonderland-inspired webcomic called Jub-Jub Feathers.

This is all I have so far, I've been working on them for the past 2 days. I'd love to see what people thought!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:27:07 PM by Equinox »
My furry code: FRR 5acdmrw A+ C++ D++ H++ M+++ P++ R++ T W Z Sm RLA~A a c++++ d+ e+ f++ h+ iw+++ j++ p sm

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
Re: Bo's character/fursona idea gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »
Well, I can say they all look great. It's really a matter of personal preference, and waht feels better to you. In my case it was a solid idea and there was no questioning it. despite minor changes, Valen's been the exact same since. I can beleive it's hard to settle on one though. I really can't give more advice than sticking to whatever feels more 'right' to you
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:08:45 PM »
Well, I can say they all look great. It's really a matter of personal preference, and waht feels better to you. In my case it was a solid idea and there was no questioning it. despite minor changes, Valen's been the exact same since. I can beleive it's hard to settle on one though. I really can't give more advice than sticking to whatever feels more 'right' to you

GAH!! Designing things in my life has NEVER been that easy! Coming up with a name for him is gonna be just as hard as designing him and coloring him. But I have to start with his design. Any suggestions on figuring out what kind of colorscheme might work? Otherwise I might just end up making him in all natural colors.
My furry code: FRR 5acdmrw A+ C++ D++ H++ M+++ P++ R++ T W Z Sm RLA~A a c++++ d+ e+ f++ h+ iw+++ j++ p sm

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »
As for color scheme, there's a very useful tool: http://colorschemedesigner.com/
Personally I combined a deep blue with a slight hint of purple, and bright orange. They are my favourite colors, but they actually combine pretty well too.

As for name, well, Valen is the name I've wanted since I was small. My name is horrid, and over-used in the Netherlands as well. For those interested, my name is Jasper. I got the name from a father that didn't raise me, and it holds no meaning to me. I even got bullied with it. Anyway, hence the name Valen for my persona.

As for species, as much as any animalistic traits interest me, obviously Dragons take that a bit further since they are such well-known creatures, but obviously don't exist. It gives it a bit of mystery, and it's also interesting to see how varied the concepts of a Dragon are.

So there you go, that's how I got the base things. Species, coloration and name. Personality is the exact same as mine, and besides that that only leaves markings or details. Valen has a chained circular bright blue and glowing pattern, since it's something I've wanted to get tattoo'd for years, and is something I find very beautiful.

I make it sound easy, but it's not at all when you're not sure yet. I happened to have a very stable base that I was certain of, but details have been changed over time as well with my persona. Anywho, I hope it helps a bit.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
Re: Nox's character/fursona idea gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
I didn't wanna post in here again until I had a more finalized design--but while I'm still working on the colors (I'm leaning towards dark cold/bluish brown and a rough burnt-orange) I think I have a semi-final design.

Spoiler for Hidden:
(Forgive the Al Bhed--I've been playing too much Final Fantasy X.)

Obviously--the majority of pictures will be done in a more anthropomorphic style, but here's where I felt most comfortable. :3 Thanks for all your help, and though "Equinox" isn't a real name per-se, I like it!

So, here's my fursona--Equinox the Reversed Gryphon!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:28:47 AM by Equinox »

Offline Gatorade

• Fuzzy McFeatherbutt
  • Avid Aardvark
  • New Fursona!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Blog
    • Awards
Re: Nox's character/fursona idea gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 01:44:32 AM »
Alright, made some big strides--narrowing down which parts are which species. I've gotten it down to this:

Spoiler for Hidden:

The lovely Jubileus on FurAffinity agreed to draw my fursona--not once, but TWICE--and let me post them~

Spoiler for Hidden:
Anthro:

Feral:

The top picture Jubileus did is more fitting to Equinox's personality and colorscheme, but the second is so cute~ I love them both. :3