The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wearing your tail in public?  (Read 2749 times)

Offline wolfae

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox, Dog/Wolf, House Cat mix x3
Wearing your tail in public?
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »
Has anyone worn just their tail (well, with your clothes too xD) in public? Please share your experience(s) below on people's reactions and such ^_^

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
Re: Wearing your tail in public?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
I've only done it a couple times, but I've never had many reactions much less a negative one. One person even called out "nice tail!" approvingly to me once, but otherwise people seem to pretty much ignore it.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline LalaGelliHart

• Avid Aardvark
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: fox, dragon
  • Coloring: black, purple
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: Strong
  • Currently: Bored out of my MIND
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »
I wear my silver tipped fox tail all the time. I love the reactions from elderly. One gentleman once came up to me and said, "honey, your tail there is just adorable." And he had a huge smile on his face. Now, the kids around my age are the judgmental ones. At school, I get weird looks and frowns and glares. But, I don't care and keep wearing it. I don't think it's unacceptable, people just need to learn to be more open minded.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »
I only wear my tail at cons. But I don't take it off usually (because it's a pain in the ass to take off and put on my belt) until the weekend's over xD

When I would go out for coffee runs or to get food, I usually drove around with a few older furs with me in a large black pickup so I wasn't the only one with a tail either. We would often get weird looks, glares, a few laughs, and a lot of smiles. A couple had actually thought we were some weird new street gang because we all had tails and black hoodies while loitering in the parking lots of surrounding businesses after they commented on gang color bandanas going out of style xD
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:50:12 PM by Spike_ »

Offline Tonyyyyyyyyyyy

• Vibrating Furby
  • I will do anything for pocky.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bear
  • Coloring: darker brown with a white patch on chest
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Build: chubby
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
I used to often wear a tail around campus at my residential school. Some people really liked it while others silently built up resentment towards me. I am pretty sure I wore it a few other places and once to Walmart with a friend of mine who was a furry as well. People didn't seem to care as much when it wasn't just me doing it. I also wore my bear hat but the ears were kinda large so a little kid called me Mickey Mouse. I often got remarks like "nice hat/tail" but I wonder if they were snide or genuine.
  • Avatar by: an old friend named Opal

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
I love to wear my Golden Retriever tail around my house ^D^ I made it for a fursuit. I also used to wear a black cat tail that I got for Halloween until it broke ^D^

Post Merge: August 17, 2013, 04:14:34 PM
okay, today I went into town wearing my golden retriever puppy tail, people laughed and watched it wag as I walked.  ^_^ furries seem to be quite well known in this area the man in the foam shop must sell foam to furries quite often because he knew 3exactly what I wanted and gave tips too  ^_^ he also commented on my tail  XD being a furry is so fun  X3
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:14:35 PM by kittenScientist, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

ZARA-RA!!