The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Should i start playin IMVU  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Sam!00!

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: white/gray
Should i start playin IMVU
« on: August 03, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »
Should i start playing it?

It seems what everyone on here goes on to chat

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Should i start playin IMVU
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »
It is an interesting experience... there are a few ups and downs to it and a few things you should take into consideration when using it.

It is a 3-D Avatar Chat program, where many members make items (those members being called developers and the process of making the items called developing) for the avatars, and the members buy them with Credits (which can be bought various ways: directly from IMVU or directly from a really good developer, or even from an associate group of developers) or Promo Credits (free credits that can only be used for yourself, only retrieved from doing various tasks on IMVU).

This site is (supposedly) only comprised of people ages 13 and above. There are Adult users that hold special passes to make certain items and actions (during chat) available to be seen by other Access Pass holders. If you have any 'specific' questions dealing with IMVU, I'll be happy to help, and if I can't answer it, I know there are others out there that can answer them for you.

Offline Sam!00!

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 08:25:38 PM »
Ok im registered on it :D

My username is: SamTheFox
 if anyone wants it

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 09:34:11 PM »
Should've kept the costume part in this thread also... as for getting a costume, just search the catalog like you would Google, just make sure that you switch the little button on the side of the search to either Catalog or Products (I can't remember exactly which one, and IMVU's a bit nutty for me at the moment)

Offline Sam!00!

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 09:53:01 PM »
Yeah i think the sites down or somthing