The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stardust and Steel [Mecha RP]  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Stardust and Steel [Mecha RP]
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 02:52:29 AM »
I suppose I'll create a CS now, and see what happens?

Name: Hayden Rayleonarde
Species: Racoon.
Appearance: Ray stands at approximately 6 foot, 4 inches, and is incredibly lanky.  Not much for looks, Ray's appearance is relatively grungy, punk like almost. His hair is usually unkempt, but short.  He has small scars that are regularly shown, one under his left eye, another across the right paw, and a small one on his upper lip.  There are two large scars running vertically across both ankles, which are generally hidden by his lower bodywear.  Ray's general attire is usually a white t-shirt, adorned with grease stains, and black cargo pants.  Gray sneakers finish off the ensemble.
Personality: Though from a distance he doesn't seem approachable, Ray is very friendly.  He attempts to make friends with anyone he comes across, as long as he knows that they'll be working together.  The way he manages his relationships makes him fiercely loyal, and ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of a friend. 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______
XO Sheet:

Name: Prometheus Mk. VI
Function: Assault/ Seige
Appearance: With its relatively bulky shape, the Prometheus creates a slight panic feel.  With the intention of shattering the enemies moral, this XO carries a specialized arm created for unconvetional weapons.  The shoulder's rise an extra few feet above the head, housing massive 20mm rocket batteries.  The chassis houses two Anti-armor, heat seeking missiles.  A large, almost backpack looking hopper, houses the unholy munitions, for the specialized arm.  The shoulders, chest, shins, and forearms are covered in several inches of a special titanium tungsten blend, made to absorb kinetic, and unconventional, attacks.  Most of the external attachments can be ejected, allowing for faster movement speed.  The main armament on this XO is a 105mm Hadron electromagnetic cannon, equipped on the specialized arm.  This weapon slings 105mm rounds at near Mach 8 speeds, with the ability to piece 160 feet of concrete.  The only problem is, this requires several sub-systems to pull power from parts of the XO, which means it must be stationary, and most of auxiliary systems are shut down.  This disables the XO for several seconds, before all power is rerouted to standard systems.  The generator in the Prometheus is extremely volatile, which is why that, upon ejection, it is dumped into the battlefield, where it will hopefully cool, and shut down.  The pilots area, once ejected, creates what is essentially an exo-suit around the pilot, giving them increased survivability.  This exo-suit also carries a 20 mm auto-cannon, for engaging infantry and light armor
Armament:
2x Chest housed AP TOW Missiles
2x 20 mm shoulder mounted Siege rocket systems
1x Specialized Arm mounted 105 mm Hadron electromagnetic cannon.
2x Hip hard points
2x Shin hardpoints
1x Forearm Hardpoint.

Other Systems:
Mercy Core Dump Sub System
Survivalist Mk. III Pilot Survival Suit
Nitro Attachment Detachment System
Stone-ager Self Destruct System.
3ye-SP-y Light Radar installation

((If anything is deemed unuseable, please let me know.))

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »
Character Sheet:

Name: Ben
Species: wolf
Appearance: A wolf his fur is pitch black and has a red line running down from his nose to the tip of his tail, he also has a scar across his right eye, his height is 6 foot 1in, he weighs around 165lbs and is rather strong
Personality: Ben is a violent person he likes being in the action and the adrenaline rush that he gets from it, he is almost always fighting and has a short temper
Call sign: ripper, he has a thing for doing as much damage as possible
Personal weapons or equipment:
•an XO pilot' body armor and helmet(he tinkered with his and made it glow red)
•a combat knife

XO Sheet:
XO Name: Titan
Function: I.E. Infantry and light armor  removal
Appearance: will be in attachment
Standard weapons: .50cal explosive round three round burst rifle an an XO lock on rocket on my shoulder
Other systems:
Other systems or equipment of note:
•deployable smoke screen
• IR interchangeable vision

[attachment deleted by admin]
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »
Suzumi - Railgun sounds fine, I imagine a lot of the projectile weapons will be railguns, especially long-range ones, where space combat is an issue. The distances involved would mean hypervelocity rounds wou;d be a bonus, as well as the lack of recoil.

Ray - All looks good, aside from the 'Hadron Cannon'. What exactly is it, and what does it do? Is it a projectile weapon, a beam weapon..? Also, 105mm is the calibre of a Tank or a heavy vehicle weapon, and unless it's a rocket or other very low recoil weapon, that's probably a bit large for the size of the machine.

Ben - Looks good, but your XO is seriously under-armed, though that said, with the hardpoint system you can always fit additional weapons for each mission.
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Since it is an experimental weapon the fact that she can overcharge it to give the slug a secondary component will be fun to play with.

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 04:58:21 PM »
Ok I'll work on being badly armed
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  The Hadron cannon is a recoil-less cannon, the kick and recoil is offset by large weights attached to it.  It's a kinetic weapon, that essentially slingshots the munitions through a process similar to a railgun.  I understand it's a large weapon, that's why, unless I forgot them (which I probably did), subsystems engage to keep the XO upright upon firing.  These also disable the mechs ability to move for a few moments, as the subsystems have to disengage the stabilizers on the feet, and re-engage the leg joints, as these lock up to prevent stumbles.

((Hindsight: Forgot Callsign.  Callsign is Gambler.  Unless I'm in the survival suit, which then the callsign switches, and I'll notify all, to Nutcase.))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 02:12:29 AM by H. Rayleonarde III »

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The one and only Heavy Metal Hippy.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
  • Height: Big.
  • Build: Hairy.
  • Currently: I'm back!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:06 AM »
I realize most characters are supposed to be XO pilots, but I was wondering if my character could be more of an exo-suit (think Edge of Tomorrow or Elysium) outiftted infantryman. I will post a character sheet pertaining to such, but if it's an issue, let me know.

Name: Artyom Sergeyev
Species: Ferret
Appearance:
Tall (6' 3"), with dark fur and grey eyes. Tends to wear a helmet when in combat, or sunglasses when out.
Personality: A very down-to-business sort of man. Prefers to work alone, but isn't stupid enough to go into combat alone if he would be outmatched. Well disciplined, and to the point on most matters. However, he does have a humorous streak. If he feels the time is right, he'll crack a good joke, or act the fool. He also enjoys exploring the geology of different planets.
Call sign: Grim (due to some rather dark jokes he's made while on duty)
Personal weapons or equipment: Anti-tank class rail-gun and a 13 mm rocket-propelled pistol (this is an actual thing, see this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_mm_Gyrojet)

XO Sheet

XO Name:
None, he just calls it 'the suit'
Function:
I.E. Recon, heavy assault, etc.
Appearance: A simple, scratched up personal 'skin-tight' exosuit unit.
Standard weapons: None, other than retractable hook-shaped blades (usable for both fighting and climbing)

In Flames we trust.