The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bad News.  (Read 703 times)

Offline Caesar Longstride

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Anubis Horse
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6'1
  • Build: Sailor buff
Bad News.
« on: April 04, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »
     I have come here with a curious mindset. This furry thing is not new to me, but the fandom itself is. Word has it that you animals are nothing but bad news. Young people spreading their drama, and problems like the plague. But there is always two sides to every story, isn't there? There is most certainly one here. Word also has it that you animals are simple, trying to get by. People who lean in to a community, for the community is a place where you can take the lock off your little anti-social box for once, and relax. Knowing you wont be judged... Well, maybe just by this specific subject. Furry's.. I can't even describe them. Not yet.

Anyways, there is more where that came from, but that remains to be told.. Come, get to know me a little more. I am sure you animals love to chatter about. That's why I am here. I will be personifying a historical pirate, Charles Vane. I have fused this character with a Panther to fit right in here.

Come say hello, don't be shy.. But don't go asking for Exotic Role Plays...

Offline Sigah

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White w/ black stripes
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: average
Re: Bad News.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »
Good afternoon,  Charles Vane.

I'll be the first to break out the welcome wagon, along with sharing a similar outlook when initially finding this fandom, and this forum community as well.

I to let my curiosity get the best of me, about 5years or so ago. I had a buddy that took every opportunity to insult "furries". At that time, I was unaware of what furries even were or what they did. This led me to do a bit of my own google research,  and what I found was absolutely horrifying. I thought to myself, "there is no way these people can be THIS bad. It must just be a bunch of biased and uneducated opinions, so I'll check it out for myself".

That led to me google searching "Furry forums". The top result led me to this exact group on January 1st, ...2012? Eh date doesn't matter, but my account was made right after watchimg the new years ball drop on tv. I lurked for the most part in the begining of my stay here at TFF, but soon realized that if I truely wanted to know who these people were, I'd have to immerse myself into their culture with them. Once I did this, the welcoming I received was extremely friendly. Over the course of my first year in this place, I met many peoole who were well mannered,  well versed,  and just fun to chat with in general. Some of these people I still talk to, even today 5ish years since meeting them.

As in any setting where you get a bunch of people together on the Internet,  there will be "drama". Its not just limited to us furs, every fandom has it to some degree. Our awsome staff here at TFF are great people. You might not always see them on, but they always get back to you with answers to your concerns.  This helps keep the drama to a dull roar at its worst. Introductions such as the "rants and advice" thread have also helped to contain potential drama to one spot, along with giving people an outlet for their frustrations, anxieties,  and even success stories of our day to day lives.

Most of, if not all of our current active members are very well behaved when it comes to "exotic role playing". Most of these people will get to know someone before they even think of such a thing. This means that you just have to politely decline if someone asks. If you see explicit roll play hapening in our standard forum boards, you just have to click the report button, and our great staff will take care of it. If its in the "Adult section" then its generally allowed as long as all parties are willing, the thread is properly taged as containing explicit material,  and everyone respects those who wish to not participate and those who do.

I cant quite remember where the post is, but one of our mods, WingedZypher, has an old post she started titled "what is a furry?". It is one of the first threads I ever read here, and combined with actually interacting with these people whom are now refered to by me as my "fellow furs", I have found what I was so curious about many years ago, "what are furries, and why do they have such a bad rap". Now I'm a furry, just like the furs who accepted me in when I was in a similar position to yours.

Sorry for the long post, I tried to keep it short but that didnt work.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your stay. And once again, I welcome you to TFF.

P.S. Don't get discouraged by the lack of response to you're introduction post. Some of the furs here are shy, we have members from all over the world so time zones are a factor, and lots of the active members have responsibilities out side of the Internet, school, work, family.
  • Avatar by: Avatar was done by KaprikaAZ

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »
welcome and the thread sigah told you about is here

http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=16042.0

it cal also be found in the FAQ at the top under the "im new to this furry thing help"
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
You sound like you are trying to sell me a product, the way you talk. But I suppose you're right. I also hear some fandom's like to fight each other.. Word has it, the Brony fandom and Furry fandom don't get along.

To your "P.S":  I did not see many members on. I looked. But I am patient...

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
im just showing where something is

also the low members on its times of day really
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Sigah

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White w/ black stripes
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: average
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 07:32:31 PM »
Haha, yeah. Sometimes I feel as if I shoukd just go work in the salse industry. I have become long winded in my old age..vokay, so im not that old, but the point remains. All my activity in online forums has evolved my speech from simple and to the point to overly informative.
  • Avatar by: Avatar was done by KaprikaAZ

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:23:46 PM »
Hey there and welcome to our humble little furry corner im kalan the wolf/elf fox at heart
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »
I must admit I am impressed with your honesty, in many ways you arrived here in the same way I did, though I have joked that the world hosted a "pro-furry" advertising campaign focused on me.

I assure you, whatever furries are like elsewhere this forum is one of the nicest communities I know, even if I decide I am not a furry 3 months down the line, I will still hang around here as I like the people here.

So, welcome to the furry forums! Feel free to PM me with questions, or just to talk. My PM box is always open.  :3
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »
Thank you all.

Post Merge: April 05, 2015, 04:15:19 PM
Maybe I can be a mutated space Anubis instead. Those seem pretty neat.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:15:19 PM by Charles Vane, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »
Be whatever fits you best.

Or whatever you feel like being...

or failing that whatever random animal you can see out your window :3

The most important thing is your Fursona should be unique to you, and something you are happy to represent yourself as, there are no actual rules beyond that, we have a Xenomorph, a mantis, and a Fox robot on these very forums!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:30:33 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 10:19:07 PM »
They said I could be anything, so I became a Robotic Mantifox Xenomorph...

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »
Hi there, I'm going to start off by saying that I am scared to imagine what that would be or how it would look. Probably give me nightmares for weeks.

Secondly: Welcome! and all the other stuff you've been told 3-4 times already. I hope you enjoy it here, because it can be pretty awesome at times.

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »
Haha, I'll just stick with Panther. Thank you for the welcoming.

Post Merge: April 06, 2015, 06:27:36 PM
Screw it.. I'll be a Space Anubis. Charles Vane will always be in my heart. Lol. But It's time to use my developing character.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:27:36 PM by Charles Vane, Reason: Merged DoublePost »