The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can we REALLY help animals?  (Read 363 times)

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
Can we REALLY help animals?
« on: April 22, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
I've been in kind of a depressed state as of late. I go to so many places and I see a lot of people pushing hunting, meat eating, animal testing, deforestation, and just plain killing, harming and belittling animals, always saying "it's for the good of the environment" and what not.

But what I really wanted to make a topic about was to ask for ways we can help animals and the environment WITHOUT killing animals, harming them, or putting them below human convenience. It might make me feel a little better if I could get some help on this matter.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Can we REALLY help animals?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »
Act local.

Here are some ways to help the environment.

1. Recycle
2. Don't use airoconditioning or appliances that use lots of energy that aren't absolutely necessary
3. There are several ways you can save water. you can read about some of the ways here
4. Use a compost
5. If you can afford it, implement solar panels to your house, you may even get money by selling the electricity you generate

Those are just some ways.

I also want to make a small little moderator note

I'm assuming this topic is what you say it is, ways to help the environment that does not harm animals. If this topic becomes related to "animal abusers and how they're bad" then this topic will be locked, as this will be going off-topic. (You've made enough of those topics already)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline BennyJackdaw

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Meep!
    • Awards
  • Species: Giant Rat
Re: Can we REALLY help animals?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:13:56 PM »
Sounds easy enough. We don't have any recycling plants close by, but I'm already doing the fourth one.