The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Skinned and Hating It  (Read 735 times)

Offline medeiros.quill

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline - Calico
  • Coloring: Marbled Orange/Black/White
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: A Few Extra Pounds
Skinned and Hating It
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:56:06 AM »
Hey everyone

Call me Ckhao (pronounced "cow"). I've been out as a furry for a while, probably more than most are comfortable seeing from me. Given the chance, I'd wear my fur as part of my own body. But that's neither here nor there. I came on looking for advice. I've ecied that after too many years missing my tail and ears I want to go out and get a proper set done. A set I can wear often that won't fall apart. More than that, though, I want to get my hair dyed to match. The problem is, it would cost me over 100$ to have a salon dye my hair in calico colors. So I want to know just how difficult it would be to do it at home. Has anyone done it?

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Skinned and Hating It
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:58:58 AM »
Greetings, Ckhoa. I'm Zaida the alien hybrid and goddess, I apologize for you problem of ears and tail but I'm unable to help nor know anyone who can make new ones. I suggest looking in the art or cosplay section? And the hair I'm unsure... I'm dying mine a silver purple with white tips... As it's the color of my fursona but I rarely go to salons, maybe call or when at a salon ask since, I've seen some people dye their hair in many ways I'm sure someone is able to. Anyways if you need any help be sure to Pm me and I'll try to assist you until then, I hope you enjoy your stay here, Farewell.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:00:47 AM by Zaida »

Offline medeiros.quill

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline - Calico
  • Coloring: Marbled Orange/Black/White
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: A Few Extra Pounds
Re: Skinned and Hating It
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:05:26 AM »
I have someone able to make the ears and tail. That's the easy part. I just don't want to spend a hundred dollars to dye my hair, especially if it's something my wife can do at home without much issue....

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
Yea I'm unsure about that. I usually do my hair at home, wish I can help.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 08:16:19 AM »
Welcome to the forums!

In regards to dying hair, the lighter your natural hair colour, the easier it will be and more effective it will look.

Normally if you have dark hair, you'll need to get it bleached before you dye it. This can greatly weaken you hair if not done properly but is very possible to do at home.

Bleaching isn't always necessary, but it would be like trying to add colour to a dark canvas.

Otherwise, I honestly see no reason why your wife couldn't bleach and dye your hair. You just need to get some good dye and do some research into the process.

Good luck :)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 03:22:01 PM »
Hi there and welcome to this the furry forums. Im kalan the wolf/elf fox at heart. You can find me anywhere silly and random are happening. Any questions lemme know.
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:00 PM »
Congratulations, you've just been graced with the mighty Aconitum's presence. No, I kid. But seriously, welcome to the forums and such. I don't know how to help you with the hair thing without actually being there, but I suggest going to places like etsy or dA to look for new ears and tails. That way you can check out prices and quality, but... I feel like more so the prices cause it'd be hard to judge quality just be eyeballing a picture.