The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Forgotton War (Preview)  (Read 888 times)

Offline Amna al-Dhi'b

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arabian Wolf
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: happy!
The Forgotton War (Preview)
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:43:52 PM »
NOTE: I did not write this! It was written by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous.

* * "What!?" cried the small wolf with brown patched fur. "Y-you can't be serious, Lemontail."
 "I am serious, Oakstep," Lemontail replied. "Dead serious." Before he could respond, there was a loud crash and Berry came streaking through the bushes. "It's- it's them! It's the- the- well, you know, Lemontail, it's /them/!"
 "Relax, Berry," the yellowish she wolf dropped her voice to a whisper. "It's homophobes, right?"
 "Sshhh! Don't say it out loud!"
 "Get a grip, Berry. Do they even know you're- " Lemontail's voice dropped off as she noticed the heavy pawsteps moving swiftly toward them.
 Oakstep's eyes grew wide with terror. "They found you," he said to them. The two lesbians looked at one another. What else could they do now, but fight?
 "Let's go," Lemontail said with a sigh, but Berry just stared blankly at her.
 "Go? Go where?" she said indignantly. "We can't fight that, Lemontail. You know that."
 "I do know. If you mean how outnumbered we are, but really, is there anywhere else to go?"
 That's when they came. Three of them: a light grey female with white stripes, a dark brown male with lighter spots, and a snow-white male. Oakstep started to growl low in his throat. "L-l- leave m-my friends a-alone!" he cried shakily.
 The brown male lunged forward, "Shut your trap, traitor!"
   Oakstep shrank down on his belly. "Alright, ladies- if that's what you call yourselves," the white wolf began, "Let's make this as quick and as painful- er- painless, as possible."
 He motioned to the grey she wolf, who didn't hesitate to pounce on Berry and pin her to the ground. Within seconds Lemontail was wrestling with the first male who had spoken. Oakstep flattened him and the white one was on her. She sank her teeth into his shoulder and felt his claws rake across her chest. Just when she thought she was trapped under his weight, she remembered an old move she had practiced with a friend. She hooked her hind feet around the front of his shoulders and flipped him backwards. Springing to her paws, Lemontail pinned him to the best of her ability. Before the he could react, the pale wolf reared back and sank her teeth deep into his throat.
 He let out a gurgling shriek and tore away into the forest.
 Lemontail looked up to see Berry wrestling the brown wolf, and the grey one had dissapeared altogether. "Oakstep?" she called. There was a soft cry from across the clearing. Lemontail turned to see a lump of fur bunched up in the corner. She heard pawsteps scamper away and Berry appeared beside her.
 "What happened?" she asked softly.
 The young females stepped closer to find their friend motionless and soaked with blood. "Oh no," they whispered together. He slowly opened his eyes and stared up at them.
 What now? Lemontail wondered. What have we done? Oakstep was straight. He was just an ally. This was the gay wolves' war; Oakstep had nothing to do with it. Hot tears spilled down her muzzle. This wasn't fair. It should never have happened. "Why didn't you run?" she whispered to him, "You don't have to fight them." ... * *
"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."
--Edgar Allen Poe