The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Matthew the Rattled  (Read 964 times)

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Matthew the Rattled
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »
I'm just doing this for poops and giggles. I hope you all enjoy the read.

"You all quiet down, now! You disrespectful little schnitzel sticks, respect your god blessed elders! Hush up. I'm talking to you, person who's reading me written in a story. Fourth wall my left foot. I'm gonna break so many walls, it'll be like Berlin all over again, just without the crotchety president and the oppressive government. Or was it downtrodden hippies? Whatever.

Yewie. The world that this takes place on. A world where anything goes, and everything doesn't. Where is it located? Put your grubby little hands down, I'll get to it! Most of you unsatisfactory chits think it might take place on Middle Earth. That's a popular fantasy location for your generation AND mine. Look at that. Blowing your mind already. But it's a bunch of hooey! Middle Earth, indeed. Another world below the crust of our planet where elves and dwarves frolic in little daisies and bask in rainbow glitter dust? Bah! No sir! This takes place on a world above our own.

Stop looking into space, that's ... Titan! You be quiet now, I saw you pinch Firox, don't pretend you didn't! Gods save me. This take place in a location called Upper Earth. It's a plane of existence that involves a bunch of quantum physics and multiverse and lenses and computer simulated reality like the Matrix. At least I think those are the conspiracy theories that are popular.

Where was I? Yes! Upper Earth. You know how your vidja grame characters do double jumps in midair and you think it's totally not possible? Well it is! They use the world of Upper Earth to jump off of a second time. There, see? Much more believable. Because I said so, Nutmeg! That's why!

The story you're about to hear took place many ages ago tomorrow. This is the story of Matthew the Rattled.

Pause for dramatic effect ... spread hands ... annnnnd faaaaade ooooooout ...

Matthew the Rattled was born a normal animal, like you or me. His parents were not one fish, but two fish. One was red, and the other was blue. Matthew, however, was a fox. Don't ask how it's possible, nobody is entirely sure. That's just the way it happens. Something about zygotes and mutations and gods will. This is my story, so you're just going to have to deal with it. The problem with the child is that he was born in a moving stream, and streams that move tend to have rocks that don't. The very day of his conception and birth, because I want them both to happen and I think it will be funny, Matthew floated downstream at ten clips faster than the water was moving. His mass was greater than the water or something, I don't know.

Anyway, the child banged his head good and hard against a rock. See, the rocks had been playing a game of 'Move in the way of oncoming detritus.' Now, we all know Matt wasn't detritus, but try telling that to a thick brained rock! After this tragic incident, his parents (who knew math quite well. You'd be surprised - Fish are incredibly adept at matthewmatics. See what I did there? Matthew ... mat ... shut up and listen!) picked him up. Since they knew that the laws of the universe stated that two wrongs make a right, they swung that little fox as hard as they could into another rock, braining him again.

When the child awoke, his brain was relatively back to normal. Because that's how it works. Only one thought was still askew in the child's mind - He believed that all things cute and fuzzy were out to destroy the world. It was then that he decided to become a knight in tarnished armor! Who ever heard of a night in shining armor? Why would it be shining, I mean that seems like a pretty useless knight. What, he never got in a battle? Who wants an unseasoned knight? Maybe Lowry. Or does Lowry like seasoning?

Where was I? That's right. The child grew up, quick as the Dickens - which is another term I don't understand. Was Dickens quick? What is a Dickens? Are we talking about the author Charles Dickens? I hear he made up stories quick, fast, and in a hurry. Advance to his adult years, and Matthew has become the Tarnished Knight, as he had hoped!

His trail of cute creature vengeance was long and bloody, and he had more than a few scars from his battles with house cats, field mice, and the occasional drinking game with dragons. I said cute and fluffy, not scary and scaly. Keep your story straight and stop going off course. It was, then, that he came to a field. He stood on a hillock, looking down upon a majestic onehornahorse. No, it's not a unicorn! Those don't exist! The onehornahorse, however, is very real. It's a horse with one horn. Hell, let's make it sharp. It's a horse with a sword on its head! That's right. How epic is that? Didn't think old men had cool things to put in stories, well chew on that, pups!

"You!" Matthew shouted, making the onehornahorse look up abruptly with ... I don't know. String beans hanging from its mouth. Horses eat that garbage, right? "I will abide your presence in this field that is not owned by anyone no longer!"

The onehornahorse laughed, since horses have vocal cords that allow that kind of thing. "You would stop me? I am doing nothing terrible, only ridding the world of a few disgusting vegetables." Matthew drew his sword, slicing it through the air to sharpen it. Physics, children! Physics! "Why wouldst thou kill me?" See, onehornahorses are british or some other weird nationality.

"I have traveled long and found out that you are the head spokeshorse for the Gathering of Diabolical Cuteness. You shall answer for your crimes against furmanity!"

"But good sir. A horse is but a horse, of course."

"Of course! Unless that horse is ..."

The onehornahorse stood, swiping its sword head back and forth, now enraged. The rattled one knew his name! "Mr. Ed!" the horse screamed in a battle cry and came at Matthew. Matthew side stepped and brought his sword around, slicing the things jugular good and deep. I'm not going to give you a whole fight scene. They fought for like an hour before that happened. There, is that better?

Rainbow colored blood sprayed just everywhere. All over the place. Except for on Matthew, who dodge it with the swiftness of the wind. Sheathing his sword, he continued into the forest. Shortly into the trek, a squirrel girl - I'm looking at you, Meg - in a red cape came running up to him. "Mr!" She pronounced it M R. Girls are ridiculous. What? What do you mean they're not? I've been married to one my whole life, fresh out of the womb, and I can tell you I don't understand them any more now than I did then! Be quiet!

"Mr!" she repeated herself because she liked to just talk and talk and never be quiet. "You have to help me! There's a wolf chasing me, and I can't get away because while I'm quick, wolves are just too awesome and handsome and swift footed and clever, and everyone should look up to them and appreciate that they exist! Except me, because I'm in this story, and we need me to be chased!"

Unfortunately for her, as Matthew looked her up and down, she was cute. Very cute. And oh, was she ever so fluffy. Promptly, Matt ran his sword through her and spit her over a fire. Because of gravity, time runs differently, and the wolf that had been chasing her was higher up on a small hill. Which means Matthew could do all this in the time it took the wolf to get there. When he did, the wolf broke down crying at the sight of Little Red Squirreling Hood spitted over a barbecue. "Oh, good knight! Thank you so much! That little girl has been positively tormenting me, coming to my house EVERY day to try and sell her accursed squirrel scout cookies. I can't afford to put on weight, for all wolves are sculpted and muscular and supremely attractive. What kind of wolf would I be if I did?"

"It is not a problem, Mr. Vulf." He knew, deep down, that this wolf was German. For all of their other godlike attributes, wolves can sometimes sound very angry even when they're being nice. Hence, German. Just be glad he's not American, because then he'd be fat and useless and pronounce things like 'Merica. How does that even make sense? That's not cool. That makes you sound like an idiot. "If you were rotund from eating too much, you would be a leopard, or a tiger. Maybe a lion. They have no self control, and eat entirely too much. I've heard it's about seventeen times their body weight. Halfway through their lives, they just kind of roll from place to place. Shall we feast?" He gestured to Little Red, and they both ate - but only enough to remain as attractive as a wolf and as swift as a fox. Seriously, wolves are like ... what's the equivalent of an adonis for a wolf? Adonilf? No. That's entirely too close to Adolf. And wolves aren't Adolf - they're good, kind, knowing creatures. Adolf is more relatable to a weasel. Terrible little people, them.

I got distracted again. Where was I? Uhhh. They ate, continued on, split up, other things happened. What was the next big ... oh yes! The Feline Witch and those two stuffy rabbit children, Hanzfluff and Thumple.

((Alright, this is an aside from the admittedly crazy author. I need to take a break, so I'll leave it here for now. Tell me if you're at least enjoying it and I'll write more later tomorrow! :D ))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:36:34 PM by Proto_Triose »
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline faygolordhonk

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Matthew the Rattled
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 05:00:23 AM »
OMG this is great :D I enjoyed this very much.

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »
Whazzat? Did I dose off? What kind of question is that? How many elderly people do you know that just doze off in the middle of doing something important? And who braided my ... never mind, I kind of like it.

Matthew continued through the woods. The wolf undoubtedly had extremely important things to do; they always do. Nothing they do is unimportant. So it was that Matt came across a little gingerbread house in the woods. Obviously, the person who built this was absolutely insane. Gingerbread? In a forest? All sorts of creatures must come and eat her house just about every day. If she wanted some kind of stability, she should have built it on a waterfall. Or in a gated community!

Matthew started and drew his sword that he was still holding. I'm sure there was a blind guy looking through a knothole in a barbed wire fence somewhere nearby, too. But that's unimportant. What made his stomach churn and disgust were two of the most diabolical, disgusting, and evil creatures on the planet. Two. Rabbits!

They hopped all cute down the trail, like they owned the damn place. Every bounce, they pooped little pellets. Disgusting creatures. It's probably because, like the lion, rabbits just can't control themselves. And Matthew knew they liked sweets, and not vegetables, so he knew the little things had eaten this poor woman's house. He knew it was a woman's house, because it was pretty. If it was a man's, it would just be a concrete square with one, maybe two windows and a very welcoming "Go Away!" sign on the front. Because men are ridiculous, too! As a matter of fact, you would do best to remember that neither of the sexes make any sense whatsoever! Blargh!

You kids distracting me, we've already missed the best part! There was a whole scene where the bunnies jumped around all fleet footed, and really messed Matthew up. You would have really enjoyed that fight scene, but the rabbits are dead now. They're bleeding and decapitated at his feet, and he's cut off their feet to keep as warning charms to the next cute and fluffy little son of a gun that comes along. See what you missed? Yeah. You can imagine it, can't you? That's what you get for distracting me.

The feline witch ran out of her house - he was right. The only creature crazy enough to build a very pretty though edible house in the middle of the woods WOULD be a cat. They don't make the best decisions, cats. You remember the lion? They're cats too, and we all see the decisions they make, don't we Sandor? And of course, it was a woman. Crazy old bitty.

"Sir knight, thank you!" She purred, and tried to lay sexing on him, but Matthew is celibate because you're too young for all that, and he promptly turned her down. Why are you interrupting me again? Why isn't he killing these furry animals that he comes and saves? Because I'm telling the story, that's why! Fine, the cat was extremely obese, and not in any way cute. She had a missing eye, a broken tail, and only two fingers on her right paw.

"Fret not, madam. But I will not be here to protect you from other disgusting creatures that come to feast upon the flesh of your house." Matthew pointed into the distance, and the feline witch followed his finger, nearly blinding herself in her one good eye because she looked directly into the sun. You shouldn't do that, because the suns rays are knives that it throws at the planet and give you cancer. Look it up. Scientific fact.

As he left behind the extremely satisfied pu ... feline. Almost got me there. But I'm not telling you kids any sex jokes or erotic stories! You want that you go to some literotica website, because I will not be sharing filth with you young ones! And that's what it is. Pure, unadulterated filth.

Your grandma should be awake in about an hour. Matthew heard a sound coming from the trees!

Dra -

"What in the name of all that is fluffy?" He growled to himself. Do foxes growl? I think they sly. Can you sly at yourself, or clever at yourself? Maybe you can swift yourself. We'll go with that. Matthew swiftly kicked himself in the shin, because sane people do that after hearing things coming from the woods around them.

A -

Dra - A -

Kin -

Kin - Dra - A -

"Kin Dra A?" He slyed to himself.

That's when two chipmunks and a rat (The rat was adopted. The chipmunks saw him in their burrow trying to steal whatever it is chipmunks eat. Bark or something. And they thought he was an orphan, so they adopted him. Not wanting to get in trouble with the cops, because all rats are notorious for being felons, he went along with the ruse. And they were a family now. Get over it.) jumped out of the woods, each speaking what Matthew assumed were their names while they stacked up on each other like some kind of pillsbury dough tower.

Dra!
Kin!
A!

Drakina! He had always assumed the infamous Drakina was one person, but it turned out it was three! He knew these horrible creatures had hacked life and had unlimited items now that they could share with each other as long as they were Rare-3 or less. Promptly, Matthew kicked the top and bottom ones. You may have guessed these were the chipmunks. He really didn't like them, and who could blame the poor fellow? They did kill his parents. Did I forget to mention that? Because I'm not making this up as I go, it's just a fact. Chipmunks eat fish and bark, and they kill people named Matthew's parents. Use the google, it's true.

It was a hard enough kick with the modified boot tip that made them knives now that they died instantly. He picked up the little rat, that he really had nothing against. Rats are neither cute, nor particularly fluffy. And what did he do? He set him on his shoulder. The rat was so happy that he saved him from having to pretend to be their son that he gave Matthew directions to the clearing in which the Gathering of Deplorable Cuteness would take place. Where all of the cute and furry creatures of the forest would Gather at one time to discuss their plan to dominate the world. It was going to be a blood bath, yes indeed.

There's your grandmother. All this talk of gingerbread houses is getting grandpa hungry if you know what he means. You kids go play with your Zima and your Nintendos and your Hula Hoops and I'll be back to finish the story in a little bit.

(( That's once again Mr. Psycho here needing to take a breather. Two pages in my book, two pages here, and I'm spent for the night on writing long stories. Will be back to finish it tomorrow! Hope you're all still laughing! ))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:01:21 AM by Proto Triose »
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Winnona

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Utahraptor.
  • Coloring: Brown with burgundy feathers. Pink and blue eyes.
  • Height: About 6 feet.
  • Build: Sturdy and curvy.
  • Currently: Loitering about.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »
Satire is a wonderful thing, isn't it? :P I'm looking forward to the next part. :)
  • Avatar by: Myself. (That white thing's supposed to be a fur coat.)
"Ibis redibis nunquam per bella peribis." In other words, proper punctuation is important.

Click, please, if you have a moment?

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 07:38:32 PM »
Why have I stumbled upon this so late?? It's an amazing story, I love the story and how random it is x3
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest