The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furry club?  (Read 609 times)

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/demon/fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Crimson red/grey
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Improving at Osu!
Furry club?
« on: March 21, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »
i'm a 16 year old demon/goat/wolf hybrid and I need some help. My school has a negative bias torwards furries and people get in trouble for merely mentioning them. I feel very alone fighting this battle, as there aren't many other furries I know. I would fully explain everything in detail on this forum post, but, I have already wrote a multi-page entry on my blog.

crayonsdomain.blogspot.com/2016/03/why-rrhs-needs-furries-club.html?m=1

PM me if you have advice or live in TX and want to help out.
twitch.tv/MTF_AsrielDreemurr

Offline Makias

• The World's Cutest Dragon
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black/Dark Purple
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 135lbs
  • Build: small build
Re: Furry club?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:21:15 AM »
best advice I can offer.....**censor** what they think, **censor** what they say, what their mindset is shouldn't matter to you, the second you let it matter is when you start feeling negative about it. I stopped caring what people thought years ago, and I have felt better ever since, I am happy with who I am and I wont change a damn thing to please anyone.

there is always going to be those who have a negative attitude towards you no matter what you do, I learned that full and well, there is no escaping it. face it head on and stand strong my friend, you are not alone in that battle, remember that.  ^_^
Makias ismthe maximum level of cute any fur ever can achieve.  The furry commision had to get together and make a new level of cute for him

Offline moonwolf101

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Work Until Your Idols Become Your Rivals
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a light tan underbelly, dark brown hair that hangs over her right eye, has blue eyes
  • Height: about 5 feet
  • Weight: 106.9
  • Build: thin, female build
  • Currently: meh
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
What other people think shouldn't matter to you or define who you are. If somebody dislikes one of your interests and tries to put you down about it, they will want you to bow down to them and hop on the bandwagon, which will give them the satisfaction of victory. Now I want to point out that in your article, it seems that you get punished for mentioning/being a furry? Did I read that right? Anyway, if this IS the case, you shouldn't be punished for being in an internet subculture that society has made false bias about. Which, as a school, should be supporting furries since they mean no harm. Schools normally revolve around the "rule" that everyone is an individual. Your school seems to toss that into the trash bin without any consideration or discussions on the furry subculture. Do you have any friends in the fandom? If so you guys can get together in your own personal furry "club" like me and my friends did, of course our school isn't too bias centered... Anyway this is all I can think of to say so just be yourself and don't worry about what others think of you. Best of luck to ya!
  • Avatar by: lineart by Rits-Blitz
"we do have a lot in common.
The same earth, the same air, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... Well, who knows." - Meowth

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »
What other people think shouldn't matter to you or define who you are. If somebody dislikes one of your interests and tries to put you down about it, they will want you to bow down to them and hop on the bandwagon, which will give them the satisfaction of victory. Now I want to point out that in your article, it seems that you get punished for mentioning/being a furry? Did I read that right? Anyway, if this IS the case, you shouldn't be punished for being in an internet subculture that society has made false bias about. Which, as a school, should be supporting furries since they mean no harm. Schools normally revolve around the "rule" that everyone is an individual. Your school seems to toss that into the trash bin without any consideration or discussions on the furry subculture. Do you have any friends in the fandom? If so you guys can get together in your own personal furry "club" like me and my friends did, of course our school isn't too bias centered... Anyway this is all I can think of to say so just be yourself and don't worry about what others think of you. Best of luck to ya!

What? I can't read it, it just shows up as lines

Offline Makias

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »
insert it as a quote in a reply, then you can read it

don't post just sit in the reply window to read it
Makias ismthe maximum level of cute any fur ever can achieve.  The furry commision had to get together and make a new level of cute for him

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 04:13:43 PM »
insert it as a quote in a reply, then you can read it

don't post just sit in the reply window to read it

Thanks! I now can read it

Offline Makias

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »
no problem ^_^