The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Being okay advice  (Read 451 times)

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
Being okay advice
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:07:07 PM »
I don't know I usually tend to be calm, maybe I can give a piece of advice... I really hope it helps...

Solitude and company

Everyone has those days where they would rather be left alone, and stuff. Figure out how you feel and give yourself space. Even friends can be annoying at times. If you have annoying people at home, go out on a walk. Put on some music and just, chillax. If you need to get things done like homework, maybe you could put on some headphones, and work at it. If someone bugs you about headphones, tell them that you just need the space and concentration. (Of course you don't actually need to have music plying in your headphones.) If they still bug you, go to the library and find a place where no one would bug you. (Or even parks or just outside if it's warm.) Remember don't lash out at people at times, and understand people need the time alone as well. So if you realize you hang out EVERYDAY with a friend for a long period of time. Maybe the both of you need space.

Rough days and small rewards

You've had a crappy day. You might need something good in your life. If you have a dollar, maybe you can buy a donut or something. If it's been a crappy week, a game for the weekend. (Or a movie or a book.) Something that leaves you in solitude and lets you recharge.

Tight spots and thinking it through

Alright you've made a mistake or something bad is bound to happen. Think it through. I know it might be the last thing you want on your mind. But if you can expect the worst. Calm down and just think and predict what you can do about it/ or what will happen. For an example you know your parents are going to take away your Xbox because of a bad report card. Then calm down, and predict what your parents will say. Then think about what you're going to say. You're bound to say something less bad and more controlled if you're going to end up arguing with your parents. Also MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR CALM, when a person is angry at you, and they have power over you. These two are a terrible combination. Especially when they see that you're trying to protect yourself from their power. Just keep your calm, understand that it's going to be a while, and act like you're listening to them. Heck they might be like, "Alright. Now I'm done ranting, I'm going to listen to you." 

Keep secrets

I kept being a secret (About being a furry) down for a year before exposing it. Certain things, you should JUST NEVER EVER SAY IT! If you're gay, keep quiet about it. Obviously if you're a furry, once again, don't mention it. If you plan on breaking it to your friends. Mention something negative about it, like man those furries are so wierd. And see how they react. If they react like YEAH THEY SUCK AND THEY SHOULD BURN. Well you have your answer. If they reply with a kind of, Yeah.... I guess. Well once again there's your answer. Make sure you know if the person is tight lipped or not, and what your social status is.

Social Status

If you're known for being bad/stupid/ e.t.c don't let out secrets. They'll think bad about you. And often leads to bullies. On the other hand, if you've got good popularity, and people like you. You can say, or should say, You're e.t.c. This is how people know I'm a furry, sometimes make jokes or cracks about furries, but they're still okay with me. To begin with I've always been on everybody's good side because I was always friendly and was willing to help out people. Even people that I don't know, if they're crying and falling apart, I try to see what I can do.

Be a listening ear on your good days

Being a listening ear is REALLY IMPORTANT about friends. Everyone had bad days, but sometimes people need someone to lash out on. Well be the one to carry the burden. You love your friend, then be willing to give him a hug when he's flipping desks. (Okay when that happens, keep your distance.) But when they're on their last nerve, ask, "Hey what's up? You alright?" And expect them to snap at you and don't snap back. Despite them snapping at you, if you start saying nasty stuff towards them, they're going to be further in their hole.

Online ranting.

The forum is a beautiful place for ranting.... (And also screwing around and acting like yourself.) People will listen to you if you rant. (Most of the time.) And usually getting your anger down into words calms you down. I've got to admit half the time I wrote an essay's worth of a rant, and then deleted everything happier than I started. Getting things off your chest onto paper (or text) is a good way to keep anger down.

Dealing with parents

Parents will always get angry at you. But when they do, just let them get angry at you. Don't stress. It's bound to happen again anyway. But of course sometimes you should consider what they say.

Lying

Despite lying being 'terrible' their are some good things that can come out of it. Your father hates gay people and you're gay. Obvious thing to do lie until you're an adult. Of course their are bad lies as well, like laying the blame on other people if there is a problem and it's your fault.

Pick your battles.

If someone says something stupid all the time. Let most of them go by. Honestly if you had to fight EVERY TIME, you're going to be the one to be flipping desks and alone. People like being understood. So if your friend does something that seems kind of like a bad idea to you, and they explain how that's a good thing. Don't just be like, "IT"S BAD BAD BAD!" Instead steer them with questions, like, "I don't know man. If you do that, it seems like a bad idea." or "Are you sure? Well what do you think the benefits are?" If they still don't agree with you, I suggest not being too close with them.  (For an example, a drugee friend.) You wouldn't stay so close to them, but if you want to be cool with them, you've got to play along.

Be open minded.

You want people to like you. You've got to like them first. If people think skateboarding is cool, but you hate it. Well at least act like it's cool. Or don't down vote it so hard. Say that, "I don't know, not my thing." Or, "It seems dangerous, and too physical. Leave the more technical things to me." Don't say ," SKATEBOARD ARE FOR DRUGEES DRUGEE!!!" That's how you get people hate you. Don't express your negative opinions so much. Of course why don't you try it? (Unless it really is not your thing and trying to go down hill on a board really freaks you out.) Making friends is all about relating.

Play along.

People love people that agree with them. So if your friend shows you something stupid and really cringey and cornball, well at least force a smile, and act like you're enjoying it. But make it a little obvious that you don't really like it. People like people like that, like they're trying to get it, but instead it's just not their thing.

Be kind, initiate being a good person first.

First impressions are ever lasting. Do good things all the time. Holding doors open stuff like that. You can do bigger things by keeping people on your mind.

I don't know but that's how I ended up in a good situation. Please add anything that I didn't think of, or maybe I'm wrong on somethings. Open to criticism, and I would love to be told I'm wrong on something so I can fix it.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)