The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fayam's story  (Read 867 times)

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
Fayam's story
« on: May 04, 2016, 02:36:34 PM »
A few weeks ago I decided to write Fayam's history. It's only a very short story but it does the trick.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
The history Of Fayam Aerial

Fayam came from a little village, where he was the last out of a family of 4. He was late to break out of his shell, so his parents pushed the egg out of the nest. A porcupine on visit saw and stopped the egg rolling from the hill the nest was built on. He brought it up top and asked: "Is this egg yours?" Fayams father said: "Yes, but it will not hatch. I think it is dead, actually." The porcupine answered: "Sorry for you. Can I have it?" "Yes," said the mother. So the porcupine brought the egg with him to the big city. After a few days however he heard some weird squeaking from the place where he kept the egg and saw the young bird. He was surprised and muttered: "It was not dead after all- it was just late!" So he went to register the chick as Fayam Aerial. It was not until years later Fayam asked whether the porcupine was his real father. He could clearly tell the difference, of course. The porcupine told him the story, of how he got him. Fayam was shocked. Only years later he got the trip to his home village funded. He stepped in the train with mixed feelings, and held them all the way back to his old nest. Fayam arrived at the hill, with the old nest and his old parents on it. He saw the similarities between him and the parents, and so did they. "Child?" his mother asked. "Mom? Dad?" Fayam responded. His father was surprised to see him. "Oh child, you are alive!" Fayam told them the story of his life in the city. "Good to see you are back!" his mother proclaimed, "But how did they call you?" "Fayam. Fayam Aerial." Fayam answered, "And you are?" "We are Andy and Nathali Goldfeather," his parents told him. Nathali rummaged a bit in her pockets and handed him a little present. "Here, we kept this for you in the hope you might return one day. And that is today." Fayam took it and looked at the time. "Oh dear. I got to make the train back home now," he said. They made for the station, and there Fayam hugged his parents. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" he said when he boarded. They watched the train depart with mixed feelings. In the train he opened the present and found a small picture of his parents and siblings. At home he put it next to his bed and it has not moved ever since.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______
You can also find it on my profile. Why I haven't used abbreviations? If I enter single quotation marks (') in the customisation box of the Ultimate Profile the site puts slashes (/) next to them, and it gets worse: It puts another slash next to the marks, and next to the already existing slashes, and it becomes a total mess.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:18:12 PM by Fayam Aerial »