The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hair?  (Read 1025 times)

guest22811

Hair?
« on: June 20, 2016, 07:49:28 AM »
Just gonna make it quick xD

How do you guys put hair on your fursuit (if your suit has hair)?

Do you use long fake fur, a wig or can you buy it somewhere?

Do you sow it onto your fursuit?

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Hair?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 08:46:06 AM »
I suppose it has to do with the maker, the hair style, and how you yourself want it.
If the head has a zipper on the back to close it, a detachable hair piece might be best, because if you sow it on, it might be hard to use the zipper, you know? x3
If it's like a punk hair mohawk thing, it's usually sown on.
Someone I had met here on the forums actually got a fursuit with various coloured hair pieces/wigs, so he could always switch it up.

I guess I would say from seeing various head style and such: Unless there is a reason to have it detached, just sow it onto the head.
Hope that helps :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

guest22811

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »
I suppose it has to do with the maker, the hair style, and how you yourself want it.
If the head has a zipper on the back to close it, a detachable hair piece might be best, because if you sow it on, it might be hard to use the zipper, you know? x3
If it's like a punk hair mohawk thing, it's usually sown on.
Someone I had met here on the forums actually got a fursuit with various coloured hair pieces/wigs, so he could always switch it up.

I guess I would say from seeing various head style and such: Unless there is a reason to have it detached, just sow it onto the head.
Hope that helps :)

Ah, ok! TYSM!

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 09:24:04 AM »
No problem ^-^
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Recuperating
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 10:26:44 AM »
The hair on the suit with my avi is 3 inch long pile fur. (If you wanted to see the back, the start of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5LcZeu_Qj8 has it :)  )
I think if you can buy longer fur, probably 3 inches being the minimum with 'long' hair, it adds more volume. I think most people with wigs on suits looks a bit flat, though with 2 or more wigs, it can look really good! I also added some foam to the front poof of the head to make is look fuller. I glued the fur to the foam, curving the edges under so you can't see the backing.
Another good place to buy longer fur like http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10195956/ is from http://www.nftech.com/. They're expensive, but their fur piles are extremely long and high quality. I agree with Ventus, if you have a zipper its a pain in the butt to try and make the hair not get caught in the zipper :P