The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hum...Bonjour?  (Read 712 times)

Offline Seiden

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: 167cm on anthro form
  • Weight: 50kg on anthro form
  • Build: Slim
  • Reference: [link]
Hum...Bonjour?
« on: November 17, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »

Bonjour,
So I randomly registered on this forum. I guess I have to say "hello" and introduce myself. This step always feels awkward, as I am not sure of what am I supposed to do about myself. My personal informations probably aren't interesting, but at the same time, I can't leave this introduction all empty? So, I will do my best to give some various informations about myself without going too personal, even though I am sure nobody is reading the introduction forums anyway.

I am Seiden Kaczka, I am a young adult and I live in France.
I am a cat, a simple one, a fully black tomcat with no specific breed and no physical particularity. My fursona is not a character nor a cool design to represent myself it is just... Me. I always represented myself with a black cat, starting from when I was something like 6 years old. So, yeah, I always have been a furry. I always loved anthropomorphic animals, starting with comics (Donald and some more furry-looking things whose I forgot  the name) and video games (Lionhead's Black&White, the first one, was one of the most important thing of my childhood, really, ahah), and then discovering some art and characters on the internet. I started to collect and gather lots of furry pictures and roleplay some furry characters on various forums. All clean, of course. I've never been into yiff nor any fetish.
Despite having always been a furry, I never took a big part into the furry fandom, and rather tended to avoid it. Mostly because the few times I tried to join some furry communities (websites, forums, chatrooms...), it was all about sex and yiff, to the point is was almost not possible to talk about anything else, and this is really not what I am looking for. But recently I decided to give it another try, hoping that somewhere I'll find some other topics than just sex and dog genitals.
I am here to chat about kind of everything (except yiff of course) and empty my mind after an hard day of work.

I love art. I love to look at drawings and photographies, to admire them, to study them. I have a good critical look and am good at spotting and pointing out flaws and defects, but I am also good at spotting what makes a picture really good. I also love music (only instrumental/soundtracks/etc without human voices) but I don't know anything about it.
I am not an artist myself, but sometimes I still try to do some things, but I have no skill nor  talent at all.

Beside this, I have two main passions. First, sciences. I love sciences, almost all of them. I am mostly into biology, astronomy, psychology and kinda philosophy, but I also love physics and mathematics when I do not have to make the calculus and learn the formulas. Actually, I am a biology student, hoping to become a researcher someday.
Second, I love making up worlds, characters and stories. This is probably my main interest. I love daydreaming, making up stories involving lots of various characters (including furry ones, of course), developing said characters in detail, making up worlds with their lores and specificity.... I also love writing and roleplaying, of course!

I also love Pokémon a lot. Too much. Way too much. And rubber ducks. Also way too much.

So.... Am I supposed to talk about my personality? I don't think so? I have no idea, actually. Well, I probably shouldn't, then I wont. Then, I guess I'll stop here ?
I am French and I am not really good at English, therefore, I am really sorry for all of my mistakes !

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: Hum...Bonjour?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Seiden!^_^

Lots of diffrent friendly furs to meet here and don't worry about the "yiff" stuff it isn't allowed on the main part of the forums, theres plently of other topics to talk about here. I hope you enjoy your time here.  :)
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Seiden

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »
Aw, an Eevee :D
Thank you !
I am French and I am not really good at English, therefore, I am really sorry for all of my mistakes !

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 03:57:43 PM »
Hiya Seiden!

Welcome to the forums ^_^ 
I won't dwell on it but yes, this is a PG-13 forum so you are quite safe from dog genitals ;)

Also, I'm fascinated that you have always identified as a black cat, I think that's pretty cool.  Biology is AMAZING I hope you get to follow your passion into research.  You'll find there are a few science lovers here always happy to talk shop.  My specialization is in psychology and philosophy but I love all sciences too.

Anyway, hope you have fun, feel free to ask questions or say hi and you can always PM me or another staff member if you want.

Have fun and I hope to see you around!

Offline Seiden

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 05:00:17 PM »
Thank you!
How is it fascinated that I identified as a black cat? It shouldn't be rare on a furry forum. And, yeah, biology is amazing ♥
I love psychology and philosophy too. If I could, I would study psychology too. But, well, unfortunately, I have to focus on a single topic. But I'd love to hear about your knowledge :D

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
Haha!  Well it's certainly at home in the furry fandom!  XD

But i guess, it's interesting that it was so specific from such an early age.  I know my own furry tendencies were vague and blurry at that age, even though I remember feeling strongly at the time.

As for my "knowledge", my favourite areas were cognitive neuroscience, language and developmental psych and analytic philosophy, cosmology, philosophy of science and formal logic.  But my whole approach is tied to evolutionary psychology and behavioral genetics.  But I try to know a little about most things!

Do you have any favourite biologists/authors?  I'm rather fond of Richard Dawkins, Stephen J Gould, Ernst Mayr and E O Wilson personally, even though (or maybe because) they often argued with each other.

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 08:25:41 AM »
*waves paw - wags tail*

first thing I sees is a very adorable feline saying hai!
Hai and welcome Sedai!
hopes you have fun with us
I also loves Pokemon! (you can guess what my favorites are by my various avi's)

I'm Firox, the friendly and snuggable fox
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Seiden

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 08:32:45 AM »
@Trixsie
Do you work/study in a scientific domain?
I don't have favourite authors. Actually, I have no idea what to read. And I don't feel much comfortable yet reading English books. But I'll definitely have a look at these authors! (maybe their books had been translated)

@Firox
Thank you! :D
But, nah, I'm not adorable.

Offline slim

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 65 kg
  • Weight: 1.70 cm
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 03:43:23 PM »
Bonjour Karso welcome to the forum and have fun mon ami ^_^
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:08:21 PM by slim »
  • Avatar by: Made by the one and only leslax <3
"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 05:11:33 PM »
Well, I work in a hospital but in an administrative role rather than a clinical one.  I left my old job to go to uni as a mature age student and did double majors in philosophy and psychology, though I'm not currently studying i do want to do post graduate work when I can afford to.  But really I just love science and knowledge for their own sake I guess.

I love reading popular science books and I'm sure many of my favourite authors would have been translated into French.  But for actual detail I tend to read articles published in peer reviewed journals which I think are not routinely translated, but do have equivalents in various countries.

Knowing what to read is such a dilemma!  I can't tell you how often I've read something and wished I'd read it before something else for context XD

That's one strength of Stephen J Gould, he has a series of books which are just compiled essays that cover lots of topics and give you a taster to read more.  Though maybe Carl Sagan was the master of that...

I guess it depends on what ideas you have already be exposed to and which one make you want to know more!  So many books, so little time.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:42:17 AM »
Bonjour, Seiden :D
Bienvenue dans ces The Furry Forums!  (I believe that is how you write that? x) )
I know a little bit of French (had to study it at school for 3 years XD). I forgot most of my French, but enough to uhm... show off? :P

Anyways, once again welcome!

If I may ask: Your last name doesn't seem French, where does it come from? (I mean, besides your parents xD)

And about these forums: No need to worry about all that sexual stuff or yiff. This site is very clean and safe/friendly. It's a rather open community too. So if you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to either message me or partake in various topics and boards we have here on these forums (I saw you've been already quite busy :P).

We have an Art board and a Photography board, since you seem to most interested in those topics ;D
We also have a Writing board if you want to post your stories about your worlds there, but if you want to RP any of your ideas, we also have a RolePlaying board.

I think you'll fit right in here, so no worries! And you don't have to tell us any thing that makes you feel uncomfortable, either.

Considering you're interested also in psychology, and I see Trixsie dropped a name I happen to know about... Have you ever read Stephen J. Gould's book: The Mismeasurement Of Man?
If not, give it a read! ;)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter