The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 892 times)

Offline Jari

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Red fur mainly, Black hair
  • Height: 5"8"
  • Weight: 170 pounds.
  • Build: Strong build, very muscular.
  • Currently: Feeling shy and introverted
Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 05:10:39 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to the furry community so it is quite overwhelming to get my head around at the start, My furry character is a wolf, who has a blue/green mane and he also has blue eyes. I haven't finished my 'fursona' yet however still working on it. I am not sure if i will stay around, as I hardly can draw at all! I have a mild form of dyspraxia which makes drawing quite difficult for me. Does not being able to draw mean that i can't be a member of the furry community.
Does anyone have any advice on getting started? To be honest i don't think i described my character completely, it's hard to know what to write about!
(Haven't decided my character's name yet)
I'm 15 years old btw :)  (Not sure if i'm too young or not lol)

Nah, you're just fine. You're a furry if you think it fits you. You don't have to be able to draw, you don't have to be over 18, you don't even need a picture of your fursone to be part of the fandom. And though the vast majority of the furries have a fursona, some furries don't even have that. If you want to have your character drawn, you can comission an artist or search for someone who is taking requests.
You can start wherever you want. There's the art, roleplay, stories, et cetera. And of course there's random goodness or just making friends as well. Take a look around, the furry fandom is full with nice stuff.
Oh, and nice to meet you. I hope I'll see you around.
Thanks Michen for the welcome, nice to meet you too! I am a bit shy so you might not see me around at first, but hopefully you'll see me soon ^_^