The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello, I'm Emily!  (Read 801 times)

Offline MochiBunny

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
Hello, I'm Emily!
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
Hi! I'm new here, and new to furry stuff in general! I'm not even sure if I am a furry yet, or if I just like hanging out with furries... is that allowed? I really just want to make friends and have a fun place to chat. I like to wear cat and bunny ear headbands and tails, and my friends say I act like a lapcat cause J always cuddle and lay on their laps so they can pet my back lol.

I'm not sure how to describe myself, I'm 13, a girl, kind of shy but I'm really nice, and I like everything lol. I love learning and experiencing new things, and playing all sorts of games.

I have a question about avatars, I'm not good at art or anything, would it be weird if I put a picture of myself? Or should I only put a furry picture or maybe just a real picture of a rabbit?

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: Hello, I'm Emily!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »
Hi there Emily! You can hang out with us even if you're not a furry yourself, so welcome to the forum! I hope you have plenty of fun here!
About the avatar, it's up to you if you want your own picture there, just be ready for getting called cute a lot a normal bunny photo would work too, your choice. If you have any other questions feel free to send me or anyone else you see around a message, happy to help any time :) see you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »
Welcome to the Forums, Emily! ^_^    Hope you have a nice time

Cheers
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline slim

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • ^^
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 65 kg
  • Weight: 1.70 cm
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 04:57:25 PM »
Hey Emily welcome to the forum and have fun  ^_^ .
  • Avatar by: Made by the one and only leslax <3
"The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 09:05:02 PM »
hey Emily,

Welcome to TFF!
Being a furry is something you can chose to be if you want, nothing saying you can't join here and not be a furry either :P
So either way, welcome for as long as you want to stay, and I hope that you make lots of new friends in the process.

In regards to the avatars, we would like it if you could use either your own art or art that you have permission to use. Art theft is a big thing in the furry fandom, so we try to fight it where we can ^^;
You can post a picture of yourself as an avatar if you're okay with that, but otherwise it's always possible to look for some free to use artwork, or even request some artwork to be made for you.

Please feel free to send either myself or any other member of staff a PM if you have any questions :)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 12:01:03 AM »
Welcome, Emily.  That is totally not allowed to hang with furries if you are not a furry.  And by that I mean I am just teasing and it is totally okay to hang with the cool crowd.  ^_^

As for your avatar, many use their own art.  Others use art from others (With permission and recognition of course).  And others use pictures of objects or things that have nothing to do with furries.  So the choice is up to you.
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket