The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Into the Depths of the Utter Abyss  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Nicholai

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: European Fox
  • Coloring: Regular Fox Coloring
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 167
  • Build: Thin, slight
Into the Depths of the Utter Abyss
« on: March 16, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »
"What Dwells within the far reaches of the dark, what creatures plot their eventual return?
What shall Earth, the blue jewel in a sea of ever expanding dark, do if these forces do escape?"
Quote, Professor Emund Roijk on the discovery of ancient portals within caves in rural India.

Earth, in all its vastness and Mysteria, is a waypoint, between two plains of existence and reality, An awareness that has yet to grasp the inhabitants of this ever awake planet.

Few people living know of the dangers of the unknown, and those that do are wary of the telltale signs of what they know as, "Strange Times."

"Reality is merely a Ruse, a sedative for the masses, in all actuality, what we consider fantasy is just another side of a never ceasing spiral that leads into ultimate possibilities ranging from a difference in a meal choice to the change in a world event such as the assassination of Lincoln, or the bombing of Hiroshima."
Quote, Director of Physical and Nega-reality studies Dr. Bryce Culrick of the University of Southern California.

"that is my opening, just a few statements that give a feel of what the story is about, hinting at the contents and type, I'll post more as I progress in my idea."
If I die, Too young, I will rest on a mountain of the things that I've Done, now theres no sence dwelling on it, can you tell me what we're dying for?

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Into the Depths of the Utter Abyss
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
Very good. I like it, Nicholai
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Nicholai

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:40:56 AM »
Thanks  :th_Pyong-1:

Im going for a kinda....Condemned feel
If I die, Too young, I will rest on a mountain of the things that I've Done, now theres no sence dwelling on it, can you tell me what we're dying for?

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:23:36 PM »
You've got smoethnig near to those lines. Keep it up! XD
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Nicholai

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »
"A dozen eyes, all fixed on me, in an instantaneous moment of desparation and determination, a thousand heads all turning to see what the world would look like tomorrow, a million hands reaching out for mercy, a Billion souls hanging in the balance, all this, and people wonder why I withdrew." The professor at the front of the hall put down a small book he had in his hands, removing his reading glasses and addressing the class, "Mr. Nikita Krushchev on hi decision to withdraw Nuclear Missiles from the Cuban Islands." Omar scratched lazily at his neck, wondering when the class would let out. The Nega-Reality studies class was by far the easiest class at USC, the professor bombarded them with a million possibilities of a single historic event, sometimes wasting several weeks on one event, then having everyone simply write a paper on an outcome and it's situations. Dr. Culrik moved around his lecture table and leaned back on it, motioning to a large poster of the World on an opposite wall, "Had the Russian Premier not removed those missles, the United States would have possibly launched a preemptive strike on the USSR, thereby leading to a Soviet retaliation on the US' allies and the US mainland itself." He stood up and quickly rushed over to the board, "Or, The US could have invaded the Cuban Isles and forcibly capture and destroy the missile sites and missiles themselves, or the missiles could have been fired into the heartland of the US, wiping out the Breadbasket, again leading to a US retaliation on the Russian homeland, and with the destruction of that breadbasket the ensuing Nuclear winter would have devastated agricutlure, starving billions, and even more would die from the radiation clouds spreading over the continents." Omar raised his paw, his right ear limp from disintrest. "Yes Mr. Omar?" "Sir, I thought that the US would only launch strikes against Russia, not an Island so close to the US coast." "while that is true, President Kennedy would have wanted to eliminate any chance of the Russians launching their missles in desperation of an invasion of the islands." Omar shrugged and laid his head back onto his arms, eyes falling shut. "Well Class, unfortunately we have run out of time to push into this subject further, however in the past 5 days we have successfully covered the politics and climate of the times, so I would hope that you have an understanding of the numerous possibilities of this single Crisis, your assignment will be to write a paper on a situation of your choosing, and your concoction, now keep it within the realm of possibility, I dont want another paper giving the possibility of Aliens from Mars forcing the superpowers to create world peace." A light chuckle rose from the crowd, with one of the students standing up proudly, then being quickly bombarded by crumpled up papers and pencils. The Professor smiled and checked his watch, "Good day class."
Omar yawned loudly as he walked through the main gates, searching for his car in the jumble of compacts and trucks littering the parking lot. "Omiiii!" Omar felt a slight punch on his back, and he quickly overreacted, letting out a loud growl, "My Spleen!" Omar Brushed one of his long ears out of his eyes, smiling at the human shaking his head. Ricky stood about Omar's height, with broader shoulders and a slightly more build body. Ricky wrapped his arm around Omar's neck, playfully biting one of his ears, "so Omi, what we up to tonight?" Omar rolled his eyes  and started walking while still in Ricky's grasp, "nothing tonight dude, I need to finish up some work for my Buisness management class."

[im kinda in a bind, I'll post more in a sec."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »
Woman are the root of all evil, we must realize that. And it's way awesome. XD
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Nicholai

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 03:21:16 AM »
Keeping his head almost burried into his shoulders, Omar walked silently in the darkness leading into the Occult reference library, making sure no one noticed. The Library had a large selection of books, none of which were really covered in any of his classes, but nonetheless held certain intrests for him. The librarian, a gothic lolitta looking girl, waved at him, her pale fur color gave off an erie glow. "I see your back Mr. Maltest, Did the contents of The Psychiatrist's guide to Halucinations, Dreams and Nightmares strike you as boring?" "Not so much boring as waaay too easy to read." The Girl behind the front desk smiled, her lips pursing to make the bright purple lipstick radiate, "Tell me if you need anything sunny boy." Omar waved his hand over his shoulder as he walked towards the sections marked "Mental Interpritations." and "Government Cult listings and designation." He skimmed his eyes over one of the shelves, taking paticular intrest in a thick, aging book labled.............

[Im having a computer problem, will finish soon]