The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favourite way to have your coffee?  (Read 16 times)

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
Favourite way to have your coffee?
« on: 58 minutes ago »
In the United Kingdom, it's very common to have freeze-dried instant coffee every morning.. For the past two years, we've been drinking exclusively french-press ground coffee; we're still learning the ins and outs of it all (and we'd love to try a moka pot! My partner, my bear, is Spanish, so they've waxed lyrical, but also made me scared of the bloody thing!)
When I had still lived with my parents (moons ago now...) they had used to buy fresh beans and grind them themselves to put into the french-press... Delicious! Of course, this was so long ago, that it was my Secondary School's own brand of beans that we called 'fairer than fairtrade' - I went to a Business & Enterprise private school  XD XD XD it had a fox mascot, and all! But it was great.

I'm sipping a new blend I've bought called 'Hot Magma' (!!!) which is super-strong, and coats the mouth - but it's absolutely delicious.

My bear went to Greece on a business trip (swanky!) and came back telling me of this thing which they do with instant coffee, blending it until it is frothy... It's strong, but it's very good - I had been dragged right into a Greek coffee shop that exists here, to try it myself!  XD I absolutey recommend it if you like strong and bitter drinks with interesting textures - I'm sure you could find it at most Greek restaurants! I've seen it called 'Greek Coffee', 'Whipped Coffee', and 'Dalgona' -- but I'm sure if you asked, they'd point you to the right one  ^_^

So I want to know... What is your preferred way to prepare coffee? What tools do you use, do you have any suggestions for me to up my game, or do you want to fight in the corner of instant coffee? Let me know your thoughts~

ZARA-RA!!