The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Small rant for small problem.  (Read 582 times)

Offline Sync

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Lurking
    • Awards
Small rant for small problem.
« on: November 24, 2009, 07:17:31 AM »
So I'm a major prankster at my school. I have a well known history of coming up with ridiculous costumes to cause a scene with and generate some lulz. I guess you could say I'm kind of popular at my school. It's not a bad life - really fun, actually. Anyways, I had one of my best buddies over this weekend and decided to test the fursuit waters. I said something like, "So, I'm thinking about getting a fursuit - just to mess with people". Wow, you wouldn't believe what a conversation stopper that was. I know that I should be able to come out to my best bud, but after covering up for that pothole, I decided against it. For now, anyways...

I really want to get full-bore into this - but I'm a wuss, to be blatant. I know my buddies - they're all good people. But they are ALL very weak when it comes to holding their own. Most of them are sheeple to the opinions of society, and wouldn't dare to oppose the popular vote. I know their opinions of furries too, and it's bad to the extreme. I get the feeling I know what would happen if I told them all, and I'd prefer to avoid being ostracized.

I know it's hypocritical to call my friends sheeple when I can't even work up the nerve to express MYSELF, but these guys have been my friends for 8 years or more - I'm just afraid of losing them. Funny that the guy that walks around in a hotdog suit or surfs down stairways can't work up the nerve to sport a tail to school, huh?

I might just have to force myself to strap on a tail and unwillingly come out. We'll see how it goes. I may just keep to myself 'till college - again, we'll see.

I'm just letting off a little steam - I'm kinda pissed at myself, that's all. It's not that big of a deal, just a thorn in my side I wanted to pluck out. It's always nice to talk to people that at least know where you're coming from. Thanks, rant forum!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:19:33 AM by Sync »

Steam: Boozel  /// XBox GTag: Boozell          
Add me for good times!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: Small rant for small problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 04:50:56 AM »
Noes! You must tell them. Everybody here must know my views on this already, but...

If your "friends" can't take you being a fur, then they're not really your friends.
Friends stick with you no matter what, and if they don't like your lifestyle choice, then maybe its best to leave it there.
I mean, if I were friends with a guy for 8 years and they came out as something, then I wouldn't think much of it. He's still the same person.

I guess I think like that because I'm used to being alone, and can take, and even thrive in solitude. These past few years are the first years that I learned to be myself, and I wish I'd learned all this before.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 05:19:42 AM »
Shado is right basically.

I have to say that people are stupid. Simple as that.
People put down what they don't understand. It's always been that way.

But as for something from me that might help you...
Maybe you're afraid of coming out as a furry because it's not you joking around, whereas everything else you do is a joke since you're a prankster. A lot of the time it's harder to be yourself than to joke around and be something you're not.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 06:21:02 PM »
yeah. part of the reason that my friends understand what i am  is because they have MUCH MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH worse (dont even think to ask. i shudder to think about it myself.)
but i accept them and they accept me, but it does put us kinda on the lower end of society being that my school, the Axemen, is extremely athletic.
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Mathais

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • DeviantArt ala LonelyKat
    • Awards
  • Species: Felidae (Feline)
  • Coloring: (Creamy)White, (Brownish)Orange see Bengal/Golden Tiger
  • Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Blocky Build
  • Currently: Comme ci comme ca...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 02:27:24 AM »
Coming out is a very delicate process. Although i agree with everyone else here a full 100% i have to say that if you are not ready, then don't come out. I have a friend who is gay, and once at his old school, he came out which killed him b/c he said that he came out way to early and couldn't support himself as a gay so it completely destroyed himself. So don't force yourself to come out, only do it when you feel is right.
<ExplosiveNewToxin>

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

FoXTAlL

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 03:39:42 AM »
I too am a big school-time joker (I spent last tuesday sliping down the halls on banana peels and setting up fake hand injuries). I think you should just go for it. I wore a tail to school and got good and bad responses(mostly good, alot of girls thought it was cute and wanted to pet it). About your friends, don't worry, if they really care about you they will be your friend(no matter what they say). Pretty much just say, ''Hey! This is who I am if you don't like it, fine by me! But remember, I'm the same friend I was before, and I always will be.''

Hope I didn't give you some crap advice but thats my philosophy in a nut-shell.

Good luck to ya,
          Fox Tail

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 05:19:13 PM »
i used to have sheeple friends, but then i realised that they're a bunch of idiots. I then found all the outcasts who were also idiots, but idiots i could be myself with, since were being themselves too, and they're pretty messed up. They're weak people but in a good way, cus then I can be the strongest personality, except for one of them who is just totally stubborn. Either way, i havent told them i'm a furry but it's never really come up. They probably just think i'm a furry sympathiser. Either way, they dont care.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline userstupidname

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panthera tigris
  • Coloring: darkish yellow with black spots
  • Weight: *blush*
  • Build: oh cman
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:59:14 PM »
Its exactly as how i feel. I usually don't prank around but i have a role with my friends. But i am stamped as the funny guy and gets to be the center of attention for no real reason so i have to act like that guy even when many times i don't want to be that guy. I see a lot of my friends do this as well where they act one way in school but on the internet with no one really judging you, they are all showing their real personalities. We're all different among our peers, even if it is subconsciously in some way.

I am currently just rolling with it as it is not really hurting me in anyway.. but sometimes i just want to deal with it, but why anger friends whit no other reason then principalities  :(
ahh

Offline Mathais

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • DeviantArt ala LonelyKat
    • Awards
  • Species: Felidae (Feline)
  • Coloring: (Creamy)White, (Brownish)Orange see Bengal/Golden Tiger
  • Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Blocky Build
  • Currently: Comme ci comme ca...
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »
See thats the exact same problem I have ...  :'(
<ExplosiveNewToxin>

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!