The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Kin Chronicles: The Black Kat  (Read 15551 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Kin Chronicles: The Black Kat
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 02:05:26 AM »
Chapter 4: Fear and the Birth of Chaos.

The Magic Academy of Gaia stood high and firm above a single peak at the edge of the northern ocean. It was located on the northern edge of Terra, the border of Levardia and Karasia running down the middle. The institution was comprised of a large building, with the top populated with a cluster of towers, with the main center tower reaching two kilometers above the ground. It was surrounded by a small courtyard with walls over 500 meters tall, as well as a large wind barrier encasing the Academy. The only entrance was a gate on the southern portion of the wall which was heavily guarded by private soldiers of rabbit-Kin Guardian Carina Gallant, led by her son, Kyzen Gallant.

All the soldiers placed their hands on their weapons cautiously as Carina's carriage rolled towards the barrier. Kyzen inspected the emblem on the side of the carriage and clapped his hands and made an opening in the barrier for the carriage to pass through, closing it behind them. As the carriage drew closer, they all cautiously circled it, seeing it covered with Seal Runes. Kyzen removed the Rune on the door and opened it carefully, and found her mother slowly emerging from inside and embraced him. Kyzen returned the embrace but remained as stern faced as his mother. "Welcome back, mother. Might I inquire about the Seals on your carriage?" Carina scoffed, "Ye needn't mention this, child. We have new students now, from Emperor Zhukov's Seal Dungeons. The Magi Sisters shall be under mine supervision. If thou shalt excuse me, I shall terry to mine office."

Kyzen nodded and signaled the driver, "Bring them around to Professor Lazarus in the back steeple, he will be expecting them." As the carriage moved onto the courtyard, Kyzen mumbled to himself. "He should be delighted to have new students." The carriage proceeded to roll through the courtyard towards the rear steeple behind the towers. Passing students snickered and whispered amongst each other as they pointed at the Seals on the carriage. Some of the younger students giggled, "I wonder who pissed off Directer Gallant, to be Sealed into her carriage." Others laughed to each other, "Looks like Prof. Lazarus is finally getting some students who have to guts to go through his whole class. I heard if you manage to pass his class, you are guaranteed to multiply your magic ability by over ten fold, but I also heard that some students have died in that class."

The Sisters shuddered as the carriage finally stopped. They heard the driver get off and leave the steeple. The doors creaked eerily as they slowly closed and a pad lock was heard closing around it. Fear struck them as the door opened on its own accord. It was dark with only very few streams of light showing through dirty windows. A large voice beckoned them out, "Step forth young ones." A small stream of light that resembled lightning flashed into the carriage and shatter their shackles and all the Seals on the carriage. "Please, come forth." The Sisters cautiously stepped out and there, standing in front of them, was a tall, shadowy figure. He was dressed in a large, black cloak, though it didn't really hide his cut physique. A black wolf's muzzle was barely visible in the in the small bits of light. His bangs showed a bright red, almost as bright as his shimmering, red eyes.

he removed his hood, revealing his full face and his long hair, and a single, slightly elongated fang on his right. He smiled gently and bowed, making the Sisters jump back in fright as he did. He calmly greeted them "I am Professor Chronin Lazarus of The Magic Academy of Gaia. I am the top professor of this institue, and I will be sure to teach you to the best of my ability. It is my pleasure to meet you, Magi Sisters. I have prepared a... special lesson plan for you" Nimali shook violently at hearing this and began to scream, "NO!" She stomped the ground and spikes shot up from all around Chronin, aiming for him. Before they touched him, the spikes shattered into powder and left a small, circular mound of dust around him. Panicking, Shasta slammed her palms to the ground and created a mud pool at Chronin's feet as Aviana thrashed both her arms, creating waves of sonic booms. The sonic booms burst before contact and flung all the mud away.

*                 *                       *                    *                        *

Carina sat quietly at her desk in the highest room of the central tower. The room was nothing special. I t was circular and only contained a coat rack, Carina's desk and mountains of papers. She watched a fist-sized crystal ball on her desk, which showed the Sisters fighting Chronin. She smirked devilishly and murmured, "Ye children are very unwise to challenge Chronin. He is the only one in Gaia who is mine equal in magic. Shadow/Light Mage Chronin Lazarus is my best teacher. Of all his 2,000 students, not one has ever passed his course."

*                 *                     *                    *                     *

Zhukov sweat profusely out in the training grounds. It was close to high moon, and there had been an unending number of assassins for the last several minutes. Blood dripped from the tip of his swords as he stood back-to-back with Alister. Zhukov threw the broadsword in his left hand, and ran for the closest assailant. The sword he threw ran straight through one assassin's face almost at the same time he cut his claymore through another. He grabbed the broadsword before the body fell and swung around in time to block a war hammer with his claymore and stab his broadsword into their heart. Before Zhukov could react, an assassin came down on him with a scimitar. As the assassin was about to land a blow, a series of blades wrapped around his neck and threw him sideways onto the ground. Alister stood over the assassin, and with one tug, retracted the blade and removed the assassin's head. With two thrusts he extended the sword into two others' hearts.

Loud screams came from the east tower. Zhukov and Alister looked at each other and ran towards it. At the bottom corridor of that tower, Barak and Bahamut were struggling with even more assassins. With a powerful swing, Alister managed to wrap the end of the elongated blade around the farthest enemy's head and ran to the right, swinging the sword to wrap around more enemies' necks and removed their heads with one pull. Zhukov tackled and sliced his way through the left flank. Those who didn't get cut in half had their heads crushed under Zhukov's feet after being tackled over. Barak rushed the confused enemies near Alister and cut them all clean through the waist. Bahamut skewered the rest around Zhukov with his lance like a kabob. He dropped the lance anddrew his broadsword. "They're after the princess! More than sixty assassins passed upstairs!"

Zhukov and the Knights rushed up the stairs passing dead bodies of servants and fallen guards. Zhukov's voice grew with concern, "We must hurry!" By the time they reached the top corridor, they found themselves staring in shock. Before them, was sixty-eight dead bodies in a pool of blood. At the end of the corridor, a single enemy walked slowly out of the princess's room. He looked over at the emperor and the Knights and vomited blood into the existing pool and fell with a splash, two sai stuck in his back. A foot stuck out of the door and stepped onto the dead body. Vee Uzima came out and plucked the sai from her victim's lungs. She turned to them with an almost blanks stare. Her face was void of emotion, her eyes cold as ice. Blotches of blood were all over her breastplate and some on her face. It seemed like she enjoyed the kill, reveled in it. It sent a dark chill down Zhukov and the Knights' backs. Zhukov tied to say something, but she spoke before he could. "The princess is safe, Your Majesty." She bowed and sauntered slowly to the stairs across the top of the bodies and left the castle.

*                         *              *                     *                   *

Red opened his eyes wearily, his head spinning and pounding. He heard faint voices which were, at first, barely audible. As the voices got louder and his vision cleared up. He finally remembered where he was, the dungeon in his own father's castle. Two nights ago, he had made another round to Linkshire for that month. However, when he got back, his father, Emperor Kratos Sky, was waiting for him in Red's room. Shortly after, he was sent to the dungeon, disarmed, stripped and chained to the dungeon wall for treason. He had been torutred for a whole day, until he passed out Now, he was waking up and regaining consciousness. He felt blood between almost all his feathers and his wings were sore from being clamped tight behind his back for so long.

He ould hear the frantic voice of a messenger, "... mission had failed! All three hundred of our assassins are dead! Levardia's going to know it was us and..." Kratos drew his saber and stabbed the messenger and looked over to the dungeon master. "Clean this up." Kratos had been acting very odd, as of late. He increased patrols all around Lodis, suspecting an invasion from Levardia and even thought his own son was planning a coup d'état against him. Kratos looked over at Red and noticed him awake. He grabbed a knife and walked over, with murder in his eyes.

*                   *                *                  *                      *

Two hundred soldiers laid in pain on the outskirts of Linkshire. Ling and Kagato stood at the village's gate, weapons in hand and surveyed the area for any soldiers that still needed to be disabled. Kagato and Ling walked over to the two battalion captains, seeing no others wanted to fight, and Ling picked the both of them up by their necks. Kagato cleared his throat and talked calmly. "So, do you still wish to fight us?" Gasping for air and writhing in pain, the captains shook their heads furiously. "Good. Honey, let the men go." Ling dropped them and they screamed as they hit the ground and coughed for air. Kagato kneeled beside the captains and smiled at them, cracking his knuckles. "Now, I wish to have a little discussion with you gentlemen..."

Ulric Kalmetta and his men slowly closed in on a single bandit. On their way back to protect the castle, Ulric's battalion had been ambushed by bandits and nearly lost twenty men. They slowly turned the battle around and managed to kill a few before the rest ran away. Now, there was a hawk-Kin left, but there was a problem, she had a hostage. Jay Kaelin begged for his life as he was being dragged away with a dagger at his neck. The hawk yelled at the closing soldiers. "If you don't this one to die, let me go. And I promise his release. If you don't, I'll gut him as my last feast! Now lower your weapons!" Jay just continued to cry, begging the men to do what she said so he could live. Finally giving in, Ulric and his soldiers sheathed their weapons, lowered their bows and spears. The bandit took flight and grabbed Jay as she lifted off, and Jay screamed more. Ulric yelled after them. "You said you would release him!" The hawk looked back as she flew on. "Insurance!" and disappeared into the dark night.

When they were out of sight, Jay stopped crying, wiped his face and patted the hawk's legs. "Good job, Iris. That should have fooled them. I'm sure the attack has bought enough time for our men to raid the Royal Treasury and get out without being seen." The hawk looked down to him. "We've waited long for your return, my liege. The guild has been plagued with unrest and worry for your well-being. You are truly the King of Thieves to have planned such a heist." Jay smirked and held up a hand. "I merely fulfilled my duty as the leader of our Thief Guild. As for the raid, we have to thank Kratos' men for their attack on the palace and our brave men who stalled Ulric's men from getting back. And let's not forget our inside man. Without him, such an operation would not have been possible. Soon, thieves shall once again rise from the shadows." He laughed maniacally as they flew back to their hideout.

Zhukov sat beside his daughter, who was crying uncontrollably, when there was a knock on the door. Zhukov motioned for Bahamut to check the door. Bahamut bowed and opened the door cautiously, his hand on his sword. He turned to the emperor and bowed. "It is Lord Thymund, Your Majesty." Zhukov nodded and Bahamut opened the door all the way. "The emperor welcomes you in, Lord Thymund." Governor Anthony Thymund walked slowly into the room and bowed to Zhukov. He was a large panda-Kin who stood just over two meters tall. He wore a red and black robe, his large belly noticeable despite how loose his robes were. Were he female, one would have mistaken him to be pregnant. He was known for having a robe for every occasion and wearing at least two at a time to keep warm. He worked as the governor of Polgram, at Zhukov's right hand, and was also his closest friend. He was most know for his partying, drinking and lust for women. However, his ability to lead his city and protect it was equally known.

Zhukov smiled a little and welcomed him. "Ah, Anthony, my old friend. It brings peace to my heart to know that you are still alive." Anthony walked up and knelt before Zhukov. "Your Majesty, I bring grave news. Bandits have raided most of the treasury, we fear there is a spy among our ranks. And... and..." Color left Zhukov's face and was replaced with anger and impatience. "And what, Anthony!? And WHAT!?" The large governor swallowed hard and sweat as he continued. "W-we' found out where the assassins came from. One of t-them bore the Lodisian ins-signia. They're Emperor Kratos' personal men."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:51:40 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 09:19:56 PM »
 :o
Dang, you made it sound like I'm gonna execute them....cool :D

um, I'm wondering, I don't see them in the roster, so I have no idea who Ling and Kagato are....

beyond that, I like how red is going to get ganked, the coup d'état , and eventual spiral of chaos going on around the characters (bandit ambush ftw) :P
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:38 AM »
*Is still entranced by Vee Uzima* :o... Best character ever >D
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 03:12:24 AM »
Chrono, the Prologue said that Ling and Kagato were the Tiger and Wolf Kin-Guardians (respectfully), and part of the original Four, Shinzuu is their son (hence him being the only hybrid).

White...
You know it. B)

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 09:43:40 AM »
May I just say... Jay = epic win?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »
I have barely even started unraveling the tip of the web.

Offline Soryu/Miayuki Isumi

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Avi thanks to the lovely Silnat at furaffinity.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raichu
  • Coloring: Yellow
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 160lb
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 11:56:55 PM »
No one knows bout Koara yet =X
My dear there is no danger
Can't you see they turn blind eyes
To we swift and spotlight strangers?
Oh before the rush is over
We will be revered again
While the victims still recover
Oh,
Are we running toward death?
I have met him times before
He adores us like the rest
Oh even if we're discovered
Just be sure to wear your best
We will surely make the covers

I am a Hermaphrodite and proud of it!

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 02:59:17 AM »
Chapter 5: Enter The Emperors and The Council

Zhukov sat grim-faced at his seat as Zhael and Evey entered the small room. Zhael Fall was the Karasian Emperor, he was a tall but well built black wolf. Aside from his left eye being green and his right eye blue, he's known for being slack and carefree, but not stupid. Out of the four emperors, his personal army is the strongest and the biggest, numbering over 200 men. He's strict on rules and peace, but sovereignty is something he has never extended to anyone. In his eyes, a crime is a crime, and death to those who commit them. He always believes in smiling and speaking softly while carrying a 250 kilo war hammer that glistened gold, with a large spike on each of its four sides and top. Zhael unstrapped his large weapon from his back and leaned it gently against the wall. Then he jumped into his seat, causing it to lean back, turned it on one of its legs, and propped his feet onto the table crossed as he folded his arms. "So what's up?"

Every, on the other hand, walked to her seat more gracefully. She was the Empress of Vorona. She was a white minx with long, golden hair. Her beauty was the only other, besides Carina's to be sought by men of all kinds. However, like Carina, her beauty is only outclassed by her ability to fight. Evey's strength was something to be reckoned with alongside her ability to use the Voronese straight-blade. She unchained her sword from her sash and leaned it against the table as she sat down. "Why have you summoned us to your kingdom?"

Zhukov waved a hand and Carina and Iridian emerged from the shadows. "Let me first, thank you for answering my call on such short notice. Four days ago, my palace was attacked by Kratos' personal army and they had attempted to attack my daughter and myself. Many servants and guards have lost their lives in the exchange and more than half of my treasury had been raided. According to Commandant Kalmetta, it's possible that Kratos has been working alongside bandits because he and his men were ambushed on their way back by bandits,the timing was too perfect. I have invited the Guardian Council to join us as per procedure to declare war against Kratos."

Evey looked around the room, then back at Zhukov. "To my knowledge, there are five Guardians in the Council. I only see two." Zhael laughed, "You really don't pay attention or listen to announcements, do you? When the Council reformed after Sir Katame and Sir Pai were replaced, they decided to have five instead of four in the Council based on combat abilities. The five were Carina the rabbit, Iridian the human, Golge the chameleon, Gight the bat and Koara Uzima, Sir Katame's successor. They are all here. Golge's behind Kratos' usual seat, Koara's standing behind me and Gight's right above the chandelier."

A sigh came from behind the empty seat, "Not too bad, Your Majesty, Zhael. You are indeed a veteraned soldier. It's no wonder Koara decided to have you as the father of her only child." A kunai flew from behind Zhael and hit the wall behind the chair. A small line of blood became visible in mid-air and then disappeared as Golge wiped it off. A chuckle came from above, "Alright, chaps, we can bicker later, let us stay on the issue at hand." Iridian walked up to the table and placed a small bag onto the table. It opened as he let go and armor badges spilled out, and Evey looked in disbelief at them. "These belong to the Lodisian Army, and from the crescent on them, Kratos' personal elites."

Zhael scoffed, "Thank you, Empress Obvious. Looks like it's unanimous there, Zhukov. What's next?" Carina stepped up and placed three wooden talismans onto the table. "One of mine spies is infiltrating Kratos' kingdom right now. If the eagle talisman burneth, it is Kratos himself who hath lost himself. If the lion talisman burneth, it be his palace, army himself that hath been corrupted. If the bear, the whole country itself needeth purging. Should the bear talisman burneth, your war shalt be approved. If not, a coup d'état shalt be arranged and a possible small invasion if the lion burneth. But for the meantime, we wait. My spy's time limit is almost up."

The eight of them waited in the room, keeping an eye on the talismans.

*                         *                       *                            *

Shinzuu yawned as he relaxed for the first time in a week after they crossed the mountain pass into Polgrams' border. The carriage stopped just outside the city gate and the driver hopped out and unstrapped the trunk from the back. The top cover flung open and Shinzuu and Jack Stepped out. Jack tossed a silver coin to the driver. "Keep the change." The driver thanked them happily before jumping back on the carriage and entered the city. The two of them walked through the market, Jack checking for fresh vegetables to eat. Shinzuu's mouth watered as his nose caut the scent of a freshly slaughtered calf. He followed the scent to a small meat stand. The man inside was a lion-Kin, he stood fairly short and his mane was tied back and wrapped in a bandanna. Shinzuu dropped two Guilders onto the table and looked the butcher in the eyes. The old lion smirked, "You gotta good nose ther', young'n. Give me a minute."

Jack sighed and shook his head as Shinzuu emerged from the market with a large duffel sack on his shoulders. "I guess we're going to Heaven's Riches, then?" They continued down the road until they got to the large, familiar and popular tavern/inn. As soon as they entered, Epoch near tackled them over. "Guys! Where have you been!? The castle was attacked four days ago! Sir Bahamut came by this morning and dropped this off." Epoch handed Shinzuu an envelope and he turned it over, Emperor Zhukov's wax seal. Jack and Epoch walked over to their usual table as Shinzuu dropped off his meat and Jack's vegetables to Maury and sat at the table. No sooner did he sit down, two arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

Sheri cried a waterfall onto his head as she crushed his head against her bosom. "Wah! Shinny! I've been lonely!" Shinzuu choked out, "Sh-Sheri! I was only gone a week. I've been on missions longer than a month and you weren't like this. What is it?" She collapsed onto her knees, hugged his leg and dug her face into his thigh. "It's my brother and dad! They're dead! They died protecting the princess!" Shinzuu heart dropped and placed a hand on top of her head, feeling bad about his ignorance.

After they calmed Sheri down and she receded back into the kitchen, their food came out and they looked at the envelope as they ate their lunches. Shinzuu had barely started when he picked up the envelope and removed the seal. He pulled out and unfolded the parchment inside as he took a large bite out of his first giant steak, some juice and blood running out of it. After he finished reading, he stopped chewing and swallowed the rest loudly. Epoch and Jack looked up from their food. Almost in unison, "What is it?" Shinzuu lowered the parchment and put his steak on top of the others and, his face pale, stared at them grimly. In a barely audible voice, "W-we've been assigned to carry out a coup d'état for Emperor Zhukov... on Red's old man. We're to join them in the Emperor Chamber Room. If we refuse, he'll revoke his sovereignty over us." They all became somber and ate in silence.

The eight people in the Chamber Room sighed in relief as the talismans began to shake, finally a result after two hours, the eagle burned. Carina picked up the other two talismans and nodded. "Very well. Thine declarations hath been declined. We shalt send Golge and Ko..." Zhukov lifted a hand to stop her. "With all due respect, honored Guardians, I think Kratos should be handled with more than a mere coup d'état. I have something else in store for him. I have enlisted the help of Young Shinzuu Katame and his party and..." Carina slammed her fists hard on the table as Zhael stood up and did the same. "No! I shan't be having that cretin running around freely!" Zhael added, "I agree! That arrogant little brat of a criminal shouldn't be trusted with such an important task! He'll try to take the throne for himself, or even form an alliance with Kratos and come back for our heads! It'd be impossible for him to kill ME, but it'll just create more complications and possibly give Kratos an edge! Evey, back me up here!"

Evey sighed, "I will trust Zhukov's decision in this matter. His history has proven this. And besides, I have some plans of my own for the one who would dare try to hurt my cute little goddaughter." Zhael protested, "But... !" Zhukov stopped him with a wave of his hand. "It's a majority vote. You no longer have a say, now." Iridian, his face completely strewn in disgust at the mention of Shinzuu's name, placed a hand onto Zhael's shoulder to calm him down. "Unfortunately, His Majesty Zhukov is right. Not even we Guardians can have a say in this. Trust me, I don't like this anymore than you do, none of us Guardians do." A voice came out from behind Zhukov, "Well, I'm so glad that none of you have changed over these last few years." Everyone but Zhukov searched the room in surprise of the new voice. Shinzuu appeared at Zhukov's right hand. In an instant, Shinzuu found blades of every kind pointed at him. Iridian, his claymores crossed around Shinzuu's neck, and his eyes flared with rage, yelled, "How long have you been here!?"

Zhukov slammed the table, "That's enough! You will all withdraw your weapons now! This is MY kingdom still, and he is still under MY sovereignty! And for everyone's information, he has been here since before the rest of you with me." Gight sighed, "Which is why he can't be trusted. He has reached a level where not even us, The Council, can sense him. I'm a bat, I see this room as if it were broad daylight and I couldn't see or sense him. But as the Guardian Heads, we shall abide by your sovereignty. Chaps, let's put them away, spot spot." Koara sighed as she sheathed her wakizashi, "But one has to wonder. Why would you, the Hero Emperor and the strictest upholder of the law, would extend your sovereignty over the three most wanted men in all of Gaia."

Zhukov smirked, "Let's just say there's more to the story and rumors than what you've been told. Sure, those men that were killed were innocent, however, it all depends on what you mean by innocent. Besides, he saved my daughter from a bandit attack a couple years ago. They boldly escorted my daughter back to the city despite their bounty and stood before me. The poor boy and his friends were homeless and hunted left and right, though their lives really weren't in danger. But after measuring them, I thought that these boys deserved to at least live a normal life within my capitol, if nowhere else. That's all I'm going to say."

A blue light flashed ominously from Carina's cloak. She reached into her cloak and pulled out a paper rune with the most complex design he had ever seen. Carina wore worried look on her face. "My spy's been discovered. This is an emergency warp rune." She bit into her thumb and drew blood. She drew a cross onto the rune after she set it on the floor and backed up. The rune flashed two more times before turning bright red and then white. With a large bang, the light disappeared and two new figures appeared in the room. Carina yelled, "Philly, you better have a darn good reason for getting caught and using that rune! Those cost two Zera a piece and the Academy goes into the red for a month every time we have to buy another!" Philly talked through his heavy breaths, "I was getting out through the dungeons and I discovered this guy. They heard me unchaining him and surrounded the exit." Carina exploded, fire building up around her hands. "How many criminals are we going to..." Carina stopped as Philly took his robe off the other figure. There, covered in blood and stinking of a lingering, rotting smell of and unkept cell, was Redmond Sky.

Shinzuu ran to his friend, "Red! Red, are you alright!?" Red looked up weakly and his voice rasped as he spoke. "Shi... zuu? Am I dreaming?" Shinzuu took off his cloak and wrapped it around his friend. "You're not dreaming, Red. A spy found you while they were leaving and got you out." Zhukov stood up and faced them, a look of horror on his face. "Dear Gaia, what have they done to you, my godchild?" He turned to the others. "We'll continue this in the infirmary, I'm going to wake the cooks."

They carried Red into the infirmary, where a cleric cleaned him up and began to slowly heal him. Zhukov came into the infirmary with food and water. After Red finished, he told everyone about what happened. About him getting caught going out, his torcher and everything he overheard from the attack on Linkshire to the assassination attempt of Zhukov and his daughter. Shinzuu, a worried look on his face. "Where are my parents? A hundred soldiers are nothing for them, so where have they run to?" Red shook his head, "No. They did not run, nor did they kill anyone. They had stayed in Linkshire to protect it, and took on more invasions. So far, they have severely injured over five hundred men, but none fatal. My father is planning on gathering up the rest of his men to take down Linkshire. My estimate is that he'll keep a hundred of his remaining best and send the last fourteen hundred."

Zhukov grunted as he though hard. He finally raised his head and spoke, "Very well. Shinzuu and his party shall continue as planned with the coup, and I shall take the Knights and my elites with me to help protect Linkshire. Those two could probably still handle that number without effort, if they kill them, but they're not going to. And what's worse, they haven't been Guardians for a few decades. Their bodies are catching up with them, and they have aged greatly."

Zhael stood up with a smirk. "Save your men for another day, I'll take their places." Evey stood as well, drawing her sword and saluting Zhukov. "As will I. Since those two will not be killing, their aging will be a great handicap. Shinzuu, if your performance satisfies me, I'll extend my sovereignty to you and your friends as well. Exceed that, and I might push a vote for your full pardon. However, if you fail, I'll kill you myself." Carin began to protest but stopped herself, seeing Zhukov's glare. She had to remember that her duties as a Guardian that she's honored this last millenia had to come before her personal feelings. Red grabbed onto Zhukov's robe. "I'm coming, too." Zhukov turned to Red, "No, you need rest. Your wounds may have healed, but I cannot allow you to go back. You're next in line and the only heir to Kratos' throne." Red looked at Shinzuu. Shinzuu sighed, "I'll take him. Jack, Epoch and I grew up with him and helped treain him. He can be in my party. Don't worry, Your Majesty, he's in good hands." Zhukov gave him an unsure look, but sighed. "Fine. But when you get to Kratos' castle, beware of his right-hand governor, Baron von Vladimir XI. Not many people know it, but he's one of the few blademasters in Gaia. Take him to the armory and meet us out front. We move tonight."

Post Merge: January 12, 2010, 08:13:31 AM

More story notes:

Clerics
- Like Cosmic Magic-users, Clerics are also a class of their own. Their magic "element" is that of light. The element pretty much fall under the following categories: Wind, Water, Fire, Earth, Light, and Dark. Their magic is only capable of healing, curing and the like. They have no attack magic.

Magic Wheel - Each magic user falls under one of the six spectrums of the wheel, and in each spectrum, one dimension. For instance, Aviana, lightning and thunder magic-users all fall under the Wind spectrum. However, the dimensions of their magic capabilities are completely different, as they represent different dimensions of that spectrum. White, as you know, is an Ice Magic-User, but he falls under the Water element. get it? However, even though they fall under that Affinity, they are limited to only that sub category. White can only cast ice spells. Can't cast water.

Carina's issue with Shinzuu and his friends - Normally, Guardians have pledged their duty over their own personal feelings. You'd think that after more than 1,000 years as a Guardian, Carina wouldn't lose herself like she does in this chapter. The reason is that, like all the other Guardians, Carina looked down and loathed Kagatou and Ling for having broken the sacred law of mating, especially since she looked up to them since they became Guardians. Now, that is only part of it, the other part is that Shinzuu's party's so-called "treachery" that they're most known for was the first since the Crimson War, and therefore she views Shinzuu the same as Kronos.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:08:01 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 03:17:10 AM »
I liked this new chapter
more drama involved and more politics

however my one complaint.
I feel like you make some characters a lot more powerful then they should
like the two at linkshire, I mean they are ex guardians, but they can't hold off hundreds of soldiers just by themselves

also how can Shinn sneak up on Guardians, the supposed all powerful keepers of peace, and even your Bat brings that up
just how can a random bounty hunter sneak up on all powerful warriors and mages

not saying it kills the story or saying the story is bad or anything, but i kind've want to know why all the protagonists are somehow more skilled then the all powerful

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 03:32:41 AM »
Great episode Shinzuu! Red is gonna get payback I bet :D
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:28 AM »
well, everyone has pros and cons. and as for the powerful, i'm running off the concept of new generations inheriting skills of those who raise them. Koara is strong enough to be Kagatou's successor, and Zhael can sense all the hiding Guardians. He's not stronger, but his senses are powerful. Evey can't sense anything, but she's a powerful fighter, nonetheless. Shinzuu has the blood of the two strongest guardians in history, however, that's not to say that he is indeed stronger, because he's not, he's just good at hiding. And if you can remember, Gight just said, "He's reached a level..." not, "He's beyond our level.". He talks to Guardians that way because he is, indeed arrogant. Zhukov, however, has seen the side of Shinzuu that no one reading this story has seen yet, so it'll be confusing at first, especially why he favors Shinzuu. As for the fight in Linkshire, Ling is supposed to be a H2H fighter, but she's already using weapon to compensate her aging, and I have not mentioned their conditions still. They can indeed fight up to three hundred men at a time, however, they are not killing, so they became more a more worn per fight, without much time between each day, Red was hinting that they are outmatched, and getting worn.

Again, emphasizing the New Gen theory, if you read the casting again, you'll notice that Kyzen will eventually succeed Carina, though I will not divulge how. A lot of this story is based on the New Gen concept. However, if you think the protagonists are strong, wait till chapter 10 when you finally "see" the Guardians fight. It's more like read, but I see everything through my eyes as I reread all this, Vee's told me the same, so I can only assume you readers have the same experience while reading.

As a final note, much of this story will be incomplete and confusing as you go along. But the closer you get to the end, and read back, you're going to realize exactly how complex I've written the plot and sub-plot webs. It took me over a year to write the rough draft, and let me tell you. Most of that time was spent on weaving those webs. When you finish reading the whole thing, you're going to be shaking your head, and thinking to yourself. "OMG! So that's why this happened! That's why it was written like that! I get it now!" Or at least, hopefully something to that effect.

(oh, forgot, Shinzuu didn't sneak up on them. If you read carefully, he was actually in the room with Zhukov before anyone else was in there, so it just proves that he's good at hiding, nothing more.)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
Simply amazing so far. I enjoyed it so much that I joined the forums. I'm somewhat of a writer myself, but this, I just love it. Great job man, I can't wait to see more.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2010, 02:24:40 PM »
Thank you, that's very flattering to hear that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:39:58 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:11 PM »

Chapter 6 Teaser:

... Red swooped down, showering the soldiers below with knives and kunai. He thought to himself, "This is bad, we need to barricade that door, now." He came down with two of the long resting chairs and knocked over the incoming drove and then signaled for Captain Kiral to bar the door. Kiral and his men rushed the doors and pinned themselves to it, while other men tried to find heavy items to keep it shut. Kiral called out to Red, "Go, Your Majesty! Go help the others! We gladly lay down our lives for you! Go!"...

... Zhael laughed maniacally as he swung his warhammer left and right, knocking three to four men at a time into the air, the most forward having a gaping hole where he was struck. He backed up against Evey as more soldiers poured in. "So! Are you having fun yet!? Brings back memories!" Evey smirked, "Yes! You were a loose cannon back then, too! You do remember that we're supposed to MINIMIZE casualties, right!?" Zhael laughed, "I don't think that's an option anymore! Those two can do whatever they want, but I kill whomever tries to kill me!" Evey smiled uneasily, "I'm afraid you might be right." as she thrusted her blade into a soldier's face and kicked him off in time to catch another through the chest behind her as he bent backwards after the kick...

Does this tickle your fancy? Wait till tomorrow to read the whole thing.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.