The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Kin Chronicles: The Black Kat  (Read 15545 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Kin Chronicles: The Black Kat
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2010, 02:39:42 AM »
Great chapter, babe. Very good fight scenes. :)
Can't wait for the next one for two reasons: 1) The Shinzuu vs. Kratos fight and 2) I know I'm in it. :D

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »
*Eyes bulge out of head* Uzima return...must...have!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »
great stuff Shinzuu... cant wait to read more  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »
Amazing as usual, Shinzuu. This was quite an action packed chapter. Though I'm sure the next will be containing more, considering our heroes' current predicaments...Anyway, might want to re-read it. Few left out letters and punctuation errors.
Also...What element would you stick the ability to have your art come to life under? If any...Because I think that is an awesome power...

wanted to say something before, but never got around to saying. this is being written in English english. there are certain grammar and spelling most north americans are not used to. And you are not one to talk, cuddles. Your RPing proves it.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
woah, calm down.

Someone's taking criticism too seriously

About you mentioning Buster Class swords
just say buster swords, because we all can imagine what a Buster Sword is, blame Final Fantasy

also I still have a problem with how the characters can easily deal with the foot soldiers

I mean they are foot soldiers, but they shouldn't be breezing through them Dynasty Warriors style.
I mean before the battle REALLY started Kagatou and Ling easily steamrolled twenty soldiers.

Why would the Royal Guard suddenly turn on their king when they were so loyal to him seconds before. It's not like the Prince takes immediate priority over the King.

you also really like to arm your main characters (not just this in pretty much everything) with the mythical armament of the Japanease super man stereotype, basically combining the best of both the Ninja and Samurai 
Kunai,
Katanas

interpret this as you see fit Shinzuu, but I'm not trying to make fun of you or put you down in any way shape or form.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
Ouch, that hurt coming from you, Shinzuu, more than you know clearly. Also I don't think me misreading things in your RP has anything to do with my grammar.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
Ouch, that hurt coming from you, Shinzuu, more than you know clearly. Also I don't think me misreading things in your RP has anything to do with my grammar.
it's your spelling, something that i'm very anal about.

Someone's taking criticism too seriously

About you mentioning Buster Class swords
just say buster swords, because we all can imagine what a Buster Sword is, blame Final Fantasy

also I still have a problem with how the characters can easily deal with the foot soldiers

I mean they are foot soldiers, but they shouldn't be breezing through them Dynasty Warriors style.
I mean before the battle REALLY started Kagatou and Ling easily steamrolled twenty soldiers.

Why would the Royal Guard suddenly turn on their king when they were so loyal to him seconds before. It's not like the Prince takes immediate priority over the King.

you also really like to arm your main characters (not just this in pretty much everything) with the mythical armament of the Japanease super man stereotype, basically combining the best of both the Ninja and Samurai 
Kunai,
Katanas

1) I'm very well aware of the fact, since I've been playing FF since '89. I do specify buster class because none of the big weapons in my story are hearken large tanto blades with no hilts

2) Ling and Kagatou were Guardians for a time. Read the story more carefully.

3) Loyalty of the Royal Guard. They were Red's guards. Were hired for that purpose. Tyranny against the people is not something that's uncommon among bad rulers. Battles are what define one's loyalties.

4) I never use or do anything pertaining to ninjas, and I've never used kunai. My charat may be a strong samurai-type, but he's not super-human (er, super-furry?). Like me, my charat just performed as one who has studied and fought since early childhood.

5) I only have a cow with criticism when it doesn't really apply, particularly on a subject that I, myself am very very anal about. :/

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »
Chapter 6: The Inevitable Before they were able to say anymore, they found kunai sticking out of their throats. Red sighed as he lowered his hand

Shinzuu took the lead and examined the gate and its lock. Well, no way to do this unheard. He turned to Epoch as he drew his katana.
Red closed his wings and spiraled down from his vantage point to the door. He opened his wings at the last second, landed softly onto the front step, turned around and released a small shower of kunai, clearing the wall of soldiers blocking his friends.

However, despite the help, the party was still being pushed back. Red took flight and swooped down, showering the soldiers below ithe knives and kunai.
Red reluctantly turned and landed next to his friends. "Let us make haste, then. Follow me."

I basically found all the excerpts with both Katanas ans Kunai, I thought this was a story around a Medieval Europe typish setting (for the equipment anyways)
and i know Shinzuu doesnt use the kunai, but I never said only he, I was just saying anyone
and even your non guardian characters breeze through the foot soldiers, just the sheer amount of them pushes them backwards (understandably)

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
It is medieval-themed. As I had stated prior, the four provinces are kind of like a smaller representation of our societal distribution. Western-Most, Lodis, more like americans. Next, Karasia, a lot like England. Then, laid-back but totalitarian Lavardia, similar to the Middle-East. Then, Vorona, most similar to asia.

The Knights of Gaia are supposed to be kind of like the smaller version of Guardians, though, by far, not as strong with centuries less experience. Emperors are usually war heroes in medieval stories, that is until they become old and decrepit. And if you read, the zergling rush tactic wasn't used. They've only attacked in small groups.

The purpose of Red using both kunai and throwing knives is to emphasize the fact that the usage of weapons, for some characters, are not bound by where they are from, but to optimize by using weapons of multiple origins.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »
I can't wait for Chapter 7 to come out 8D

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
ok, everyone, I'm sorry for the long wait. As you all might or might not know, I had taken a break to catch up on my late commissions as well as for Valentine's. Now, I have continued and finished chapter 7. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post today, as it is fairly late to start. So, in the meantime, I will post this teaser and post the whole chapter first thing tomorrow morning. I love you all, and thanks for your continued support.

Chapter 7 (Teaser)

See what happens!

...Kratos took a step forward and slashed down diagonally. In an instant, a cloaked figure jumped from the top of the tower, landed between Kratos and Shinzuu, and twirled around, deflecting the strike with enough force to cause Kratos to recoil and step back. Kratos's anger grew with this new annoyance. "And who the hell are you?"...

...Zhael stood firm with his half-broken war hammer and Zhukov panted, legs shaking a little with his chipped swords in his hands...

...Bahamut stood in front, doing his best to cover Alister and Barak, broken broadswords in hand. He took a deep breath, "Gentlemen, it has been an honor serving with you all these years."...

New friends!

...blow off the figure's hood. It was a snow white wolf with ocean blue eyes, he had no hair, but rather, just fur... "My name is White....

..."Your fight is with me, Philly the Sly Sorcerer!"...

Twist of fate!

...four figures emerged, it was Carina, Iridian, Golge and Koara...

...Blood smeared her face and armour, her face void of emotion, and eyes staring with a thirst for blood at the one below her feet...

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »
OMG! My character has arrived, I'm completely stoked for this one >_>... why must I work tomorrow... WHY?! *Head desks*

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »
White, stop being so hard on yourself.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »
I bet I know "who the hell" it is! xD

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »
Lol thanks Shinzuu, that made me laugh out loud.