The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hope Dies slowly revived  (Read 19812 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Hope Dies slowly revived
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »
Spike looked up from his carving. "Yeah, Kitt, that'll do just great. Thanks." The deer was nearly half carved and Spike had stacked enough meat to last them the next 2 days. He kept the skin aside for later use. "I still need a fire though, guys."

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »
Asia looked upon the carcass and as Spike began to cut into it, his contorted in digust. Gerren stood beside him, looking between Asia and the meat.
"Well there's not much else to eat," said the servant. Asia held up an arm and pointed to fields around them.
"Look where we are!" said the prince.
"Yeah and they could be poisonous. We know nothing about this planet and there's no way you're gonna get ill because of sheer carelessness," replied Gerren.

The only problem is that Asia and Gerren are royalty,
Gerren held up his hand as Asia dropped his, staring at Spike, repulsed by the act.
"Uh, I'm not royalty," said Gerren. "I'm just his servant, see?" He lifted his head and showed off his collar, swimming with vibrant fluids.
"I am not eating that," Asia murmured, "It is utterly vile and hideous."
"Look just eat it today and then afterwards we can experiment with the stuff round here." Asia looked at Gerren and narrowed his eyes.
"I would rather starve then eat that," he said, pointing to the Deer.
"Well that's your choice, but you're hungry right now, right?" said Gerren.
"Not after looking at that I'm not," Asia replied.
"Well I am, and we have nothing else to eat. It isn't nice but none of this is, ok?"
Asia stood away from the fire, looking around at the multicoloured flora the spread over the land.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Kitt watched Asia sulk, he walked over uncertainly to the young prince...
"hey.. Asia?.. look, i know im not gonna be able to persuade you ta eat the meat... heck, ive never been able to persuade anyone to do anythin'... but i know how ya feel... well, not exactly... i mean i aint royalty... heck quite the opposite, im just some mechanic trying to scratch a livin'... but i reckon... your, people?... i reckon they wouldnt want their prince to die cos he wouldnt eat when he was stranded.. now would they?"
 he gave the prince an encouraging smile...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
"Of course they don't want me to die," Asia murmured, "I'm the last one left." He had a hint of a smile on him as he looked to Kitt, his eyes were lost, and his fur dimmed. "After me, it's all over. My home becomes a republic and the... Legend of Light... ends." He looked up, seeing the ship, torn and broken. "And that looks pretty likely right now." He turned back to Kitt, "I guess things are messed up." The bunny's breathing started to become hoarse. He turned to the tree, leaning against it, facing away from everyone and everything.

Gerren sat by spike, trying to comprehend the resons one would eat a corpse.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »
Howl blew out more smoke then walked up to Asia. "Well, if your the last of 'em, then just eat the meat, it's not going to kill you. Plus, your exactly in the position to complain about what type of food you get, rather, you should be complaining about whether we get ANY food or not. We've got to live off of what we have." He patted Asia's shoulder. "When this is all over, you won't have to worry about the crap food you get here, right?" He chuckled then walked over to Spike and looked at the meat. "Man, I'm starving. This meat should do us some good...we should have took salt from the cafeteria! Oh well, this will do just fine."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:03:54 AM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »
Spike had finished carving what meat he could pull off. He looked at Howl, wiping his face with the part of his arm that wasn't covered in blood. "Salt? Who needs salt when Spike is cooking?" Spike asked, a smile crossing his face while he constructed the home made barbeque. He looked at Gerren who sat nearest to him. "How do you take it?" The fox asked, taking a lighter and starting a fire from paper and kindling wood under the sheet metal.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2010, 02:15:48 AM »
Asia froze, slowly calming himself, breathing deep, before turning to Howl.
"You don't know it won't kill me. I'll be fine as I am," he said, before muttering under his breath, "it doesn't matter anyway."

Gerren looked to spike, confused.
"I don't know. I've never had meat before. i dont know how it's supposed to be eaten."

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2010, 05:57:25 AM »
Spike looked at Gerren in disbelief. He looked back at his grill and placed the metal sheet over the flame. "Well uh, you can have your meat bloody, or not bloody." Spike said, making it simple. "Some people like it bloody and some don't. You want it a bit pink?" He asked, throwing a couple pieces on the metal.

Spike's ears twitched. He looked up and out towards the woods. He stood up still keeping his eyes on what was making noise. He began to walk forward while at the same time he pulled out his knife. "Who's there!?" Spike called out into the forest. There was no response. Spike walked into the woods and then there was a low hiss then a sound of a rattle. Spike's eyes went wide. "What the f-" His words were cut off by a large figure lunging at him through the brush. Spike's knife dropped from his hand and landed in the dirt. He wrestled with the huge snake on the ground. They rolled around in the dirt while Spike tried his best to avoid being bitten while the snake tried to keep Spike from breaking its neck. It was a dangerous game that was easily heard through the bushes to the group of survivors. Spike then was able to roll onto the snake's back and pin it to the floor moments later. The snake tapped out and Spike made a face. "I give up! You win!" The snake hissed. Spike finally let the snake go and quickly got to his feet. The rattlesnake stood up and walked away from the fox, stretching his back, and cracking it in several places. "Jeez, Spike!" The snake hissed, "you trying to kill me?" Spike narrowed his eyes and noticed the name patch on the snake's work uniform. His jaw dropped. "Eddie!?" Eddie smiled and held his arms out.

"I haven't seen you in ages! Where did you come from?" Spike asked, standing still stunned. Eddie crossed his arms. "We worked on the same ship, Spike. I saw your name on the roster and I decided to tag along. You can't leave your buddy behind forever." Spike scratched his head. "but how did you-" Eddie cut him off. "Survive? You got me. I woke up out here without a scratch. I smelled someone grilling and I...well you know the rest." Spike laughed. "Well, c'mon, I'll introduce you to the rest of the gang." He said walking back out through the woods. The fox popped out of the woods back into the clearing with the rattlesnake following close behind.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:54:03 AM by Spike »

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »
"Oh don't give me..." Gerren said before spike twitched. As the fox moved away, he sat back, staring into the undergrowth. Suddenly the scuffle and he and Asia rushed in to help, only finding a completely healthy snake, happy as can be. "Ah..." he said. "More carnivores," Gerren rolled his eyes and turned back to the cooking food, as Asia gave a quiver of a smile and stood around, watching everyone. "No blood for me thanks, I'd rather it be as unlifelike as possible. It's already bad enough."
"Then dont eat it," Asia said, his hands on his hips. "You shouldn't eat stuff like that."
"I'd rather have discomfort than starvation," Gerren replied. Asia huffed and turned to the wooded landscape.
"To heck with this, I'm gonna find something to eat."
"What did I tell you about going on your own?" Gerren said, finger pointed. Asia sighed,
"Sorry."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2010, 07:22:35 PM »
When the Snake emerged from the undergrowth with Spike, Howl smiled and walked up to him. "Well well, who's this? A friend of yours? I'm Howl, one of the few survivors of the crash, as you would probably guess." He held out his hand for a shake.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2010, 05:16:24 AM »
Spike walked over to the grill. "No blood for the bunnies. Got it." He sat down and watched as the steaks fried and sizzled on the metal, flipping them over on occaision with his knife.

Eddie looked at Howl. "Nice to meet you, sir, I'm Eddie." He shook his hand. "I glad to see there are more survivors."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »
Kitt hadnt noticed the newcomer, he was far too interested in the sizzling meat.... slapping the heavy head of his wrench in his palm, before holstering it back in the belt of his mechanics work clothes....
"i'l go with n'ything Spike... just glad we got food for now..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
"You do that a lot, don't you." Asia said, turning to Kitt, "That thing with the wrench."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2010, 09:52:24 PM »
Kitt looked up from the frying meat, and then back down to the wrench... "yeah... i guess i do it subconsiouslyfor some reason" he blushed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2010, 10:32:11 PM »
"I don't have any weird quirks like that. The only thing special about me is... well, everything." The rabbit smirked before laughing out loud, though his eyes still seemed just so slightly lost.