The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hope Dies slowly revived  (Read 19809 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Hope Dies slowly revived
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »
"No reason. I was just wondering. I have hunted a few times but I don't know if it's the same as hunting at home. The creatures are weird out here." Eddie said as he spotted a small animal in a clearing. It resembled a large rabbit and it was nibbling away at a blue plant. "Maybe we should get Gerren to check out that blue stuff." Eddie whispered to Kitt making a face of disgust seeing as how nasty the plant looked.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:19 PM »
Kitt watched the Rabbit carefully, mimicking Eddies face of disgust when he looked to the blue plant, he whispered back watching the animal nibble... "so..... what now?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2010, 11:36:39 PM »
Gerren nodded to Spike, "thanks.. i guess," he said with a smile as he turned to the forest. "Come on Asia, let's catch up." The two rabbits jogged through the forest, clambering over any obstacles.
"My clothes are getting ruined," Asia said as he looked to himself, Gerren merely laughed and they reached Kitt and Eddie.
"So what's going on?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2010, 02:46:36 AM »
Eddie pointed. "Big bunny eating strange plant. Something for both of us." He crept along the bushes along side of it. Instictively his tail began to rattle once he was close enough. The creature looked up. Too late for a reaction, Eddie already had the animal being crushed between his fangs. It's legs kicked and struggled while Eddie pumped it with venom. Within moments, it was dead. Eddie pulled it from his mouth and held it up. He looked it over before tossing it to Kitt.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2010, 09:14:56 AM »
Gerren pulled Asia away, turning from the violence and grimacing at the sound
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
Kitt watched Eddie crush the large mammal, catching its now lifeless body and almost falling over with the sudden weight... "christ, s'a big 'un...." dropping the rabbit onto the ground he looked over at Gerren and Asia "you guys alright?"

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2010, 10:44:02 AM »
Asia began to shiver with fear. Gerren turned to the cat,
"We're fine just... keep that stuff away from us ok?

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »
"Hey Spike, now that this has happened, I don't think I'll ever be the same after this, ya know? Considering all that's occurred...how about you? Will you ever go back to a normal life, or will this linger inside you?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2010, 06:20:36 AM »
Spike turned to face Howl. "I know what you mean, Howl. To answer your question, I don't think this is anywhere near as bad as what I've been through when I was deployed on Omakron." He shook his head and looked down. "This ship," He pointed to the vessel. "Is a fraction of the size of ships that would literally rain down on my crew and I. I have seen some things, man. Will I ever go back to a normal life? Not since I left college for boot camp." He spat and swirled a stick around in the dirt. He looked up at Howl. "You're a writer aren't you? What is it you write about?"

(meanwhile)

Eddie looked over at Asia and Gerren. "Sorry you guys had to see that. I haven't done that in a long time." His breathing was heavy. He collected himself and walked over to the blue plant the creature was eating. He looked it over and finally plucked upt a few of the leaves. He carried it over to where Gerren and Asia were. "Do you want to try this?"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2010, 06:39:02 AM »
Gerren looked at the meat in his hand, flinched and threw it away. Tentatively, he reached out and took the leaves from Eddie, taking a bite out of one of them.
"Thanks," he said, his voice was dulled. The both of them moved away from the rest of the group to eat their leaves, making sure not to look at the corpse. Asia caught a glimpse and wished he hadn't.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »
"Don't mention it." Eddie said while watching them back away. He walked over to Kitt and to where his prey had landed. He picked up the heavy body in one hand by its legs and threw it over his shoulder. "Are you guys going somewhere?" Eddie asked the two rabbits as they moved away.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »
Gerren didnt dare turn to look at Eddie.
"We're just going to... we'll just be over here," he said, stepping into a little clump of trees and sitting down the the leaves.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2010, 06:57:26 AM »
Eddie shrugged. "Okay but don't wander off." He looked at Kitt. "Do you think we should use wood or metal for shelter?" He asked.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »
Kitt was watching Gerren and Asia walk off together, before turning back to Eddie "uh... i reckon a mix?... wood support, metal for covering against rain or whatever?"... "we got wood here, n' metal sheets from the ship"...

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
"I write about the countless adventures I've been on, exploring different planets around the galaxy and drawing the new creatures I encounter in my notepad." He shows it to Spike, flipping through it showing unique reptilian, mammal and aquatic life. Some had 10 legs. others had 3. One in-particular was a behemoth, covered with scales tougher then most ships, standing on 5 legs and using 8 arms. "That one was a real bugger, almost got me killed."   
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.