The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hope Dies slowly revived  (Read 19815 times)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Re: Hope Dies slowly revived
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 11:00:01 PM »
Howl grabbed his brother's body and dragged it in the room, then leaned against the wall. "I was in medical bay 5 with my brother before the explosion, but now....you can see he's no longer with us." He slid down the wall with his back to it. "After I found him, I took his body through a hall of flames then fell down the upside-down flight of stairs. Don't go up any higher, it's all fire and wreckage now....." Howl coughed again. "I bumped my head pretty badly when I fell down the steps." Blood seeps down the side of Howl's head.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 11:44:37 PM »
"You were in the medi-bay and you left it to come here? There's not much we can do," Gerren said as he looked Howl over, letting him keep hold of his brother. Asia was already unlocking the safe, hearing a distinctly satisfying click. Pulling it open, he found a rather unimpressive thick blanket of greyish brown, wrapped around a clump of items. He took the package out and sat cross legged upon the floor, laying the items by him before unwrapping it. Gerren noticed the blood on Howl's head and ran his paw through the fur, checking the damage. It wasn't terrible and could easily be patched up, if they had anything to patch it with. "What was in the safe?" he asked Asia who's eyes had lit up, admiring a substantial blade.
"Well, we got a knife here, looks pretty mean... err, a compass, a kinda ugly blanket aaaand," Asia trailed off before a broad grin slapped onto his face. "First Aid!" he held up a small red box full of objects thudding against the walls inside.
Gerren shared the smile, "See, told you they wouldn't have no plans for this sort of thing." Asia handed the box over to him, so he could bandage seal the wound, bandaging him up. "I'm not a doctor, but I think you'll be fine for now." Gerren turned to move back into the corridor, but stopped and turned back to Howl. "Since you were in the medibay, are there any doctors around?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »
Howl's expression shifted into a sorrowful one. "Everyone in there was....dead. Some killed by debris, others fell onto syringes. There are other medi-bays, but they are located lower in the ship, and I'm not going to climb down those steps again with these legs." He lifted his scorched jeans to reveal his burn legs, they were in pretty bad shape. "I got them while carrying my brother's body through the burning corridor. Is there anything in the First Aid kit for 2nd to 3rd degree burns?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 01:25:26 AM »
"Yeesh, that don't look good." Gerren looked again through the kit. "I can bandage some of that up, and we have some disinfectant spray and some... gauze pads, I dont know... look I'm not a doctor, I'm just a servant to this kid here," he nodded over to Asia who gave a flicker of a smile. "Your injuries look serious. I dont know what I can do." He ran a paw through his fur, closing his eyes trying to think. "OK, I'll do what I can, but it isn't gonna be enough, and I'm going to have to cut off most of your jeans," he said as he grabbed the scissors, awaiting permission.

Asia sat cross-legged, looking between the two men, filled with questions of what happens next. He looked outside and saw the birds start to return to their perches, hopping around the nearby trees.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 01:43:16 AM »
He nodded. "Go ahead, ripped jeans is better then no legs." Howl looked at his brother and muttered, "If I survive this, then I might be able to write the last book of our adventures together, about this ship...."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 04:41:48 AM »
Gerren put scissors to denim, cutting away jeans from flesh, peeling it off where it had stuck.
"So you write?" he asked, drawing away Howl's attention as the cloth came off. He  started to spray the disinfectant over the wounds. Asia stood up and wandered around the room, examining all the different controls of the ship, some stained with blood. He made sure to divert his eyes from the bodies.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 05:54:23 AM »
Spike followed Kitt back down the corridor to where he'd left Ross. He was careful not to step on any of the debris as he followed. "So, Kitt, how do you think we're going to get out of here anyway?" Spike asked as he looked into a room filled with debris, bodies, and to the window that let in sunlight. "...and just where are we anyway?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
"no idea to all the questions" he smirked, watching Spike, dust and smoke billowing around their legs as they walked... "but... i reckon we need to find anyone else who has survived... two of us aint gonna do a whole lotta good.... HELLO!?" he shouted down the corridor, hoping anyone else still alive would answer, if not... if not then they where on their own...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »
The ears of both rabbits perked up at the sound, Gerren moved to call back, but Asia leapt in, covered Gerren's mouth and put a finger to his own lips whispering a shush. The young prince hopped through the archway.
"Get back here," Gerren whispered, but the boy was gone, darting through the corridors until he reached a corner where the sound of the new people were close. He peered round the corner, though his bright fur shimmered through the smoke. There in the corridor, he could see a cat and a fox, listening out for replies.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »
Kitt leant against the wall of the corridor, throwing his wrench up in the air so it flipped head over handle twice, before catching it again, and repeating the action.... he kept one ear cocked for a replying shout though none came...

"ugh... guess we really are the only survivors left on this god-forsaken ship...."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
Asia narrowed his eyes, hiding behind his corner, calling out to them,
"You're survivors then?" he asked.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
Kitt jumped at the voice so close, he missed the wrench as it flew its path up and then down, the heavy metal tool landing a painfull blow on his knee instead...
"ow...." he rubbed his knee, looking up at the obscured figure who had spoken out...
"yeah, we're survivors.... you injured?"

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 06:11:30 PM »
"No," the prince replied, in his most authoritative voice, laced with as much mystery as he could muster. Voice coaches at the palace made sure that if he had to represent the royals, he would do it well. "Though there is one, in a grave circumstance. Why do you ask, are you a  doctor?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 06:23:53 PM »
"uhm... no im not a Doctor... i'm just doing by best to help is all... you gonna show yourself or keep hidin'?"
Kitt peered through the smoke at the figure, wrench back in hand, tail swishing curiosuly...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
Suddenly, Asia was pulled to the side. It was Gerren.
"What the hell do you think you're doing? Do you not realise how dangerous that was. Didnt the bodies give any sort of hint?!" he shouted at the boy, who shyed away, his glow diminished. Gerren pulled Asia away, dragging him back towards the bridge. "I've done what I can with Howl, now the best we can do is stick together, do you understand me."
Asia gave out a quiet, defeated "yes."