The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128938 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1065 on: August 25, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
Lo's training consisted of a strange version of the childhood game 'tag'... She would chase Kitt, the pair of the them ducking weaving and running between the trunks of the forest, small branches whipping at their legs as they jumped over stumps logs and boulders.... Every time she caught up and tagged Kitt, she would slap him curtly across the head, and tell him to re-focus on his speed and swiftness....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1066 on: August 25, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »
Korius finished eating rather quickly and sighed as he sat back against the wall, "Dear Gaia, Hajime makes a mean dish. Those herbs and medicine really work well, but the accelerated healing process is about as painful as White's prior healing ability. It brings back memories..." Korius' mind slipped back to his days of happiness and love, and his voice let slip in an audible whisper, "Koara..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1067 on: August 26, 2010, 12:23:09 AM »
Kiana swallowed and chuckled. "Yes, she is quite the cook." As she took another bite of food, she could have sworn she heard Korius whisper 'Koara', but she didn't understand why he would have said it in such a way when he had just been her personal bodyguard. Unless... "No...he would never do that. Would he?" She glanced up at Korius. "What was that you just said? I couldn't quite hear you." She said, sounding nonchalant about it. She chewed on her last bite of food. She didn't expect him to give her an honest answer but she figured she'd ask anyway to see if he would actually tell her so she wouldn't be stuck with just guesses.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1068 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:43 AM »
*The wolf yawned and got up* "Alright I'm just wasting my time, I'm gonna go back to the medical facility and read some books." *He stretched his arms and got up from the table, walking out the door and going again downstairs* "I'd much rather fall asleep on a comfortable chair reading a book than some food table any day, the end result usually being horrible back pain the next day. Which I really don't want to see anytime soon since it carries me around for most of the day." *He walked past the Operation Room not really noticing Kiana or Korius and sits in his study lounge picking up where he left off with his books* "Hopefully these last two left will maintain the interest of the last many I went through..."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1069 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »
Lo knelt down beside Kitt, putting a clawed hand carefully against his chest as he sat panting against the trunk of an oak tree... She sighed, letting a thin trickle of magica flow into him and help relieve some of the pain "Perhaps this was too much all at once... There is no permanent damage, just some chest pain..." Kitt nodded, biting hard on his tongue...

Lo sighed again, letting the magica flow increase and lessen the pain to a dull ache. Kitt let out a relieved sigh, opening his eyes and sitting further up. Above them, through the tree canopy, the moon shone bright as Lo helped pull Kitt to his feet and help him back to the Inn....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1070 on: August 27, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »
Hajime chuckled at Elistra's question, "Your father was quite the problem child back in the day. The reason he became the way he is was because of the training I gave him. I tutored your father back during the war, when he was a child. He was a prodigy, and had done me proud. But because of the hardships that he went through during that time, it had hardened him, alongside me having to harden his heart so that he would learn to kill without hesitation. As for your mate, he had only fought many that were weaker than him or close to his own level. He relies on you to be his other half in battle, but will not admit it. He believes within his mind that he is the strongest, and that there's one who can top him. He doesn't realize exactly how little he is compared to even half the party, especially to myself and my Five. If he doesn't learn, then his journey ends here."

Mo sighed as Talin finally gave in with the dive into paralysis. "You have quite a bit of stubbornness in you, and that's only as large as your arrogance. You only had a taste, the other day, of how weak you really are. Your mate is with your child and you must go on without her. You still look down on those stronger than you, and at your own companions. You let your anger cloud your judgment and you even resort to allowing Chronin temporary control over you. If you can't stand on your own two feet and fight with your own strength, whether it be a mental or physical battle, it will be the duty of us here in the village to end you so that you do not become a liability of Gaia's dwindling future. Now, you may eat a little."  Mo quickly removed the needles and sat the wolf up, leaving a plate of a large slab of cooked meat in front of him. He took out a pill and crushed it in his hand, and laced it over the steak. "There's the antidote to the super-digestion pill. Eat up. You can go see your mate after this, but you may only have an hour before you must return to the Inn."

Korius snapped out of his trans, "Uh...umm....I'm sorry, just memories from the past... can you... keep a secret? You remember the story of me nearly killing Koara when I was her personal guard? Well... after my Ki was sealed away, she attempted to restore my 'humanity' and before I knew it... we became lovers... But that was short-lived. Months later, those bloody Guardians rose up with their betrayal to Gaia and killed her. Also, while growing up, I never once got attached to anyone. However, I grew attached to my masters after a few years. But, again, months later, they were all murdered by some angry mercenaries. Every time I get close to anyone, they end up dead, that's why I'm..." Korius' words trailed off as he slunk back into his trance of depression.

Vo emerged from the shadows near White, still flipping the balisong skillfully. "Pop quiz time. If you fail, you don't get this until tomorrow night, before you leave."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1071 on: August 27, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »
Kiana listened to Korius, nodding when he had asked if she could keep a secret. What he said about him and Koara being lovers surprised her but she didn't let it show on her face. When his words trailed off, she thought about what he had said the last time she had brought him his meal. "...it's all too more of an affirmation that things such as love are not meant for me... which is why I've been avoiding you..." His words rang through her mind and she realized that that was where what he was just saying was going again when his words had trailed off. "Which is why you've been staying away from me..." She whispered while looking down at her empty tray, more for her to hear the words out loud than to finish the sentence for him. She moved the tray off of her lap then looked up at Korius. "You know, you can't go through the rest of your life thinking that everyone you get close to is going to die." She said in a soft voice. "I never started thinking that way after my brother was killed...of course, he was the only person I was close to...but you've just got to go with how you feel. It's unhealthy to hold things back." She glanced over at the tray on the floor, looking at the light reflecting off of it. "But I hold things back all the time...maybe I shouldn't be giving him advice..."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1072 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
*The wolf probably jumped up about a foot out of his chair half-awake dropping his book to the floor* "GAH! Hu-whaat?" *He blinked a few times and noticed Vo rather quickly* "Why do you have to be so sneaky about where you are...? Jeez I could swear you're a ghost sometimes!" *He got up from his chair and picked up the upside-down open book and closed it then put it back in the unfinished reading stack, looking back up to notice the balisong* "Oh my prize! I want... I'll do anything to get that cold metal into my paws. I wish that shop keep would have given it to me, so much trouble just to get my replacement blade! Makes easy leverage for this lady against me though... oh well." *He stopped his thought sequence to ask further about the aforementioned pop quiz* "What would you like me to do for this "pop quiz," Vo?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1073 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
Talin had heard what Mo said, but wasn't listening to him until after he devoured the steak and felt the drug take effect. It made sense in a logical way that since she was pregnant, she would be a liability if she was about to give birth; that did nothing to take the sting out of Mo's words however. The arrogance he was unaware of was completely against the notion that he wasn't even among the strongest of the group.

He just sat there for an unknown time, trying to get his emotions in check so he could at least say his farewell to Elistra. He was facing the sobering fact that he had relied on Elistra to back him up, and was thus unable to stand alone...

Elistra was facing a similar emotional issue, but it was because she let him rely on her too much, and was no longer the dragoon that fought her to a tie. "There is one thing I know, the last thing he'll do is ask for help. But, if he does..." She bit her lip at the thought of it, then breathed out slowly. "Can you have Mo train him?
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1074 on: August 27, 2010, 09:48:44 PM »
Lo helped Kitt sit down on his bed back in the Inn. She tutted under her breath, muttering things like "Much too young.... Dont know why I allowed you to commit to the ritual.... Going to cause so many problems...."

She stopped, putting her hands on hips and watching as he settled down under the covers, rangers cloak slung over the bedstead with the rest of his clothes "You are not to move from this bed, until i get back... I am going to go and find Korius, tell him how your are getting on.... And then go get some sleep... You should do the same young Ranger..."

Lo sighed, looking down at him, and the frown changed to a worried smile "Youre doing well... Keep it up, and I reckon you will be a Ranger to rival your father..." She sighed, turning and walking out of his room, and back downstairs to find Korius...

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1075 on: August 28, 2010, 12:10:36 AM »
Hajime gave a warm smile at Elistra's request, "It had already been underway since this morning. As for combat, Mo will be helping Talin at least to control himself a bit more, but this time, against Chronin. His own physical and mental battle should be over now, but his power to fight on his own, and to at least refine his skills a little, will start tomorrow. I've allowed Talin one hour to be with you tonight. He will be waking up very early tomorrow morning for training. Talin will be learning the true meaning of fear..." With that, Hajime got up and left, closing the door behind her.

Vo's face grew angry in an instant and she slammed a punch into White's muzzle, "That's MASTER Vo to you, child! Who taught you such disrespect for your elders!? Now, let's begin." She returned to her normal self and flipped the balisong around as she quizzed the wolf. He was partially distracted as he was quizzed, but he managed to stay with the questions enough to answer them satisfactorily. Vo gave an almost devilish smile as she flipped the balisong in a way that made it look like it crawled up to her elbow and crawl back down her arm, into her hand closed, and held it in front for the wolf to have.

Korius grunted and sighed as he struggled to get up. "The monks who raised me... the ones I came to call brothers and sister... my Love... all sent to their deaths only months after I become attached to them... 27 people can not be just coincidence. I'm going to check with Hajime, there are a few things I need to know about tomorrow, since it WILL be our last day here in this village." Hajime walked in as Korius finished, "Indeed, you are right. Tomorrow, you will be undergoing the rest of anger training. You will be sparring with me all day. I will see how well you can control your emotion when you're forced to use your Ki. And don't worry, I'm no needle expert, but I can achieve the same effect as Mo can." A smirk crawled over her face before he walked over and hoisted Korius' arm over her shoulders. "Now let's get you to bed. Vo has already prepared a special potion for you to drink to help with your body readjusting to your full power again. I'm not going to lie, it's going to be the most foul thing you can ever taste in this world."

Lo met up with Korius at the Inn and filled Korius in on Kitt's progress. Korius nodded and passed out almost right after, having already spent 10 minutes gagging and almost vomiting Vo's potion. Hajime laid him down and tucked him in before taking Lo with her.

Mo stood at the rooftops with Ferdande, on watch again. "So tomorrow's the last day... how's your training with Drevo? Has he managed to at least stand a hit? I heard Alexia gave him one of her big punches." Ferdande chuckled, "Yea, but he'll survive. She controlled herself enough not to kill him. How about Talin? I heard that he finally passed his personal fight. How are you going to train him to resist Chronin?" Mo sighed, "I'll be beating it into him. His fight with Chronin's no different than Korius' fight with his dark Ki. I actually wish that Talin was as good as he made himself out to seem." "Why's that?" "Master Hajime is going to be training Korius tomorrow. She'll be fighting him full on. I want to be there, both to see such a monumentous fight and to make sure if Korius loses it, to back her up. I'm worried that she might not be able to handle him. After all, it took almost the whole village to barely restrain Korius." Ferdande chuckled again, "I'm sure you and the others will be able to jump in to stop him." A smirk crawled over Mo's face, "No, all 4 of us will. You are to take Drevo to the training grounds with us, and..." Hajime jumped up onto the roof with Lo, Bo and Vo. She finished Mo's sentence, "From hence forth, you are recognized as a master. Therefore, from this moment on, you will be shed of your birth name, Ferdande, and shall from now on be known as Fo." Mo, Lo, Vo and Bo circled around Ferdande and each made quick hand movements and placed two finger gestures around the areas of his neck. A faint glow came from their finger tips and they traced a pattern onto the area around his neck. As they retreated, Hajime approached Ferdande and, after quick hand movements of her own, pressed a strong, thrust with her palm onto his chest, which burned through his shirt, and left the symbol 黑 (Shadow) on his chest. Hajime stepped back and Ferdande bowed. "Thank you, master. I, Fo, shall live up to the title of 'O' and fulfill my duties and responsibilities as the shadow master."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1076 on: August 28, 2010, 01:37:48 AM »
Kiana sat there looking like a small child as Hajime spoke to Korius, feeling like a kid caught in the middle of an important conversation its parents were having. After Hajime helped Korius out of the room, Kiana let out a sigh. "He's never going to listen to me..." She said softly then lifted herself off the floor. She walked slowly out of the operation room, glancing over at White and Vo as she passed, then continued out of the medical center. She walked over to the Inn and up to her room in a lazy fashion. When she entered the room, she shut the door behind her and walked over to the bed, dropping her staff on the floor and flopping down on her bed. She fell asleep soon after her head hit the pillow.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1077 on: August 28, 2010, 01:50:16 AM »
*Holding his nose now to prevent the blood from leaving it he took the knife cautiously* "I didn't name you master because I like to think of most people as friends, I am sorry I disrespected you." *He flipped it in his free hand and flipped it closed* "It was worth the wait, well balanced as promised, thank you for giving it to me." *He bowed for a moment and walked away with the glint of a tear looking at the blood on the top of his paw, but he shrugged it off putting his hand to his side as he focused on healing his face and continued up the stairs* "It's amazing that people will hurt or even kill over a simple label or logo. I don't hold it against her, but the culture that enticed the idea. If I were disrespectful, I don't think Korius would have brought me with him. Gaia be with him."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:51:54 AM by White Wolf Guardian »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1078 on: August 28, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
Talin was lead to the room where Elistra was waiting, from that moment and for ten minutes straight, they kissed, hugged, and did all sorts of lovey-dovey stuff until Talin broke away.

"Mo told me you had to stay here, because of the child." "With the way the nurses act, I seriously doubt you could sneak me out anyway..." Elistra pointed out with a smirk, and it spread to Talin's face as well. But his went away first since he needed to admit a few things.

"I've got more to work on than just my anger, which is why I'll need my needles back." She slowly nodded, and took the thigh back off and tossed it to Talin, who instantly strapped it on upon catching it.

"I'm still amazed that you began to believe the ruse you set up. I'm also amazed that nobody wondered why I would be using needles if I was Dragon-kin, but I guess since we became mates they assumed anything else was possible." Talin let out a half-hearted chuckle as he balanced a needle on his finger.

"I'll need to practice with these again, two years can do some degradation to the hand-eye-coordination." "Just promise me that you won't lose to your ancestor, Father already hates me for leaving the cave, coming back with a child would do nothing to prove my worth as a warrior." Talin looked at the window, then sighed and shrugged.

"He is the last archmage, and he is capable of using two elements that don't mix naturally. The only thing I got going for me is being able to think on my feet and some acrobatic skills. But, if I make it through tomorrow, I'll promise to come back and master the incantation." Elistra snuck up on him as he spoke, and wrapped her arms around him and led him towards a couch.

"Tomorrow can wait, we have at least forty-five minutes to make this a farewell to remember..." Talin was going to say 'you read my mind', but she slung' him onto the couch and leaped on top of him...

When the hour was up, he gave her one last kiss before getting up and walking out. Elistra then curled up and went to sleep as Talin went to the Inn and arrive in time for last call on food.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1079 on: August 29, 2010, 04:47:17 AM »
Drevo woke up the next morning sore, with his head in pain. "What...Happened...?" He sat up holding his head and looked around. There were questionable objects lying about the room, and upon further inspection he noticed Alexia next to him. Asleep, and naked. He also noticed at that time he too was naked. "Oh god...We didn't...Did we? I don't even remember anything...What did she give me? What did she DO to me? Man...I'm so going to get Ferdande for this..."