The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128930 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1080 on: August 29, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
Lo walked into Kitt's bedroom, pulling back the curtains to allow bright sunlight in. She hummed under breath as she walked, dark cloak fluttering around her as she walked up to the bed "Wake up young Ranger.... Its a new day!" Kitt took one look out of his bed, groaned, and rolled over to pull the covers over his head. Lo frowned, prodding the bedspread with the tip of her sword "C'mon... Up, up, up, up!"

Finally losing patience, Lo grabbed the bedspread, and yanked it straight off. Kitt gave a sleepy mewl of surprise and attempted to pull it back. Lo smirked, grabbing him by the scruff of the neck "A Ranger wakes early... I hope illness has not made you soft..." Kitt grumbled, pulling out of her grip and grabbing the autumnal Ranger cloak. Lo nodded, walking back out of the room "Dressed, bed made... Breakfast and then training..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1081 on: August 29, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »
Korius woke up groggy, but not sore. Hajime had already been standing at his door, "I see even the most foul-tasting substances can't lower your guard while you slumbered. Come, we spar until breakfast. I'd say we have 2 hours before everyone else wakes up for meals. Let's start without Ki or chakra, I want to see how far you've come in strength and technique." The two left the Inn and went down into the training area under the tavern. 2 hours later, the two of them emerged from underneath, completely battered and bloodied, but laughing heartily as they staggered into the tavern. Vo came out from the kitchen with Lo and Mo to serve food and they all had a very surprised look on their faces, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU TWO!?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1082 on: August 29, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
When Kiana awoke the next morning she found herself lying on the floor next to her staff. She figured she had tossed and turned a lot in her sleep. Grabbing her staff, she stood up and straightened out her clothes. She left the Inn and went to the tavern, entering the door just in time to hear the question that was being exclaimed. She looked up to see Korius and Hajime and felt herself feeling a little jealous about how happy they looked. Once again, that true emotion didn't show and she just looked like she normally did. She took a seat at the table, leaning her staff against the wall, then untied her braid. She combed her fingers through her hair so it wasn't messy anymore then re-braided and re-tied it. The look on her face while she did her hair said that she wasn't interested in what was going on around her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1083 on: August 29, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »
*White yawned and stretched, first feeling his nose and seeing that it was better and flipped open his knife* "Ahhh... much better with a new friend." *He petted the unsharpened swedge side to feel the cool metal on the heat of his paw then flipped the knife closed with his hand and put it away in his robe* "Alright time to go get breakfast at the tavern! I think the training is probably about done with, so I wonder what Korius plans to do next. Haven't exactly been updated on the plans since I had originally considered leaving the group and decided it was best not to know. So it's probably a good idea to ask and then perhaps get some sort of idea of what we'll be dealing with." *The wolf look around after thinking, noticing the bench he was just laying on and then the buildings around himself* "Oh right... I fell asleep here, was a bit hot last night." *Noticing the tavern off to the right of his view, he made his way in that direction*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1084 on: August 30, 2010, 01:14:48 AM »
Talin woke up to a rather uncomfortably empty room, and remembered that he couldn't sleep with Elistra anymore. He got up and expected the horns to be gone, but got a bit of a surprise as the horns were still there, and his head resembled what he thought a 'wolgon'-kin would have. He banged his head into the dresser, in hopes of the change being only a self-made illusion, only to have his horns stuck in the wood.

"Well, on the bright side, at least my fur hasn't fallen off my face..." He mumbled as he pried his head off the dresser and strapped on his volge as he walked downstairs. The feeling of her arm around his waist was just that, and it was a mild annoyance that his body wouldn't stop reminding him of what he currently no longer had.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:16:34 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1085 on: August 30, 2010, 06:25:03 PM »
Drevo sat at the table leaning on his hand. He was trying not to think about what might have happened the previous night. He noticed Korius all battered along with Hajime in relatively the same condition. Then Ferdande walked in behind the two with a sigh at them. He saw Drevo and walked over to him. "Hey, Drevo, nice to see you alive and well. How was your birthday surprise?" "I'm not even sure..." Drevo sighed. "Hmm...Well, I know today is your real birthday, technically, so I got you something." Drevo turned around in his seat to look at him. "Oh really? And here I thought you forgot." Ferdande reached into a pouch on his waist and pulled out a small scroll. He handed it to Drevo and he took it examining it. "And this is...?" "Knife trick." Drevo's face lit up like a kid opening the Christmas present he's been always wanting. "I had it made especially for you, though you only get one use. But yeah...Don't mention it." He got up and hugged Ferdande. "Oh my God this is awesome! Thank you thank you thank you! You're the best, Ferdande!" "Uhm...Actually, it's not Ferdande anymore." "Huh?" Drevo said, raising an eyebrow and ceasing to hug him. Ferdande pulled down his shirt a bit revealing the shadow symbol. "You could say I was promoted...I kinda have to change my name now. It's Fo." "Fo? Does it mean something cool?" "Uh..." "What ever, I'll still call you Ferdande." "I expected that, anyway, get some food, just because it's your birthday doesn't mean I'm going easy on you today." Ferdande said as he started to walk off.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1086 on: August 30, 2010, 10:12:38 PM »
Kitt walked into the Tavern, making sure not to meet anyone's eyes as he did so... Sitting down at a bench he sighed, watching Kiana braid and tie her hair. He ate quietly, sitting with his hood up and fringe hanging sparsely over his eyes. The tips of his hair glinted silver when they caught the light, as Lo sat down beside  him "So... Official Ranger of the clan Szarda... Hows breakfast?" Kitt looked up, shrugging. Lo sighed, laying a clawed hand on his shoulder "Look... As soon as you've finished... Why dont we get down to some real Ranger tricks, eh?... I reckon we have enough time before you leave...." She stood back up, leaving Kitt to eat alone at the table...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1087 on: August 31, 2010, 12:14:47 AM »
Hajime chuckled as she sat down at the head of the table, seen being served food for the first time to anyone. "Here here, let us raise a toast to our guests of honor. This is our last day of training, so let's make it the best we can. So for now, let us eat heartily, we won't be eating until supper time. No mid-day meal today." Korius raised his goblet with the others and took a small sip. "Don't worry, children, no alcohol in the morning, it's merely cider." Korius eyed Hajime for a second and downed the rest of the cup, his face cringed at the taste and he gagged a little. "Except yours, Korius. Your goblet is 50% potion, it's required to accelerate your healing again, like myself." Sneaky wench... Korius looked around the table and surveyed the others. It felt exceptionally odd and out of place, being back to his full power. He noticed every little detail about everyone, from their fitness to even the magic users' Majicka levels. It had been ages since Korius was able to sense others to this magnitude. He even sensed Kiana's emotions, and how they were directed towards him, as well as Talin's drifting out of the building, most likely towards Elistra.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1088 on: August 31, 2010, 01:37:35 AM »
Kiana raised her goblet when Hajime made the toast but just set it back down on the table instead of taking a drink from it when the toast was over. She took a bite of food and smirked when Korius gagged on his drink. It amused her slightly. She only ate half of the food on her plate, not taking one drink from her goblet, before she rose from the table. She went around to where Bo was sitting and grabbed him by the arm. "Come on, I want to train now. Bring your plate if you must." She said, tugging on his arm. "Even if I have to do something stupid to make up for making our training start early, I don't care." She knew she'd probably regret what she had just said but at the moment she didn't care. She just wanted to get as strong as possible before they had to leave.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1089 on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:41 AM »
*Walking in the the building, the wolf quickly noticed the Hajime's loud toast and confirmation of today being the last training day before returning to the field* "Cheers!" *The wolf picked up  a  free standing glass of apple cider on the table and downed it merrily* "That always tastes good no matter what time of day it is, I wonder what *Master* Vo has in store for me today. Apparently there is no warning to the traditions of this village with that being said I should probably ask if there's any other taboos in the dialect since I know nothing about outside cultures, I've been stuck in a small town my entire life. I would have though someone of such age would have understood that and patience. Though this world is continually full of surprises... I wonder where she is now?"

*He looked around and then turned around to make sure she wasn't stalking him again and hiding somewhere* "As soon as I give up, she's going to scare me again." *He shuddered at the thought* 
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1090 on: September 01, 2010, 01:30:38 AM »
Talin kept to himself as he took his plate of food and cider, then sat at the back corner as he ate and studied the book. He soon just tossed it away as the book didn't help him get any better if he couldn't understand what was written I just need to eat, reading that book just reminds me of her. He went back to eating until there was a piece of meat sitting right on the middle of the plate. He opened up the satchel of needles and entertained himself by sticking needles into them, then balancing another needle on top of two others.

He tired of that as well, and pulled out the needles before eating the last piece of meat.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:22:06 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1091 on: September 01, 2010, 03:48:21 AM »
Drevo turned back around tucking his new scroll happily into his robe. He then chugged his cider, believing it was some form of alcohol. But to his disappointment it wasn't. So he went to eating the food on his plate. It was primarily chicken and chicken related food items, he almost thought Alexia had her hand in crafting this particular dish. That thought made him hesitant to even eat it but his stomach you could say kicked him in the behind to get him to start eating. A little into the dish, he didn't feel anything, so no "Birthday surprise" today. Thankfully...

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1092 on: September 01, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
Kitt and Lo walked out of the tavern together after breakfast, walking towards the small woods where they trained each day... As they walked Kitt glanced over at her, thinking "Lo.... When was the last time you saw a proper Ranger?"

She stopped, frowning "Well I'm looking at one now arent I?"
 Kitt shook his head, stopping as well "Besides me... When was the last time you ever saw anybody from my Clan.... Or indeed any of the clans..."

Lo stuttered, as if about to speak, and then stopped. She looked down at Kitt, sorrow in here eyes "You are the first for many years... The Ranger clans are nowhere near as numerous as they once where... And they tend to keep to their respective territories... Clan Szarda in the great forest of Kazyen, Clan Isha in the mountains of Urayl... And so forth...

She sighed, gripping his shoulder tightly "But that is not what matters... You are here to continue the blood line, albeit in a rather unorthodox fashion..." She smiled, pulling him now "Come on... Enough dilly-dallying... More training..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1093 on: September 02, 2010, 12:33:10 AM »
Mo appeared in front of Lo and Kitt, pointing back towards the tavern, eying Lo with a stern look to remind her where she was to take Kitt for training today and why. Lo nodded and looked down a bit, a little embarrassed that she had already forgotten what she was told only an hour before, and led the new Ranger back to the tavern and towards the trap door. Mo followed them back in and grabbed Talin by the ear on the way as the wolf finished his last bit of food. "You're mine, now."

Vo patted White softly on the shoulders. "Come, child. It's time we finished your training. We'll be in the training room today instead of the infirmary. We'll be on the far wall to right with Bo and Lady Kiana." She gave a warm smile and pulled the wolf by the foot as a surprise. And almost in tune and timing with Mo, "You're mine, now."

Bo was really excited when he heard what Kiana had said. When they were on the ground in the training room, he pulled out the same, stringy piece that he had produced the other day and handed it over to Kiana with a cheesy, and very obviously perverted, anxious look on his face. Alright, I get to see all of her!

Fo led Drevo downstairs after he was done with his meal. "Alright, our goal today is to get you to stand after taking a hit before supper time. Remember, this is our last training session together, do it well. And also, Korius is gonna be there, so show him your determination."

Korius felt revitalized after his meal. He and Hajime headed for the stairs behind the bar with everyone at the same time. Of course, they all left 15 minutes after Kiana had already dragged Bo away. Korius and Hajime were the first to get down. Kiana and Bo were on the far end on the right, so he couldn't see very well since the training area is so large. When everyone was down, Hajime spoke up, "Ok, dears, listen up. Kiana's already in her usual station, but the rest of you will be having a bit of a change. Vo, I know you wanted to be near where Kiana's training, but you're staying here at the stairs, so your books might survive. Fo, take Drevo directly to this right corner. Mo will be taking Talin directly to the left corner. You boys can have your brawl there. And Talin, try to keep it away from the stairs, though I doubt Mo will be able to handle that. Lo, take the right section in the middle. You will have plenty of room there. I'll try to keep Korius' training contained as much as possible, if he loses it, you all know what to do. Good luck to everyone. Today's our last day of training, make the best of it."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1094 on: September 02, 2010, 01:41:03 AM »
Kiana wasn't surprised in the slightest to see the string-of-an-outfit brought out by Bo again. It was pretty much what she had expected. She stood there for about five minutes just looking at the thing as Bo held it before she finally snatched it away from him and walked over so she was standing right in the corner. "Don't get too excited. You're not getting a free peep show. You'll see enough once this is on me. You don't need to see the tiny parts it actually manages to cover." She said as she turned to face out away from the corner, looking at him. She brought up a wall of rock to complete the triangle of earth that would be her changing room for the moment. While behind the wall, she took her time changing because even though she had urged Bo that they start their training early, it was mainly an excuse to get away from her thoughts and the cause(s) of them. By the time she had finished changing and had set her folded clothes in the corner, Hajime had started speaking. She climbed the wall and looked over the top while Hajime was speaking. When Hajime was done, Kiana dropped back down onto her feet. "Alright, let's get started..." Kiana said and dropped the wall so it wasn't hiding her anymore.