The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128926 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1110 on: September 06, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
Kitt continued to train with Lo, the targets at the end of the archery range becoming so clogged with crossbow bolts they finally had to pause to pull them all out. Frowning, Lo nodded "Enough with the bow.... You have great skill with it, a true Ranger after your father, but your opponent will not always allow you the luxury of fighting him from afar... Draw your sword, and i shall show you how you can draw upon the magica stored in it, as well as improve on your still meagre swordplay..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1111 on: September 07, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »
Korius' battle with Hajime had been intense for the entire first hour. Sweat had begun dripping from Korius' brow, and his body was feeling the strain of using so much Ki for the first time in many years. He had plenty of Ki left, but his body was not used to exerting this much in a day. Korius began thinking of ways to limit the Ki usage without dropping his defense. Hajime was giving her all, and he cannot afford to do less than his best. A flashback entered Korius' mind, back to the day when he was only 8 years old. He was sitting in front of his master. "Now do you understand, Korius? If your body cannot sustain your output or you are running out of Ki, there is a way to utilize it that you can maintain your high power without using up too much Ki. By combining it with your fighting ability, you can create a power that can transcend even that of the Guardians someday..." Korius snapped to in time to see all four Hajimes surround him with lightning-enhanced swords. He quickly slammed a fist into the ground and created a shockwave barrier that knocked away the four ninjas. As the dust settled, Korius took a fighting stance, but what was surprising to Hajime was that Korius' eyes were glowing very bright red and lightning ran along his left arm while fire ran along his right. Vo was the first to rush over, but Hajime stuck an arm out, which kept the others from joining in and stopping Vo in her tracks. "No... I think he's finally found his peace. He has not lost himself to the darkness and his Ki output is lower than the beginning of the spar session. It's the very first time that I've actually felt such a fear inside me..." Hajime's arms shuddered a little as she watched Korius, trying to see through him like before. However, her sense of his change kept her from seeing through it, or even guessing it.

Mo smirked and blocked the volge with his pompadour, surprising Talin. "This isn't just for looks and storage, kid." Mo perried Talin's volge to the side and swung his pompadour into Talin's stomach, sending the wolf back a few feet, though he wasn't surprised that the partial hybrid ended up landing on his feet. "Not bad. I can get into this." Just then, he felt Korius' little change and was about to follow Vo when he noticed Hajime's signal to not go. He grit his teeth and concentrated back onto Talin.

Lo, Fo, and Bo also noticed, but also went back to their training sessions at Hajime's command. Bo, though, did not return his full attention back to Kiana and face planted right through one of the stones she hurled his way, but he kept moving only staggering for 2 seconds. Dammit!

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1112 on: September 07, 2010, 01:42:12 AM »
Kiana noticed when she finally hit Bo but wasn't satisfied in the slightest. Bo had been distracted so in her mind the hit didn't count. She wouldn't be happy with herself until she landed a hit that was actually fair. Of course she knew that in real combat sometimes she would need to rely on someone getting distracted to strike a good blow. As she thought about everything, she stood there and didn't move for a few minutes. Then without warning she started sending attacks at Bo again, trying to be two steps ahead of him as she thought about where he might move to next.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1113 on: September 07, 2010, 02:21:25 AM »
*The wolf spotted Bo touching Kiana inappropriately and slammed his book shut getting up rather quickly zoning on them across the room, noticing it for the second time* "What kind of training is that?! He shouldn't touch her like that! Master Vo how you can that even be permitted?!" *He looked quite upset and angry* "I can't stand such men." *He clenched his left fist, making a glowing white aura around it forming a miniature shield around his hand* "If you don't mind, I would like to confront him. My books aren't going anywhere..." *He dropped his book next to his feet, then slid it with his foot to the corner of the step* "I mean come on! You can't just let that kind of behavior flourish!"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1114 on: September 07, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
Talin smiled as he stood up to stretch. He was pleasantly surprised that the hit was more of a push than an actual impact.

He is probably holding back, but was that half his power, or a tenth?He jumped towards Mo and swung his volge down, and noticed Mo side-step in anticipation. The moment the volge came down, he switched hands and did another swing at Mo.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1115 on: September 07, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
Ferdande called off the beaten his clones had been giving Drevo after turning his attention back to them after almost going to help Hajime. "What are you doing...? Giving up so soon?" "Not quite." Ferdande chuckled. "You seem to endure my clones quite well, I think it's time for me to step in. Take you to the next level...And after that...I'm going to let Alexia loose on you." "Fine...I can take ya..." "I'll give you a chance to rest, but this is your only chance...Do you want five minutes?" "Are you kidding me...? Bring it on already!" "He's getting stronger..." Ferdande casually walked over to Drevo and stared at him for a moment as he held his pose. Then in a split second punched him in the gut, though not as hard as he usually would. It did nothing. He then followed up with a roundhouse to the face which made him stumble. But he quickly retook the stance again starting to take more blows that increased in strength. If he flinched or stumbled Ferdande did the same move until it didn't affect him then stepped it up a level.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1116 on: September 07, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
Kitt stood doubled-over, panting and heaving with his sword lying in the dirt of the training room floor. Lo circled him, claws clicking as she walked, thin rapier held to his neck "You are still a sloppy swordsman... Though the small magics i have taught you can help swing a fight in your favour, you cannot rely on them... What you should be able to rely on, is your ability to swing a sword properly..." She picked up his sword from the floor, throwing it to him easily with one hand "Again... This time try to move with the fight, rather than standing like some puppet..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1117 on: September 09, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »
Vo grabbed White by the collar of his tunic and pulled him back. "It's part of Lady Kiana's training, whether you like it or not. Kiana has much pride in her and her spells are also affected by her emotions. Unless she can stand up to that lecher at his prime, she won't be able to control her own magic when it comes to other situations. Whether it be under intense stress in battle, or even an accidental walking in on her naked. If you insist on going over, I'll have to disable your legs. Lady Kiana accepted her training. It's none of your business how it proceeds."

The second swipe merely passed through Mo. It was a shadow. An arm came from underneath the ground and grabbed hold of Talin's leg. A pompadour popped up as Talin was pulled down into the ground, the pompadour nailing Talin between the legs. The pompadour sank back into the ground and Mo rose from the ground a few feet away. "If you insist on playing around, then don't expect to get anything serious from me. This is the time to be testing YOUR strength, not mine."

Bo kept his speed up alongside with his dashing and darting. Now it's time to step the game up and give her some incentive to push her limit. As Bo would pass Kiana by, he now poked at the skimpy, stringy outfit, making a small hole. "I'm sure you know what I'm doing now. Remember, if you don't want Korius to see it all again..."

Hajime looked at Korius with a devilish smile that almost seemed evil and mad (crazy mad, that is). "The flow of positive Ki. The sign of one finding peace within himself, rather than relying on the dark Ki of his anger and malice. However, I wonder how long you can hold onto that peace." The Hajimes made quick hand gestures and  placed their hands into their stomachs, which seem to sink right through. "On my chest, bear the mark 常 (infinity). I possess a specific ninjutsu that no other ninja in history has ever possessed, not even Master Koara." From within her, the Hajimes pulled and threw a large barrage of bladed weaponry, all bursting with various elements: Ice, lightning, cutting wind, sharp earth, glass, shadows. Korius let out a howling roar, creating another shockwave, but only half of the weapons were knocked off course. "It symbolizes the full spectrum of Chakra with infinite possibilities!" Korius quickly slammed a fist into the ground and caused the earth to form a wave to deter the weapons. However, the shadow and wind cutter weapons pierced right through it and Korius was forced to dodge. Despite his heightened speed, he was still nicked in various areas. Korius kept his cool, and countered by drawing the katana for the first time. He made several wind cutters before rushing in behind it.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1118 on: September 09, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
Kiana could feel her anger rising. "How'd he know about that?" She thought as she sent more spells Bo's way. "Oh, nevermind how he knows, you fool. Focus." And with that, she paused for a moment, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. After she centered herself and brushed off her anger, she started sending more spells at Bo, looking more focused and determined than ever to bring him down.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1119 on: September 10, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »
*With what Vo had told the wolf, he calmed and sat back down* "I like my legs, I don't want them paralyzed... but if you hadn't said that, I would have approached him!"  *He growled and went back to reading his book, pinching the skin with one hand above his nose because of his irritation* "I still don't agree with such training, but I will put up with it since I don't have a choice." *He focused on the pages and the text flowed as it did once before, sending him into a concentrated field of energy, the knowledge from the tome flowing into him as his eyes crept across page after page*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1120 on: September 10, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »
Talin's eyes bugged out as the pompadour made contact, and he had to lean on his volge again to keep from hitting the floor. "You dodged my first attack, so I went into a second attack. If that is 'playing around'..." he tightened up his legs and lept right at Mo, who simply took a step to the left to avoid the hit.

However, when Talin landed just a few feet behind Mo, there was a sliver of red on the tip of the blade, as well as a shallow cut on Mo's cheek. "Then I don't have the option to miss the first hit." He tried to crack a smile as the attack took its toll; it had been a long time since he pushed himself to swing that quickly.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1121 on: September 10, 2010, 07:15:17 PM »
The sound of clashing steel and sparks continued to come from the archery range. Lo pushed Kitt to the very extremes of his swordskills and reactions, drawing him into every faster ducks dives, weaves dodges, parries and swipes. Blades flashed and collided, sending up bright blue and gold sparks as enchanted metal met violently "Faster! Do not think, simply act, let the power of the ritual and your training take over!" Lo shouted inbetween swings, goading Kitt as he parried... "You can do better than this!..." She swung again, blade flying to meet Kitt's.

Suddenly her sword was no longer in her grasp, but embedded in the dirt several metres away, humming where it stuck out of the ground. Kitt swung his blade in a lazy arc, lines of shining gold flames running down the length of his Ranger's sword. He brought it up to her chest height, the very tip of the blade hovering inches from her flesh, before he dropped it back down.

Lo sighed, smiling "Much better... Though there is still one thing we must get rid of first... Your cockiness..." With that she grasped his sword between the flat of her palms, kick-twisting it out of his grip and into the air, from where she caught it deftly... "It is your cockiness that will get you killed in a fight..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1122 on: September 11, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »
Mo ran a thumb over the little cut, which disappeared as the thumb passed over. "Oh? Someone WAS holding out. See what happens when you try? You begin to be able to hit me when I'm standing still."

Bo poked a few more holes and copped a few more feels as time wore on, however, it had become more difficult to do so as Kiana had pushed her speed and power after his little statement. He made another pass, but went face first into a pillar and flipped over it with his body's momentum, poking another hole in her outfit before bouncing out. For the first time, the poke caused a tiny tear in the outfit. Despite his physical and mental state, Bo smirked, "Uh-oh. It seems that you're tearing quite a bit."

Hajime's clone blocked the wind-cutter, but it was stronger than expected and the clone disappeared. Through the smoke from the clone's demise, Korius ran a straight thrust right at Hajime. The other two clones parried the thrust and Hajime closed in with a powerful punch which sent Korius flying up to the ceiling. Korius concentrated his Ki into the katana as he rotated in the air and landed softly on his feet against the ceiling. Before falling to the ground, he began to swing the katana at a blurring speed. Thousand death strike! As Korius descended, a barrage of wind cutters preceded him, laying waste to the ground all over the place underneath him. The two clones deflected the blades to protect the real Hajime, but became overwhelmed as Korius closed in. In a quick notion, Hajime made quick hand gestures and drew her wakizashi, matching Korius' strike's speed and clashing blades with him, sending a shockwave that seemed to push through the whole training area.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1123 on: September 11, 2010, 01:33:38 AM »
Kiana smirked when one of her attacks actually hit but her happiness was short-lived. The tear in the outfit caused by Bo's poke made her mood slightly sour again. "You can't let me have anything, can you?" She asked, standing there looking at him with her arms crossed. "I get a proper hit in on you and you still have to ruin it for me by keeping up with your games." As the shockwave ran through the training grounds, she remained rooted to the spot where she was standing, only "swaying" about an inch in the direction that the shockwave was going. "You never set an amount of time that I had to wear this thing so I could just change now and end your fun..." She said as she started to walk over to the corner where her regular outfit was lying.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1124 on: September 11, 2010, 04:33:54 AM »
Talin could only laugh at the remark as he regained his breath. This fight was turning sour quickly, since it took him about five seconds to recover from the leap, and he couldn't keep leaping like that past ten times. He instead did a smaller leap, and let his knee slide along the ground while he sent the blade right at Mo's knees...