The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128918 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1140 on: September 21, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
Talin had stuck to his little 'corner' of the training area when the lights went out, but didn't show any concern or even any consious thought as he waited for Mo to return. The moment he returned, Talin's eyes lit up before standing on the balls of his feet. He lazily hopped back and forth a few centimeters as he stared Mo in the eyes. "What purpose do I serve, if Korius can beat me in terms of strength, White and Kiana in terms of magic, and Kitt in terms of ranged combat?" In two steps he closed the gap between him and Mo before making a 'power' swing at his head. Mo lowered his head so Talin would hit the pompadour but instead of blocking it, the blade actually cut into the hair-shield. There was anger in the strike, but it was not rising or falling in the slightest.

"Will beating you give me my answer?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1141 on: September 21, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
While White pulled Drevo along he managed to watch the spectacle between Korius and Hajime, when he was set down he got a better look and couldn't really look away. When White spoke to him he almost didn't hear him he was so focus. He stood up saying "It's fine, I'll live. Thanks for fixing me up again. I know it happens all too often." He also brushed himself off, still looking at Korius in almost awe it would seem. It wasn't awe, more as a sudden realization of his and his own power levels, how far apart they were. Drevo pictured the two standing next to each other, Korius looking over at him in a heroic pose much larger than Drevo with his smug grin. Drevo had his arms folded looking the opposite direction with a "What ever" look on his face as if he weren't impressed. His face was stricken with a sudden grief taking over the awe as he looked down. "If I can't surpass him...Or even close the gap between us...How can I expect to save anyone? All I am is a hindrance..." He scratched behind his ear, took his usual nonchalant expression and casually strolled back over to Ferdande who had returned from the two's fight. "I still have a long way to go..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1142 on: September 21, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
Lo pulled Kitt up, handing him his father's crossbow and his quiver of bolts "Now we continue to train... Load your crossbow with five bolts and fire them one at a time at the target, each time you must hit within the innermost circle..." Kitt frowned, looking from the bow to the target... It seemed too easy... he leaned down, locking the bolts in place in their wooden stack. It was as he locked the second bolt into the magazine that Lo slapped him across the back of the head, hard...

She smirked, slapping him again as he gave a brief shout of pain "You think I'd make this easy? How do you expect to load and fire that bow consistently if you are in the middle of a fight, arrows and noise all around..." She slapped him across the back of the head again, each time making him fumble with the bolts "Come on, concentrate!"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1143 on: September 22, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »
The pompadour held strong against the volge and Mo looked Talin in the eyes, the utmost seriousness emanating from them. "You increase your skill level first. Power is never the first thing you focus on. Unlike you, Korius was born into war, without family, and was surrounded by combat every minute of his life. His power is the result of post-skill training. Having power is useless if you can't hit or correctly execute a technique. Beating me would be quite the feat. Your goal is to sharpen every swing, add more precision to every strike, and perfect your technique." Mo deflected the volge and gave a few quick shots to the stomach before withdrawing and sent a torrent of needles at Talin.

Fo crossed his arms and sighed at Drevo's comment. "The only reason Korius has even reached that level was due to a ton of different reasons. For starters, he was found at the doorstep without memory and grew up in a monastery during the last war. Fighting's all he knows. As for his Ki, it only rose because he's had it suppressed all these years while still getting stronger. You have no Ki, but neither does Elistro. But it is still possible to become as strong within your lifetime. Though your progression will be exceptionally slower, you can do it. Elistro has, which is why he is Kyzan's right-hand man. Not as strong as Guardians, but the closest aside from Korius." He gave a wink and smile to Drevo and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You may not like it, but Korius will be able to take you the rest of the way. I can only give you the key."

Vo sighed as she dragged White back over to the stairs. "Ok, sonny, break time's over. Let's go."

Bo took a deep breath and transformed back into his powerful form. "Let's pick up where we left off."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:26:05 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1144 on: September 23, 2010, 12:06:57 AM »
Kiana tried to make it so Bo didn't detect her rise in Majicka level too soon. She sent her first attack at him with her back still turned and did it as swiftly as she could. After that she then turned and sent another attack at Bo, and another. She did her best not to pause in between spells and keep a continuous flow of attacks going at Bo. Watching his movements, she tried to be one step ahead or at least to be able to guess where he might move to next. She wasn't going to give him a chance to stop and relax, just like she wasn't giving herself a chance to stop and relax.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1145 on: September 23, 2010, 01:19:10 AM »
*He got up and brushed the dirt off of his back* "Back to what?....Oh" *He then remembers the books and then turns to the apparently finished reading lying on the steps* "That was done some time ago, I was trying to re-read a few of them over again." *He scratched his head nervously* "You got any more books? I couldn't really get more out of them though I wanted to make sure, but you were busy so I didn't really want to bother you that much Master Vo." *He stood a bit of a distance just incase she pummeled him again for in some way being disregarding*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1146 on: September 23, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »
Talin wrapped his arm over the area that Mo hit, then took a drowning breath as he swung the flatside of his volge to knock away most of the oncoming needles. He could only manage to change his position by about an inch, so that two of the ten remaining needles barely missed him.

"Normally, this falls into the area of 'hipocrisy'." Talin pulled out three needles that were just hanging off his abdomen before getting close again for an upward swing.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1147 on: September 23, 2010, 04:52:53 PM »
"...He's a jerk...But I have to get stronger..." Drevo said looking off to the right at their area of training. He brushed Ferdande's hand off his shoulder and walked over to the area with his hands behind his head. Ferdande simply chuckled and walked after him. "He sure is anxious to reach Korius' level, I don't even think he'll accept he can't...I just hope he doesn't push himself." "Let's pick up where we left off, shall we?" Drevo turned to Ferdande and took a fighting stance. "Yes, lets." Ferdande created a few clones, sent them at Drevo and followed up behind them. Two of them leaped forward into a punched which he blocked. Then another came from below with a kick to trip him but he jumped up as the real Ferdande jumped over head behind him. Ferdande landed behind him, pushed off the ground and landed a kick to Drevo's back and sent him flying through the air and into the ground. Drevo got back up and used the distance to take the time and get into the proper stance. The clones and Ferdande got back to him and started going at him with a flurry of punches and kicks.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1148 on: September 23, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
Kitt fired another shot, striking the bulls-eye of the target for the final time. Lo raised her hand as if to knock him across the back of the head again, and lowered it, smiling "Good... Hopefully you should be able to block out distractions as you train..." She crossed her arms, motioning to the targets "Go again... Twelve shots as fast as you possibly can, but you must still be consistent with you accuracy... The more you practice the better you will get..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1149 on: September 24, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
Mo merely deflected Talin's attack with a swift arm and hit the wolf in the chest without disturbing his momentum and flipped Talin right over his head. As Talin landed, a needle could be seen sticking out of his body. "There's a nice little mark there for you to think about. I think the best way for you to learn perfection of your technique is to see where your openings are." Training resumed without a hitch, but with Mo no longer taunting the horned wolf.

Bo maintained his dodging and weaving, though he was caught slightly off-guard by Kiana's surprise attack because her hands had been in front of her, and her attacks had emanated from there. Kiana's attack had just nicked his arm, but it didn't bother him. The training session was long and strenuous. Heh heh. She's got the spunk. She probably hasn't even realized how much more Majicka and stronger she's increased in these last days.

Vo smirked, "Why, I didn't think you had it in you, child. Here's the rest" Vo pulled a scroll out of her robe and unrolled it. On it, were numerous identical seals, but one was missing in the middle. "Each of these seals has 100 books in them. You've finished 1 seal. Since you are so happy with yourself, read the last 900 books." Vo tossed the scroll which then seemed to float around her as she made quick hand gestures. Seal Removal Jutsu In the blink of an eye, White became surrounded by a mountain of books. "Let me know when you're done with these."

Fo stopped the training for a bit and smiled a bit at Drevo. "Alright, that took less time than we thought it would. I guess we have time to teach you blocking in that stance now. I'm not gonna lie, you're going to be falling really easily again. It's going to feel like you're starting from the beginning again, but that's the point of the technique. You learn to ground yourself in that stance as a starter. Then, you learn to block, and then you progress from there. Learning each thing one at a time allows you to build the technique and make it your own, which then shows your true affinity. You've already seen what a dark affinity strike looks like since you already saw me do it. Korius had used a fire affinity version earlier, but I guess I kind of distracted you from that. Also, in that last blow with Master Hajime, he used the true form of the technique that combines all the affinities, and then mixed it with his Ki." Lo took a second to turn her head to Fo as she heard this, "Oh, hush, you. You were the only one who saw that strike to its entirety anyways. All we were able to see was one flash." Fo chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck and faced Drevo again, "True, but the point is that you have much to look forward to. Anyways, for blocking, you continually pivot on your right foot (which is in front), using your left foot as your propulsion and break. However, to be fast enough, you'll need to make sure you don't ground that right foot and remain light and your left as well. To make sure it is fully controlled, you make sure that your left foot's toes don't lose contact with the ground, and that your heel is your propulsion. You must also keep your left foot fully extended while rotating. Next, you block only with your right hand, but the key to that is that you return it back to your original stance position right after each block. In other words, if you are barraged, you don't go from blocking one attack to the other. But rather, you block, return, block, return, etc. Like I said, it's going to be just like before, so just bare with it. The upside is that it won't take you as long, since you get the feel for it, and you seem like a wind affinity to me, which is precisely what this particular part of the technique covers. I don't know, I might be wrong. Each affinity does end up looking and doing completely different things, but are still practiced the same way."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1150 on: September 24, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »
Kiana continued her barrage of attacks throughout the training session. She kept going at a fast pace, never slowing down once. Her eyes darted in all directions as she followed Bo's movements although he moved like a blur. As she attacked she continued to try to anticipate where Bo would move to next to try to be ahead of him. It was true that she hadn't realized how much she had improved and gotten stronger. She just thought she was doing so well because she was so focused and determined.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1151 on: September 24, 2010, 07:19:42 PM »
*He chuckled at the newfound pile of books* "Well, tell me when you find one of those challenges I've heard about." *He smirked at Master Vo and sat down picking up the closest book and start to read* "They should have added somewhere on this reading 'guaranteed to last a lifetime' since by the time 900 books are read I should be old or my brain will be sucked out of my head into a few printed papers. But somehow I'll manage." *He poured his peering eyes into the ink and the papers*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1152 on: September 25, 2010, 03:36:48 AM »
Talin adjusted his stance to cover the opening, then felt his volge get heavier as the Dark Staff it was made from was now being drained by Chronin. Sorry, boy, you'll need to perfect the style without any interference from me. Talin grimaced as he could finally experience what it was like with all the handicaps taken off. Talin took another swing, but it was so pathetically slow compared to the first two swings, that Mo couldn't help but laugh before knocking him to the side with a roundhouse kick.

Talin only had a few more moments to recover, then brought up his blade just in time to block another kick before wrapping his right arm around the leg and making a stabbing motion right towards Mo.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1153 on: September 25, 2010, 04:04:45 AM »
"Affinity? Is that some fancy ninja thing...? Is wind better than fire? It is right? Wind can blow out fire." As Drevo explained his logic he thought of a birthday candle with Korius' usual arrogant face on it. It's fire burned largely but Drevo, who was holding the candle, took a deep breath and blew it out. Korius began to cry as Drevo laughed triumphantly. A smug look crept onto Drevo's face as he thought it.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1154 on: September 25, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »
Kitt squinted down the sights of his crossbow, aiming at the third target on the range. He bit his lip and squeezed the trigger, bow jolting in his paws as it spat another silver bolt. At the end of the range the wooden target shattered, blasted apart by the power and accuracy of the shot... Lo nodded, her reptilian face showing no emotion "Rather impressive... I have managed to procure you a new quiver, as well as the best quality bolts I could buy..." She handed Kitt a dark red leather satchel, filled with silver-fletched bolts. She nodded again, ignoring Kitt's repeated thanks "It is the least I can do, after your father and mother's cloaks... I do it because it is my duty to give you the best chance of survival I can..."