The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128914 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1155 on: September 25, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »
Bo chuckled silently to himself as Kiana continued to cast at her normal rate. "You're going to have to hit me with something bigger than that!"

Mo merely hopped up and rotated on the caught leg and bent on it, and evaded the stab, ending up sitting on Talin's shoulder. "I see you are truly on your own strength now. Not bad for a quick improvisation, though. Try harder." He patted Talin's head and twisted out of his grip and landed behind Talin, kicking the horned wolf in the back, sending him over several feet.

Vo snorted the the young wolf's snide comment and merely smacked him upside the head before walking around to survey the others.

Fo face-pawed at Drevo's question and knew fairly what was going in the young knight's mind. "Well, you know how every magic-user can't control what element of magic they can do? People also have an 'affinity' which determines their 'element' in combat. People's affinity is a description of their fighting style. I'm a dark affinity fighter, so when I finished the technique, it came out as an omni-directional shadow strike. People who are wind affinity are usually the ones who are fast and deadly. Their strikes also tend to be sharper than others, also being swifter. Fire affinity is based on raw power. As we saw earlier, it turns the attack into a single directional strike that tears up everything in its way. I've never seen the others, but earth affinity are people who have a strong defense, and also a strong technique. Finally, light affinity warriors are those that are very calm and smart. They are all tactics and abilities. I'm sure if you show Korius enough respect later, he'll show you what all the different affinities look like. However, try not to challenge him on it. His execution of the attack is a complete combination of all 6 affinites melded into one. Korius is the only one who possesses all 6 affinites, which allowed him to even come up with this technique in the first place. Now come one, let's start. I know it'll be frustrating pretty much starting all over again, but it's how you learn this." Fo waited for Drevo to take the stance before he began to bombard Drevo with slaps.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1156 on: September 26, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »
Kiana smirked at Bo's tease. She did a bunch of motions and ended with herself crouched down on the ground with her left hand flat against the ground and her right leg stretched out diagonally behind her while holding her right arm and her staff out parallel to her right leg. It seemed like the motions didn't cause anything to happen but a conclusion like that would have been incorrect. After a few seconds of her staring at where Bo was moving, a rumbling could be heard and felt throughout the training area (and probably on the surface too). All of a sudden the ceiling and the floor moved very swiftly towards each other in the same size and shape of their portion of the training area. There was a hole in the floor area around Kiana that kept her from rising up to be squashed in between the sections of earth so as the floor swiftly rose up she disappeared while staying in the same position.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1157 on: September 26, 2010, 01:57:29 AM »
*Turning his head with the blow, it didn't phase him as much as it would have otherwise* "You and Bo aren't the only ones who can mess around with people." *His gaze darkened for a moment and he set down one book and picked up another* "After awhile these seem to run together like run-on sentences, but then again it's a lot of the same idea behind helping people." *Something caught his attention in his head which sounded a bit farfetched, but he had theorized upon it in some occasions*

"Master Vo, there's something I need to ask you. I was wondering if such things as carry of special elements will increase majicka flux of energy? Such as gems, metals, ore, etc. And more importantly, if I am the only healer, how do you know so much about the actual sensation of performing the ability? I take it the only way that's possible is if you have lived a lot longer than you appear to be of age... or you too are a healer?"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1158 on: September 26, 2010, 10:08:58 PM »
Talin didn't hit the floor this time, even though his trajectory and 'flight' would likely have lead to the result. He scrapped his hardened claws against the floor, landing back on his feet and facing right at Mo at the end of an almost-graceful recovery. He had managed to regain enough endurance to make up for the previous leap, and decided to see if he could get a bigger cut. He lept again at Mo, a bit faster than before since he now had experience with such a jump, and made a swing that only cut the shirt Mo wore. Talin landed only to jump again at a closer angle, his swing being interrupted when Mo tossed a few needles at him.

He landed with a needle sticking right out of his forehead, but surprisngly less tired than expected. One more flaw to fix, although I wonder how he was able to get the needle to stand up while embedded. He gently plucked the needle out before closing the gap again, grabbing Mo's fist as it came from the right, and shifting his volge to block the right arm before elbowing Mo and running him right into one of the columns.

He jumped away the moment he felt Mo hit the wall, and noticed that another needle was sticking out of his shoulder. "These better not be those 'lock-up' needles you jammed into me for three days..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1159 on: September 26, 2010, 11:05:20 PM »
Drevo was wobbling into position when Ferdande began his attack. It easily messed him up as he kept trying to get it right. He eventually managed to tune the hits out long enough to actually start spinning. But a swift and low kick tripped him and he landed on his face. They stopped, allowing him to get up before going back on the attack. He was able to get a few blocks off but fell again. On the ground he looked over to the real Ferdande. "So..What is the Fire affinity weak to? Water?" he asked getting back up. He had become a little dizzy but continued on regardless, pulling off a block or so more every time he got back up.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1160 on: September 27, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
The target was struck again and again in rapid succession, silver bolts speeding across the archery range to land with dull thunks in the red-painted wood. Kitt smirked, loading another rack of ten bolts into his repeater bow. He yanked back the firing mechanism and brought the oak contraption up to one shoulder, lined up the targets and fired again... "Trigger pull, loading pull, trigger pull, loading pull..." He repeated the mantra under his breath as he fired, pulled back the loading mechanism and fired again, striking the targets over and over... Lo watched form the sidelines, rubbing her scaly chin thoughtfully...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1161 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Bo whirled around as the earth around him closed in, dicing the portion around him as it closed shut. He stood at the top, "An attack that can double as a defense. Quite the expression of an Earth element."

Vo sat next to White as he continued to read. "I have followed Master Hajime since the beginning. In fact, we both had the same master back in the day. I am a healer of sorts, but only as a ninja. My specialty is fixing up the body, a medical shinobi, if you will. I may look pretty old, but you are correct. My age far surpasses my appearance. Master Hajime and I have mastered a forbidden jutsu many many many years ago. Obviously, it took me longer. The truth is that the title of 'O' and removal of our real names was a result of our usage of this jutsu, 'O' is not just a proof of strength. It is also an approval seal that they can learn the jutsu. We've been known as many different names over the ages. Mo, Lo, Bo and Fo are from this generation, so they are all still wet behind the ears. However, Master Hajime and I have lived for almost 300 years. We made this village not too long before the Guardians' betrayal. Thanks to that, we were able to preserve the existence of shinobi. Don't tell Talin, but the Master's last identity was traveling trainer, Elistra Maiko. We trained Elistra's father in combat for the war. He may be a jerk, but he named his first-born daughter after the Master in gratitude. However, I think that's what drove him to be a bigger jerk to raising his daughter."

Mo smirked, "I only use one type of needles, unless I lace them with something. However, I won't be driving them as deep that would disrupt your nerves. It's just to show you where you leave yourself open."

Fo scratched the back of his head, "No affinity is stronger over another. This isn't magic. It's merely a person's fighting style. Strength over another is merely based on the fighter's skill. Why many fear Korius is because he can fight with all affinities. His style is that of all styles, if that makes any sense. He's not restricted to an affinity like everyone else."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:40:21 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1162 on: September 28, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »
Kiana could just barely hear Bo through the large amount of rock between them. She shifted her position and did some motions, causing two hands to come up out of the wall and grab a hold of Bo. She flattened her left hand against the wall of rock. After a second all of the rock she had used except for the hands holding Bo turned into sand and she "drilled" her way through it. When she landed on top of the huge sand pile she felt something hit her chest. She looked down at her chest to see the emerald stone, which she had completely forgotten about, dangling there. It only kept her attention for a second or two then she looked at Bo who was behing held by the hands about 50 ft. above the sand pile that was 100 ft. at its tallest point. She smirked and crossed her arms as she looked up at him. She figured the training wasn't over but she wanted to enjoy this moment.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1163 on: September 28, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
"That makes this make more sense, though I don't talk to Talin, in fact I don't think I ever have. Talking of such a secret aloud should not be done with me, I don't really see any good coming from that, but I take it you have some alterior motive in mind. 300 years must be depressing though, can't really get to know anyone because they'll be dead far before you will so I would perhaps seem pointless and that would explain your distance. Not to be judgmental, but now you seem less forboding Master Vo."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1164 on: September 29, 2010, 12:47:54 AM »
Talin shook his shoulder until the needle fell out, then ducked when Mo had used the disctraction to try and score another head-shot. Talin grabbed the leg as it swung over his head, then tossed Mo a few feet into the air before meeting him and trying to knock him back down with a kick to the mid-section. Needless to say, the only way this could have occoured was if Mo let Talin kick a clone into the air.

That is precisely what happened, and the next few moments could only be described as punsihment for being tricked as Mo grabbed Talin by the ear and threw him at the same pillar that he was previously hit against. He then bashed his head against the pillar about two times before letting go of his head and leaning near the blood that was still on the pillar. Talin was completely still for a few seconds, then stubbornly got back up even though all of his limbs shook and his vision was blurry at best.

"Ow..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1165 on: September 29, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
"That's boring...Oh well..." "Maybe I can cut his tail off, hehehe." Drevo got back up from being knocked down during the thought and continued on. He took the position again and started off, blocking more than he normally did before getting knocked down. He kept getting tripped, which was starting to get annoying. He was starting to reach down and try to block it but he wasn't going fast enough. In an instant he thought of a solution however. He tried again, blocking swing after swing until a low kick came to trip him. Instead of blocking it Drevo lifted his left foot which he used for balance to avoid the kick. It worked for a moment until he came crashing down from losing balance. He laid on the ground a moment dizzy. "Damn...No luck..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1166 on: September 29, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
Lo watched as Kitt loosed several shots, hitting the targets again and again. They where moving now, powered by simple clockwork mechanisms the red targets jerked backwards and forwards, but each shot still hit either a bullseye or at least the inner circle. She sighed, snapping her fingers "Enough... You may rest, take a short breather while I collect the bolts..." With that Lo walked away, Leaving Kitt to drop to the floor with a weary sigh. She grinned, walking over to the targets and wrenching out the thick crossbow bolts...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1167 on: September 30, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
Bo smirked, "Not bad for a start, but you have more power than that. Majicka is brimming to come out of that body of yours." A quick flash of light seemed to spark up in random places and the hands burst into the sand they were made of and he descended back to the ground. "I guess I should stop playing around then? My claws are powerful and sharp, but they are the least of your worries here." Bo moved his hands a little slower, barely letting light reflect very quickly off what looked like a metal wire from inside sleeves, a small weight at the end.

Vo eyed the young, white mage with ferocity that sent a cringe down his spine with the more foreboding feeling of impending doom. "I may have lived many years and what we do is our own. But don't think for one second that I'm no stronger than I was when I was in my prime." Her eyes were intense and she let out her own killing intent. Fo took a quick break and called over, "Calm down, please. You want to train him, not kill him. You're slowing him down by sending that through him. Even I'm getting chills over here." Vo turned from White and walked off.

Mo sighed, "Good, you remove all your useless movements and maximize your technique and swings. You're almost fighting on par with when you depended on Chronin's power. Your goal is to fight on par to when you also depended on Elistra. You're almost half-way there. This will be the only help I can give you, but it won't be much." Mo walked up to Talin and struck Talin on three points on the chest, dropping the horned wolf to the floor onto his knees. Mo sat behind Talin and made quick hand gestures before flames engulfed his fingertips. Mo struck over 30 different points throughout Talin's body with lightning speed and precision. Talin roared in pain as he spat a bit of blood. Mo stood up and struck 3 other points, restoring Talin's leg movements. "I just primed your muscles and body energy. They will now flow freely within your body, allowing you probably about 5% more power. Like I said, it's not much, but at least you can now say that you fought with everything you had."

Fo shook his head at Drevo's attempt to use his left leg as a block. "Drevo, I've already told you how each part of your body should function for this technique. Using your momentum leg as a block throws you completely off. And what's more, you can no longer execute the technique, which means that you just committed suicide in the fight."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1168 on: September 30, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
Kiana watched as Bo released himself and descended to her level on the pile of sand. She nodded when he said he should stop playing around. She watched closely as he moved his hands a little slower and watched the weighted wire. "So you really could dice me up into pieces if you were actually trying then..." She said as she looked back up to his face and uncrossed her arms. She was ready to block if he attacked but she wanted to wait and see what he was going to do.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1169 on: September 30, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
"I don't understand why you think that was a bad thing... you seemed a lot friendlier." *He looked down and went back to back to reading and chalking the previous situation up to being just like when he called her Vo without the word Master with it* "I swear some people just look for reasons to attack others, if perhaps it was the part where I played with her on the challenge part, then maybe that would make sense. But obviously I didn't attack again on the subject, so again this really doesn't make sense to me unless she WANTS to be forboding. That would be meaning that her living a long time has indeed affected her relationship with anybody else." *He glanced at her as she walked away*