The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128915 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1170 on: September 30, 2010, 11:42:06 PM »
Talin only twitched for an instant as he started to get accustomed to the pain, then actually caught Mo with a hack that dug a little into the shoulder. But, it only dug a little as Mo had worn a layer of dense cloth that buffeted most of the attack. There was little evidence of blood as he feinted a left turn before kicking him with the right leg, pushing him away for only a second before closing in with a punch to the jaw. He knew he couldn't stay up for much longer, so he sacrificed any chance of a 'speedy' recovery in the attempt to hit Mo as many times as possible.

It seemed to be a good gamble as it was getting difficult for Mo to keep any distance from Talin to get a duplicate prepared. The best he could manage was to dodge his next attack or parry his swings. But, luckily for Mo, Talin was burning out his energy despite a lack of wasted movement and his next punch only came within inches of Mo's muzzle before he dropped right to the floor and didn't get back up...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1171 on: October 01, 2010, 01:29:55 AM »
"Ya ya...I get it..." Drevo said getting back up. "I'll just need to get more practice before I can experiment..." He gave a hand gesture to get Ferdande's clones to go back on the attack and started his spinning and blocking. This time he almost blocked a kick before it knocked him over. Determined he got back up to try again. This time he got close enough to feel the hit but couldn't put enough strength behind it to keep the hit back. Getting up once more he was able to block it finally. Drevo then noticed one of the clones readying a ninja star to throw. Once it was thrown with a well timed swipe he grabbed the ninja star instead of blocking and with the momentum of his spinning threw it back at the clone.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1172 on: October 01, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
Kitt fired the last of his bolts, striking the target again in the bullseye. He grinned up at Lo, a grin full of pride and exhaustion. Lo nodded, pulling him into a tight embrace "Your parents would be proud to see you now... C'mon, I'l collect all the bolts while you go get some rest... I fell I have taught you all I can, and pushing you further would simply be detrimental... Perhaps read from the Rangers handbook, but no more physical exercise, injuring yourself now would not help..." She sighed, watching as Kitt ran out of the training room, careening past White and his stack of books before disappearing up the stairs.

Pulling the crosbow bolts out of the targets, Lo walked over to Vo, nodding respectfully "I have allowed the young ranger to leave early... He is still young, and weak after the ritual, I felt it best..."

Kitt stumbled into his bedroom, dropping his father's crossbow by the door and pulling off his cloak. He sighed and flopped onto the bed, pulling the Rangers handbook out from the two other cloaks that Lo had given him. He flicked through the well-read pages, and started to read...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1173 on: October 01, 2010, 09:54:11 PM »
Bo moved with blinding speed where he seemed to disappear and he reappeared behind Kiana instantly, as though he seemed to teleport. His back faced hers, so that they were back-to-back. Bo brought his arm over his shoulder to hand Kiana her clothes. "You might need these." As he said so, a small tear could be heard within inches of them and the whole outfit tore open, revealing her naked body.

Mo picked the horned wolf up and walked over to White. "Have you reached the book set about energy restoration yet? If not, Vo can do it. I just need you to heal him up. He's really giving it all he's got, now."

Fo frowned, "If you try experimenting, you'll end up killing yourself. If you execute it incorrectly, you'll end up cutting yourself into pieces, literally. The precision on this technique is exact. There is no variation on this. It's only that the technique has a different result per person. They all execute it the same way. Now do the block correctly, please. You won't be so lucky once Korius starts teaching you the strike and the other steps before then."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1174 on: October 02, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »
Kiana quickly grabbed her dress out of Bo's hand in a way that made it unfold as she took it as she heard the tearing, letting her tights/leggings fall to the floor to be put on later when she had the time. She found the bottom swiftly and pulled the dress over her head, not letting her "whole self" be visible long enough for anybody else to see. As she had pulled the dress on, she had kicked behind her with her right foot to take out at least one of Bo's knees, which would make him off-balance if not make him fall on his face. "I should have known you couldn't go that long without doing something like this. For a moment, I thought you were sick or something." She said as she took a few steps forward before turning around to look in his direction. She readied herself then start sending attacks his way like she had before.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1175 on: October 03, 2010, 04:23:27 AM »
"Coincidentally I just finished reading that section, let's do this while I still feel in the zone, I only have 825 more books to go!" *He grinned and clamped his hands together looking hungrily at Talin like some mad scientist crackling his paw ligaments* "Food for the healer is good. When I say food I say guinea pigs, I hope you'll be pleased as this is a great ice breaker for you and me to talk for the first time along with this being my first attempt upon this technique. Side effects may include vomiting, nostalgia, hallucination, and increased peripheral view of aura... but you should be okay you look fairly tough! Just imagine yourself in a blue spherical transparent barrier with your eyes closed and I'll do the rest." *He put his hands above the horned wolf's chest and waited for Talin to close his eyes*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1176 on: October 03, 2010, 04:47:10 AM »
Talin felt a vague sense of doom wash over him as he heard the wolf go over the list of side-effects, but eventually closed his eyes. For a moment, his body started to glow white, then the glow vanished before it could have any significant affect on Talin's body. Huh, forgot to cut you off from the healing too. Well, I guess it should be of some praise that you could actually use magic, but you should let the cleric do his job until he starts making idiotic mistakes... Chronin's voice echoed through his mind as he finally felt all of 'his' magic energy being taken away.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1177 on: October 03, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »
Drevo sighed as Korius training him was mentioned. "Got it...No playing around with technique." "Hrmm...I don't want to train under Korius..." "...Why can't you just teach me you're technique and we avoid Korius?" Ferdande sighed and face palmed. "Because you don't have the right affinity, and Korius is the only who can teach you. You really shouldn't worry about it so much...Put your rivalries aside, you won't get anywhere like that." "Hey! We're not rivals! He's a jerk and that's all." Drevo said suddenly, folding his arms and looking to the side. "If not rivals...Are you perhaps...Jealous?" "No! Come on, we're wasting time." Ferdande chuckled and created a new batch of clones to send at Drevo.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1178 on: October 03, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »
Kitt lay on his bed, turning another page of the Ranger's handbook. It detailed the many variations of the Ranger's crossbows, with intricate illustrations in full colour. The young feline absorbed it all, chin resting on his crossed arms as he read-

"The Esha designed 'stormwind' crossbow is used primarily for hunting, and rarely sees combat in the Ranger clans. It is however used by some individuals, who recognise it's potential for very long range assassinations, due to the bows double-twined string and extra-long bolt."

He turned the page again, tail flicking. The next illustration was that of the crossbow his father, and he used. Short and stocky, it held a stack of five to ten bolts above the bows body, each of which would fall into place as the one below was fired. Kitt tried to push away thoughts of his father, instead focussing on the bow... For he knew that if he thought of his father, for even a moment, he could do nothing but cry in sorrow...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1179 on: October 03, 2010, 10:05:46 PM »
Bo vanished again at Kiana's barrage of attacks. This time, however, he didn't just reappear in one spot, but almost everywhere around her, from the floor to the ceiling. "I'm not one for clones, but my speed does allow me some benefits." Random after-images began to close in on Kiana. Though some of them passed right through her, some of the others began to grope her as they passed by. "You know, it is such a pity that Korius gets the affection of this delicious body of yours. I would have liked to have claimed it for my own."

Vo watched attentively at White's energy restoration. He's finally picking it up more quickly now. Good to know he's not a COMPLETE idiot. She surveyed and stepped in as Talin began to regain consciousness and assessed. Still, the child has a long way to go to fill his grandfather's shoes. However, I doubt the child will ever know. Vo got up and turned to White, "First time I don't have any complaints. Now, to the hard books."

Mo merely walked over and dragged Talin back over to their area after Vo finished her assessment. "Okay, kiddo. We don't have much time left, so let's hop to it."

Fo continually threw more and more blows at Drevo, him getting better every 3 hits or so. He's coming along nicely. He's finally noticing the pattern for blocking.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1180 on: October 03, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »
Kiana clenched her teeth together in a snarl and clenched her left hand into a fist as her right hand gripped her staff harder, closing her eyes tightly. "Stop touching me! I don't belong to anyone!" She yelled as she brought up a wall of rock that surrounded her closely then forced it outwards at a fast rate like a battering ram except no one was actually holding on to it and it went in all directions. After sending the blockade out, she opened her eyes and looked around, ready to throw another attack Bo's way when he popped up again.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1181 on: October 04, 2010, 03:56:52 AM »
*White eyed Vo suspiciously and then looked back to the books* "I'm fairly certain they are all about the same difficulty, either you got the ability to do them or you don't, that just seems to be how it goes. Though seriously this training session seems to go on forever, I mean it feels like it has been two months in here. Just so easy to lose track of time when you hardly see the Sun I suppose...." *He heaved up one of the biggest hardbacks he had ever laid eyes upon and blew off the dust bunnies and opened the cover* "I'm surprised I didn't have to use a crowbar to get this one open." *He snickered to himself*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1182 on: October 04, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
Talin slowly got off the ground, then was a bit surprised as Mo was the first to attack. He was able to lean away from the first hit and block the high kick, then it got to the point where Mo was almost attacking twice the amount of times that Talin was blocking. His skill however, started to improve as he was now using one end to block and then lead with the opposite blade. This only lessened the frequency of getting hit as his speed with the volge could not match up to the style he was still practicing.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1183 on: October 04, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »
As Drevo continued taking and blocking hits he eventually fell over and landed on his back. "Man...I keep getting dizzy...How do...You do it?" he said breathing heavily. "You got any cool ninja tricks you're not sharing?" He said sitting back up. He stood back up almost falling back over to get back to training. The clones waited a moment before coming back at him. As he spun a kunai came at him, though he was a bit too dizzy to catch it. In the attempt it  cut him making him lose control and fall again. "Ow! Maybe I should invest in a shield..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1184 on: October 04, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »
Lo walked across the street outside the tavern, carrying several bundles of weaponry. She stopped suddenly, looking down at the young feline standing in front of her "Oh, Hi Kitt... Finished reading?" He nodded, rubbing his upper arm awkwardly "Lo... You're the only person I know... Who knew my parents... So I was wondering if, seeing as we finished training early... Perhaps we could talk?" Lo sighed, smiling sadly "You know the answer to that... I wont admit to knowing everything, especially about your mother... But I will always strive to help a Ranger in trouble..." She smirked, ruffling his hair fondly and leading him back into the tavern...