The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128908 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1185 on: October 04, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »
Bo was surprised at the monument of a wall that came rushing at him. He dug the weight on one of the wires into the ever-growing wall, and sped around it, barely cutting through it before he got crushed against the wall. Bo noticed the small glint off of the emerald that Korius had given her and noticed its reaction to Kiana's power. He disappeared and reappeared just past Kiana, the emerald in his hand. "You have quite the treasure, indeed."

Vo watched as White continued on with the book on various shields. "I've heard about what happened at the last fight. Do you know why the shadow twins' attack broke through your barrier? I checked the scroll that you brought with you. I unlocked it... in my own way and found that you only deciphered it through the first level, physical barriers. That's why I planned your lesson the way I have. That book you're reading is a guide to the nature white magic, particularly in terms of protective barriers. You won't learn any spells, but it may help you understand the nature of your magic-type to help you unlock more. I won't reveal it to you myself, but I will let you know one thing about that scroll. There are 10 levels of power on that barrier scroll. It is a very powerful barrier, written by your ow... er... one of the best white mages before the Grand War." Vo then took the scroll from before and brought it to the books that White had finished and sealed them back into the scroll. She then took the rest, including the one White was holding, and sealed them into a separate scroll which seemed to glow a peculiar way as she sealed the rest of the books in. Vo then closed up the scroll and made a few hand gestures while holding the scroll between both hands, Seal Jutsu: Majicka Lock With that, she placed a hand onto White's forehead, where a soft, white glow seemed to travel up her arm for a second before it disappeared. Vo then handed the scroll to White, "I have sealed the books into this special scroll for you to take with you on your travels. The books you have yet to read are far longer and more complex than any you have ever read yet. You are not a ninja, neither do you have the ability to use Chakra, so I've placed a special seal that will allow you to pull out any book from within here just by channeling your Majicka into it and picking the book with your mind. Time will slow down, and your mind will escape into another realm to pick out which book to unseal. The book you touch will be the one that unseals. The special seal I've placed on this will only react to your Majicka. No other being will ever be able to access this except you. Now unseal the last book you were about to read, and just reseal it when time's up."

Mo continued to dodge effortlessly, but found Chrono's technique to improve greatly over the last hour. As time ran close to an end, Mo found himself actually using his hand to block one of Talin's strikes. He smiled as he repelled the volge and backed up a little. "You see what I mean? Even if you don't have the power, sharpening your technique, perfecting your movements, and eliminating the imperfections allows you to fight better, or at least fight on par with your opponent. That was the first time you've made me actually block you because I had to. With the help of Chronin's power, I'd say you'd be able to pull off an equivalence to when you fought side by side with Elistra. Now, let's see how much you can polish up in these last 20 minutes."

Fo continued his barrage and helped Drevo up whenever he needed it. "No, you can't use a shield. You, an ex-Voronese Knight, should be ashamed for even thinking of such a thing. This technique is very precise, a shield would only hinder you. Like I said before, do this right, and you'll find that you won't need one. Now come on, we only have a few minutes left."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1186 on: October 05, 2010, 02:12:05 AM »
Kiana didn't even feel the emerald being taken off her neck by Bo but when she turned around to look over at him and saw him holding the emerald. "Hey, that's mine! Give it back!" She snapped, sounding sort of like a child who had had her toy taken away, after he had commented on the emerald. She stormed towards him and reached around him, attempting to snatch the emerald away from him.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1187 on: October 05, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »
"Vo almost said something, sounds like as usual secrets are kept from me, I'm sooo surprised."[/color] "Alright I'll just do a little thought here and there and ah, it's as easy as accessing a cabinet! Be right back I suppose." *He held onto the scroll firmly and moved into the other realm to go get the book*

"This is a strange place, so seemingly empty, but so full of these books. Man I wonder what would happen if I were killed while I was here, like would I be trapped here forever?! That's a scary thought, I wonder if Master Vo can hear my thoughts and everything now as well... GAH! *He had a paranoid look and then moved faster to go find the making his way through the area while avoiding to touch any book except the right one* "Oh come on, it's like the biggest thing here, it's not hard to miss...." *He looked up at another stack of books and saw it sitting there in an obvious manner* "Oh... yes!" *He jumped up and grabbed it, then the walls seemed to tear and give way until he was looking back down at his body and then jumped back in it* "I got it!" *He looked in his hands and saw the book and wasn't ready and then fell to the ground* "Oof! Forgot this thing is heavy. How long was I gone Master Vo?" *He looked up thinking it was at least 10 minutes*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:40:18 AM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1188 on: October 05, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »
Talin continued to switch between offense and defense as he tried to keep Mo from scoring blows on his body, not really noticing that he managed to get Mo to block with his hand. I'm already half-tired, and I still can't get a hit on him! He tried to pick up his speed, but it made it harder to either block or dodge since he had to take from those areas to get a faster attack. The next block was an accident in the idea that, instead of having the pole block the attack, it was the cutting edge of the blade that Mo was going to hit...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1189 on: October 05, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
"Almost over?" Drevo quickly hoped up and readied to start again. "What are we waiting for then? Come at me with everything, see how far I've come. I think I can handle it!" Ferdande chuckled again and dispersed his previous clones. "Okay, I'll give you a head start then. Three...Two..." Drevo quickly started spinning by the time Ferdande got to one. "One..." After saying that he charged at Drevo himself. Along the way he created three clones on either side of him. He led the first attack which was a drop kick which was blocked. After that one of his clones tried to deliver a sweep kick which was blocked as well. He continued trying to break Drevo's guard but having little luck. He was messing up a lot less.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:24:52 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1190 on: October 05, 2010, 07:52:12 PM »
"So my mother was from clan Esha... And she lived in the mountains of the north..." Lo nodded, sitting at the tavern table opposite Kitt "And my father was from clan Szarda, and they fled because of the laws governing the clans... So what does that make me?" She smirked, watching the young feline with a strange curiosity "It makes you, YOU... An individual, and honestly a one of a kind. Not only are you of mixed heritage, but you are the only Ranger I know to have undergone the ritual at such a young age, and survive... You should be proud, and I'm, sure your mother will be proud, wherever she is..."

Kitt sighed, hanging his head "So you do not know either... Father never said where she was, only that she had been taken by the Guardian's men... We looked for her, for so many years... Just us... And now just me..." Lo sighed in return, reaching over the table and ruffling his hair again "Not just you, you've got the others now... I'm sure they will take the best care of you Kitt..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1191 on: October 07, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »
Bo only dodged around Kiana once and then stopped her with a hand on her shoulder. "Calm down, I'm not taking such a priceless treasure. However, I hope you know the significance of this jewel, the last pure emerald, and one of such a size to boot. It's prior owner went down in history as the most powerful earth-type high mage, and even She wasn't able to handle this gem. However, this gem seems to react very lively to your majicka. This being so, I'll teach you a little something. Magic users use harvested gems of their element to enhance their magical usages. Gems are harvested, then taken to an aparthide to be shaped and perfected. Usage of a flawed gem is never even thought of because the imperfections of it would disrupt the flow of majicka, and would back-fire any spell and end up killing the user. However, even more rare than gems, are pure ones. 99% of all harvested gems are partially made of other elements and/or minerals of the world. A pure gem, like the one you carry, are extremely sought out by every single magic-user for as long as history can remember. The amplifications of a pure gem far exceed those of any other gem, and are usually found no more than the size of a peasant's jewel on a ring. In order for a magic-user to make use of a gem, they channel their magicka through the gem and use it to amplify the output. However, for someone of your experience in this, a necklace setup won't exactly help you very much. Go upstairs and eat your last supper here, and I'll get you something better with this gem." Bo reverted to his original form and walked out ahead of Kiana, jumping over White just for kicks to go up the stairs.

Vo gave him merely a "you have a hard time listening, don't you?" look. "It may have seemed like minutes in your mind, but to the rest of us, when you channeled your majicka into it, it just appeared. In other words, you weren't gone at all." After another hour of White just sitting there and reading, and after Bo had left, she sighed and tapped White on the shoulder as she walked around him. "Come, time for supper. To put the books back, just hold onto the book and channel your majicka to the scroll and to the book. It will send itself back inside from there."

Mo shifted his hand and grabbed the volge's blade and flipped it, flipping Talin along with it. He tossed the volge up and held it by the handle, flipping it so that the blade faces away from Talin. "I believe this is yours. You've done well. Now, take up your weapon and walk out of here proudly. You've reached a whole new level of skill."

Fo ended his barrage and finished it off with a slide-in sweep and knocked Drevo straight on his rump. Fo chuckled as he reached down to help Drevo up, "Not all enemies attack head-on and from above. Some will attack low or even FROM below. Keep your feet moving and your eyes everywhere. Now come on, Alexia's already left and made your meal with Master Hajime. Everyone's upstairs, let's go."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1192 on: October 07, 2010, 11:01:27 PM »
Kiana listened closely as Bo told her about the emerald since Korius had never given her explanation as to its uses. As he spoke, she kept her eyes on the emerald, admiring it and analyzing it at the same time. After Bo was done speaking, she followed his instructions and went up to the tavern, maneuvering around White to get up the stairs. When she got up to the tavern she sat down at the table and waited for the food to be brought out.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1193 on: October 08, 2010, 01:50:33 AM »
*Remembering how he did it last time, he did the opposite and returned the book to its place in the scroll and came back* "...Dinner it is." "Jeez, why can't she ever be somewhat nice, it was obviously my first time. Whatever, this is to be expected from anybody I guess as an alien to this location. I hope we leave soon." *He got up and followed Vo to the trail of the last supper*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1194 on: October 08, 2010, 11:11:56 AM »
Talin shook his head as he pushed his upper body off the ground. He also swung his arms in a vertical 360 to loosen them up from all the exertion, then took the volge back before bowing to Mo and still making eye contact. He rolled to the side as Mo tried to catch him with an axe kick, then he casually walked out of the arena and towards the dining area...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1195 on: October 08, 2010, 05:23:13 PM »
Drevo hunched over a bit tired. "We're done? Really? Come on, we didn't even do anything! Let's keep going." Ferdande walked over to Drevo and gave him a pat on the back. "No, it's time to eat. I made sure Alexia didn't drug your food this time..." "That's reassuring..." Drevo walked off towards the stairs and headed up them, stubbing his toe on the first one. "Walk much?" chuckled Ferdande. "Shut up!"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1196 on: October 08, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
Lo looked up as Kiana sat down at the tavern table. She sighed, standing up and ruffling Kitt's hair affectionately "Dinner time... I reckon a young Ranger needs a hearty meal..." Still smirking, she walked away from the table to help with getting dinner out...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1197 on: October 09, 2010, 01:10:27 AM »
The trainers, save Bo and Mo, sat with the others and ate heartily, laughing happily and having a merry time. It was truly a banquet, and in very large portions, as well. Mo and Bo came in about 15 minutes after everyone started, both carrying boxes. Mo opened his box, revealing a necklace charm, handing it to Talin, "A gift from the expecting mother. It is a marriage charm, one for a dragon-kin. You two shall be wed tonight by the Master herself after supper. You may all attend the ceremony." Next, Bo walked up to Kiana with his box and opened it up, revealing the emerald encased in a golden armlet. "This has been custom-made and fitted for your arm. In these last days, I've noticed you seem to favor running your majicka through your right arm, so I've fitted it to fit it snugly." Korius joined not too long after, needing Hajime's help, shirtless. Vo walked up to Korius and examined him thoroughly, checking major points on his body. "It seems you'll be fine. I'll just work on helping with your muscles after the ceremony. For now, drink this, and no complaining." She dropped a large pint of potion, and it was very obvious that it was not chased, and was very thick. Korius' face turned pale and it showed his disgust. Vo pounded his back before walking off, causing him to cough violently, "I said NO COMPLAINING!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: October 09, 2010, 02:22:53 AM »
Kiana ate and drank with the others. When Bo and Mo arrived, she looked up and watched. When she heard what the item Talin was given actually was, her eyes widened. Her face went back to normal though when she looked at Bo, she watched him take the armlet out and half-smiled, not wanting to look too pleased. In her mind she thought of a smart comment to make in response to Bo like, 'Well, yeah, I am right-handed,' but she kept it to herself. "Thank you, Bo." She said, looking at him and smiling the rest of the way as she took the armlet and slid it into place on her arm. "And not just for this, but for the training too. Even if you were a perv the entire time." She chuckled, not wanting to sound too nice. When she heard someone come into the tavern, she turned her head to see Hajime helping a shirtless Korius and casually directed her eyes back at her plate. She resumed eating and almost spat out some of her food when Vo yelled, not because it scared her but because it was funny.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1199 on: October 09, 2010, 03:52:46 AM »
*Sitting down quietly and playing with his food idly, the wolf just sort of watched everybody else with a vacant expression and ate whatever was in front of him, having difficulty thinking about much of anything he just kept to himself* "Finally gonna be back on the road again, doing stuff, healing people, and the usual. A long while ago I wouldn't have even thought of being a mile away from home. Ironic placement, but I'm sure there's some sort of achievement worth it!"