The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128905 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1215 on: October 16, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
Talin had only heard of this ritual once from Elistra, and she was only willing to perform it once he gained the 'horns' to fight and defeat a dragon-kin in unarmed combat. Both of them felt this was rather awkward as they also promised to not have a child before they peformed this. However, Elistra was the first to lose her patience and grabbed a pillow and threw it at Talin. "Get over here before I have to beat you into giving me the necklace, half-breed!!"

That was enough to snap Talin out of his daze and 'cold feet' as he rushed over and almost yanked her gauntlet off the arm. He took the gem and quickly put it into the gauntlet, which gave Elistra 'permission' to yank her arm back and pull Talin with it. She kissed him for a few seconds before shoving him away with a smirk on her face.  Talin was back to being confused as he had no clue if he had to leave or spend the night; he was told earlier that yesterday was the last she would see him, and now he was in the room with her performing a marrige ceremony!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1216 on: October 17, 2010, 05:47:52 AM »
Drevo was fairly confused with the odd ritual, he had never seen dragon-kin be married either so it was to be expected. Alexia was right next to Drevo with her arm locked with his. Both the wedding and Alexia made him nervous and uncomfortable. It eventually made him quietly leave the building. He walked outside for a bit before seeing White in an alleyway a little ways in front of him. Though he soon vanished witch made him stop just short of the illusion's barrier and scratch his head. "White must be part ninja...Lucky bastard."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1217 on: October 17, 2010, 08:36:16 AM »
Kitt and Lo watched the ceremony silently, Kitt because he was interested to see the marriage, and Lo because if she moved even slightly she would probably keel over onto her face. Lo smirked, wobbling ever so slightly where she stood. Kitt rolled his eyes, making a mental note to never bother with getting drunk, it didnt seem all that brilliant...

Still smirking, Lo leant in close to Kitt. Unlike when they had met less than a week ago, Lo only had to lean down slightly. A teenager could grow a lot in three years, even magically sped-up years "Hey Kittrevsky..." Kitt looked, frowning at the use of his full name "Somehow this reminds me of your parents' marriage... With just as strange Ranger rituals. It took place in a coppice near here, for by this time they where both outcasts..."

Kitt looked back down, technically he was just as much an outcast as his parents had been, mixed clan heritage and the son of an outcast, really he had no hope of rejoining any clan... He sighed, looking back up and watching the marriage...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1218 on: October 17, 2010, 05:19:59 PM »
After Elistra and Talin consummated their marriage, Hajime smiled a warm smile and turned to point at Korius. "Your turn, lover-boy. Kiana, get your furry little tail over here. We'll do a traditional wolf-Kin marriage, unless you two would like to do either a cheetah or even traditional human?" Korius' face brightened red under his fur in embarrassment and turned around, leaving quickly. Upon leaving the Inn, he hopped up onto the roof and just sat there staring up into the sky. I hate everything about you... but why... do I love you?

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1219 on: October 17, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »
Kiana looked at Korius when Hajime turned and pointed at him then looked back at Hajime as well. Kiana shook her head at being told to go over to Hajime for her and Korius to get married. "Uh...I gotta...yeah..." She said as she headed for her room at the same time Korius left the Inn. She didn't notice that they had moved to leave simultaneously though. For once when she got to her room she headed for the window instead of straight for the bed after closing the door. She sat down in the window and looked outside into the night, sighing and leaning her head against the glass.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1220 on: October 18, 2010, 03:55:40 AM »
*Several shields later the majicka drained wolf stumbled out of the alley, after sealing up his book and made his way to the Inn slowly but was quickly taken aback seeing Drevo* "Hey........." *He sweat a little and couldn't think of a good excuse* "You didn't see anything here, let's leave it at that." *He looked away and walked off not really turning around as he tried not to look suspicious"I doubt anybody even noticed a thing...but now Drevo noticed. I hope other people don't find out about my little escape, but anyways the wedding is probably over now, not as loud as it was before."

*Looking around inside to avoid any glances, he tip toed up the stairs and walked by Kiana's room hardly noticing Kiana's distant appearance in her placement but saw her at the window without much thought, but some hopefulness involved he broke the silence in the room* "Nice view tonight! Today has been a hardy day, probably will be better tomorrow after we get moving again. *Yawn* Have a good night Kiana and I hope you get some rest soon, you're gonna need it." *He tried to make himself not look physically tired to hide his overtime work by standing up straight in case she turned around to face him*

"That should make me less inconspicuous I think." *He turned and made his way to his own room and found his bed then rather quickly laid down curling up without putting on any covers where his heavy eyelids fought against his eyes until they won within a few short minutes*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:50:34 AM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1221 on: October 19, 2010, 12:47:20 AM »
Talin was still unsure if he should stay in the room, and sat down next to Elistra. She made an effort to push him onto his back, but she could only manage to wrap her arms around his shoulder and lean on him. "You know, maybe it would be better if you're a half-breed. I just need you to be half dragon for father, since I rather like the feeling of fur."

Talin lowered his head and sighed at the ground before letting out a very small whimper. "So my failed transformation is just a convenience to you..."

"The fur part is true, but I am a bit concerned as to what would happen once you leave the village..." Talin's ears flipped up and he rose his head to meet her eyes.

"Please don't tell me I've been doing this in an altered space..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1222 on: October 19, 2010, 05:19:38 AM »
Drevo was even more confused after White had emerged from the alleyway, and a bit freaked out when he talked to him. "Uh.....Right..." He turned and watched him walk away confused before deciding to go for a dip in the hot springs. Finally there he disrobed, donned a towel and went out by the side of the water. He waded in and sat with his arms on the edges with his head tilted back. "Ahh....Finally some relaxation..." No one else seemed to be around, he was alone.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1223 on: October 19, 2010, 03:40:22 PM »
Lo looked from the door where Kiana and Korius had disappeared through, back to Hajime "Finally... Now I can just sleep...." And with that she collapsed into the nearest seat, snoring loudly. Kitt smirked, leaving her be and walked back to the Inn.

Finally he reached his room, sword, belt and bow all fell to the floor beside the door. next came cloak and supple leather armour, halfway between door and bed. And finally Kitt himself, falling onto the bed with a soft thump. Pulling the covers over himself he fell into sleep...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1224 on: October 19, 2010, 03:57:42 PM »
Korius heard White talking through one of the windows to Kiana. He tried to ignore, but he was curious to hear what might transpire. Korius' blood boiled at the thought of Kiana and her so-called "feelings" but at the same time, his heart raced and sometimes even skipped at the thought of her. It was a complete mix of his feelings towards the Guardians and Koara put into one. An extreme conflict fought within Korius' heart and mind, and he had to strain himself to remain quiet.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1225 on: October 19, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »
Kiana didn't move when White spoke but she did hear him. "View?" She questioned as she came out of her trance then remembered that she was looking out the window. "Oh...yeah...right..." She turned her head to look at White after he finished speaking. "You sayin' I look bad?" She questioned raising an eyebrow. She was joking, of course, but she sounded kind of serious. She watched as he left to go to his room then turned her head back to look out the window, looking up at the sky. "I'm doing my best, I really am. It just gets kind of difficult sometimes. You may remember that I was treated as inferior and slapped across the face earlier on in this mission, I told you about it. Nothing bad has happened within the group since then really but there's always a chance that something like that will happen again since it seems like another member of our group doesn't like our leader. But anyway, there has been a happy part, I guess. Two of our group members got married today. That's good for them, I suppose. The leader of the ninjas has been harassing the leader of our group and I saying that we're in love and tried to get us to marry too. I don't get it. I just don't understand these things, these...emotions, I guess. None of it makes sense and it's got me so messed up inside. I mean, there are these moments where I see good qualities in him, but then I can't stand him most of the time. He's so hot-headed and stubborn." Kiana spoke quietly, talking to her brother. 'So are you, Kiana' rang through her head in her brother's voice and she sighed. "Yeah, I know, but... Well, I should probably go to bed now. Still got a long journey ahead. I'll talk to you again soon. Goodnight, Kamau..." She turned away from the window and moved over to her bed. She leaned her staff against the nightstand then crawled underneath the covers as she heard 'Goodnight, little sister' in her head.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1226 on: October 19, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »
*The wolf rolled around in his bed for a little over an hour and rolled off the side of his bed with a loud yelp sound* "That was some falling dream...ugh I'm still in the Inn. I can't sleep, oh goodie! I can go practice some more defense methods... but I have to get past the others." *He slowly opened the door to his room and walked very slowly, getting to the stairs and tip-toeing until he got outside* "Korius is probably asleep by now, I should be fine." *He walked into the moonlight and over to his favorite alley while looking for Drevo* "Not this time pal, I don't know how you came upon me last time, but you won't see me!" *He used the invisibility shield in a very low perimeter around himself until he got into the dark alley* "This place could use a little light... hmm. I'm no wizard, but if I put one of my light reflective shields against one of the building walls and just aim it at the right angle over here, I could make a nice lit area with the help of Mr. Moon!" *He grinned and made sure to make his shield the same color texture as the wall and just set it up to face the moon, which as desired made a light ray into the alley* "Perfect! Now I can do some more reading." *He moved back into the alley and sat down with with another book in hand from the scroll, going back to reading and practicing some other types of shields*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1227 on: October 20, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »
"...and thats why it took several hours for a single horn to grow out despite the amount of focus you put forth."

Talin tackled her to the bed as frustration built up in his mind. "You didn't think this was important enough to inform me when we were supposed to meet for the 'last time'?!" Elistra headbutted Talin with enough force to make him let go and fall onto the other side of the bed. She then grabbed him by the back of his collar and pushed him off the bed.

"I was more concerned if Mo was going to kill you then over some stupid magic field!!"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1228 on: October 20, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »
After some time of relaxing in the hot water of the springs Drevo finally got out. He went inside, got dressed and started walking back to the inn. As he walked he couldn't help the feeling he was being watched. He stopped in the center of a large opening and looked around. "Ferdande, that you?" he asked nonchalantly. Two figures jumped into the area with Drevo and surrounded him. "Hey there, guardian slayer..." said Sakai and Jizo in unison. "You two...You're those sentries from the border, right? You killed our comrade without thinking of it!" "We'd do it again." Said Jizo. There was a faint smell of sake lingering, the two seemed drunk. "What're you two doing here? Looking for another fight?" "Yeah, actually. We are!" said Sakai rushing in at Drevo. Drevo dodged the attack, managing to trip him. "Crap...Need a weapon...Not good at hand to hand..." He looked around for something to use, spotting a barrel of cleaning supplies near a building. He dodged Jizo who came at him and made his way over to it and took out two things which happened to be a mop and broom. Jizo and Sakai looked at each other and laughed as Drevo looked at his weapons with a scowl. He broke off the head of both mop and broom and stuck on in the ground. Spinning the weapon around to look intimidating he took a battle stance. "Alright, I'll take you both on!"  The two looked at each other and quickly made several copies of themselves and surrounded Drevo. "Crap...Definitely outnumbered now..." Drevo lunged forward quickly and took out one of the clones with a thrust, it poofed into smoke. Two came at him from behind which he sensed and turned quickly and tripped them with his staff. He too was tripped and almost stomped on but he rolled out of the way. Getting up he whirled around and took out a few of them. Their numbers were fading which made Sakai and Jizo make more of themselves, refilling the ranks many times over. Since they were drunk they over did their clone making, but also due to the their clones were a bit sluggish. Drevo grinned at the numbers, it made him lunge straight into them taking out several as he spun his staff around, spinning with it into attacks. After a while of fighting Drevo grew tired, he cleared a group of the enemies and took the stance ready to try his Dragon breath technique.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1229 on: October 20, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
Lo sat down beside White, giving a faint hiccup as she did so "You should know, to the well trained eye your shield leaves a slight shimmer... With practice though you have great potential..." She glanced across at White, slightly cross-eyed and squinting.Placing a clawed hand on his shoulder she suppressed another drunken hiccup "I didn't come and find you, simply for company White. I need to tell you something, because it weighs down on my chest, with every passing day that I have not told someone... Just promise me, dont tell Kitt, i fear it would break his heart.."

Lo sighed, her head hanging low "Though I fear, by not telling him, or at least someone, I may only be postponing that time..." She looked back up, meeting his eyes, no longer squinting, but deathly serious "I am not sure how much you know, but Kitt's father is obviously dead, and the pair have been searching for his mother for a long time... I would guess it was the only thing that kept them going, and definitely the only thing that keeps Kitt going now..."

Lo's grip on White's shoulder tightened "She is dead, White... And has been for a number of years... Killed by an agent of the Guardians. I scattered her ashes myself. The boy... Is filled with false hope..."

With that she stood up and walked away, her pretence at calm authority went no way to disguise the tears that ran down her cheeks as she left White alone in the alley once more...