The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128886 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1275 on: November 03, 2010, 12:21:38 AM »
Korius turned to Talin at his question, "As long as you don't do anything more with that incantation, you'll just be a walking circus freak, and ridiculed by everyone we walk by, mistaking you for a child of a dragon- and wolf-Kin. If you try to invoke the incantation, I'd say you'll end up like 100% of the people who tried it before you, dead. Just keep your hood up, and I'm sure no one will notice those horns. You're already lucky enough that the anti-magic field stopped it at that." When Drevo finally caught up with the group, they went on. "Anyone know where the hell Felodran ran off to? Hajime said that they made him stay out here because of his drinking."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1276 on: November 03, 2010, 01:26:06 AM »
Kiana stood with the rest of the group as they waited for Drevo. "I could remove the burden of those horns, if you like." She said with a smirk and cracked her knuckles. She was joking of course. She had no idea how horns could be removed through earth magic but then again, hitting them hard enough might work. The thought of wasting her majicka on breaking off horns wasn't really interesting to her anyway. When Korius mentioned Felodran, Kiana looked at him with a puzzled look on her face. "Who?" She questioned, seriously not remembering anyone by that name.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1277 on: November 03, 2010, 03:19:19 AM »
"Kitt, I'm sure even in death your father is still with you, he cared about you greatly." *He patted Kitt's shoulder and tried to change the subject* "Get any new weapons from the village perhaps from Lo?" *He thought again to Lo and then what Kitt said about her* "Odd way to talk about his trainer, but maybe he got one that was actually nice and not all mystical about her own presence beyond just trying to teach a simple formula. I suppose Lo knowing the truth would at least tempt her to provide care for Kitt as he looks desperately to find his mother." *He grimaced in his mind at Lo's image again*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1278 on: November 04, 2010, 01:30:48 AM »
Talin let out a nearly inaudible sigh as he was informed of his fate. He only glanced at Kiana as she made her suggestion, and couldn't help but crack a smile. "No thanks, she would probably beat me again for trying to 'reject' the change by removing the horns. As for the fabled '100% fail rate': every generation has a better chance to surpass the previous. If that wasn't the case, you probably would have had no chance against Hajime. The Guardians just have the luxury of outliving a few generations before a group like us comes along to wipe them out. By the way, what are ya'll gonna do once this all blows over?" his question was directed at the group, but his eyes were focused on Korius since he heard of him being born into conflict.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1279 on: November 04, 2010, 07:25:48 PM »
Drevo didn't answer Chrono's question, he remained silent. He walked with the group saying nothing, not making a sound at all. "What am I going to do after this...?" Images of Alexia and Ferdande flashed through his mind. And the time when he had helped Valius, what he was planning on doing after that. He wanted to disappear from existence, retire to some far off land where no one could find him. "I doubt I'll ever get out of this..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1280 on: November 04, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »
Kitt looked up as White spoke, a strange half-smile catching the corner of his mouth "No. My father is no longer with me. To remain in the land of the living, is a fate befit of a coward or a criminal. Not my dad." he sighed, surreptitiously running a paw across the smooth ivory of his father's crossbow "No, my father has gone on to Vaz'resi... While we Rangers may be divided in life, we share one ideal of heaven. That is where my father is..."

With another sigh he withdrew his paw from the crossbow, and instead tapped it against the large pouch of crossbow bolts strapped to his belt "She replenished my stock of bolts, ones far better than the crude creations of the smith I had my last from. Other than that, we merely trained with what I have..." he  pulled his hood up over his head, and glanced up at White "I suppose I should stay positive, my father died honourably. He would have wanted that. And my mother Is still alive, that I know..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1281 on: November 05, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »
Korius sighed as he led them forward on, "I don't count my chickens before they hatch, Talin. I live each day as it comes, like it was my last. However, if I were to think about it, I'd say I would move out of Celestia, back into the mainlands in the wild. A self-sustaining, peaceful society doesn't need a warrior like myself. I will probably salvage what I can in the wild and hone my skills until the day I die."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1282 on: November 05, 2010, 04:22:27 PM »
Kiana was glad that Talin took her joke well since it seemed that most of the time people didn't get her humor. She thought about Talin's questions and listened to Korius' answer to it. "I have no idea what I'll do when this is over. If I live through it, that is. My parents hate me and I doubt me helping in the defeat of the Guardians will change their opinion of me. Guess I'll just wander from town to town, alone." She responded. Her answer didn't please her though. It sounded like the rest of her life would be very boring.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1283 on: November 05, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »
"The Vaz'resi sounds like a nice place, though I'm not much for believing in a final destination, I don't know if things are that simple... Hopefully I'll get to open up my own hospital someday if I could get enough funding to make one, would be a central nexus to treat travelers. At least make a fair chance for all that take some damage while fighting wars and even minding their own business. It probably won't ever happen, but there wasn't much going for me back home anyways. Might as well die doing what I do best for some higher purpose beyond my comprehension. Even if we were to die today, somebody would still remember us for our attempt to overcome the evil ruling the land. Your father should be honored as well even after this is over one way or another Kitt."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1284 on: November 07, 2010, 04:21:53 AM »
Talin seemed somewhat confused when both Korius and Kiana spoke as if they would never see eachother again. "So our cleric wants to open up a hospital, and our leader and earth mage both want to be drifters and outcasts. Why is it so hard for you two to just say 'we will get married'?" He started to laugh before pulling out his weapon to defend against any replies from the 'pair' that Hajime wanted to marry.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1285 on: November 07, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »
Drevo began to lag behind the group, he seemed to be lost in his own little world. He also seemed very gloomy. He wasn't really thinking of anything. He listened to Chrono and the others give their answers. He listened to Korius in particular, his answer seemed like what he had planned to do. thinking of that made him think of Valius, which made him think of his death and then his families deaths. Slowly his blood began to boil at the thought. Elistro popped into his mind and finally Korius. Korius being so smug, standing over him, being so much stronger. As Drevo imagined strangling him he held his hands up slightly, palms facing up. His hands seemed as if they were choking something as he looked at them. The thought of having to train under him angered him even more, he was on the verge of doing something stupid and end up regretting.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1286 on: November 07, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »
Kitt shrugged "That is just what my traditions say. I do not know if I really believe it, but at least it makes things simpler,  and means I can get on with the here and now..." He glanced across at White, eyes cast in shadow by his hood "Do you honestly think people will honour, or even remember us in a hundred years time?"

With a sigh he drew his sword and brought it slashing through the air in a few lazy twists and spins "We're just a group of no-bodies... Fighting an enemy a hundred times stronger than us, continually trudging onwards in an attempt to find some kind of end..." The slashing became faster and more repetitive, blade swinging through the air with a soft hum of steel "And one by one we die... Who would remember the band of misfits?" Finally the deft sword-play came to an end as Kitt let his arm fall to his side. The blade's soft glow dissipitated and he glanced back at White "Its a story no-one would want to tell..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1287 on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
Korius merely turned an eye to the horned wolf in anger and aimed a force palm to the handle of Talin's volge, sending him back a couple feet. The group traveled back south and to the west without incident, 4 days behind schedule as expected. Hopefully, this delay wouldn't affect their quest to take down the Guardians. The fact that Elistro and royal hunting parties weren't tracking them down really started to irk at the back of Korius' mind. They must be up to something big if all they do is send out wanted fliers with rewards on them. I would have expected, at the very least, they sent assassins or something big after us after we just killed a couple of their own. Korius sniffed the air as they walked on, "Smells like rain..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1288 on: November 07, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »
Kiana held back what would have been her instant reaction to what Talin said, laughing instead at seeing him ready to defend himself if they ended up attacking him. After Korius had given his "response" to it, she raised her left hand slowly like she was preparing a move but when it got up to her shoulder height, she just flicked a small pebble out of her hand at Talin, hitting him right between the eyes. The pebble would have only hurt a tiny bit because of the force behind the flicking. She looked forward again before actually giving a verbal response. "I am not the lovey-dovey type, Tied Down One. I don't do things just because everyone says I should because it's how things are 'supposed' to go. And I definitely have no intention of marrying someone just to be treated as inferior to them and have to tend to their every need. That's not who I am." She said as she walked along. "Him and I may have similar attitudes but it doesn't mean we belong together. When two people with such stubbornness and temper collide, well, that's just a catastrophe waiting to happen. It's dangerous enough just traveling together, if that wasn't apparent back a ways about the time we first met Drevo's friends...of course, you weren't there..." She was of course referring to the time when Korius had taking her joking the wrong way, slapped her across the face, and basically called her inferior because she was a woman, but she didn't expect any of the others to know what she was talking about, not even Korius. Speaking Drevo's name made her remember that he was there and she turned around, walking backwards, to see him walking a little ways behind strangling the air. She stopped and walked towards him as he was walking in the direction the group was going. When she got to him, she forced his arms down and clapped her hands together hard in front of his face. "Snap out of it!" She said then turned around and continued to walk with the group, resuming walking in the same position she had been before.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1289 on: November 07, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »
"Well I think we're all worth something and we only get one chance to make something of it..." *He looked at the dynamic activities of Kiana as she nicked Talin and clapped in front of Drevo* "And uhh..." *He couldn't really finish what he was thinking and then whispered to Kitt* "Do you think that Kiana and Korius seem to be more distant these days... and not just them, but everybody seems distracted by something that happened while we were in that village. This can't be good for the group, like what if the entire group separated over a simple argument that just pushed the envelope after everyone was already on the edge... Perhaps I should at least suggest when we stop next that we get whatever issues we have out in the open now before it's too late. It could mean certain death if these issues cause even momentary hesitation in the peak of battle. What do you think Kitt?"