The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128889 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1290 on: November 09, 2010, 12:02:49 AM »
Talin passivly rubbed where the pebble hit as he put back his volge, his smile now becoming a smirk as he kept his distance. "Yes, like I was 'supposed' to kill any dragon I come across, and my first target becomes my wife. Like how the incantation was supposed to kill me long before anything happened. You may never know what might happen in the weeks or months ahead. Heck, with the animosity right now, I bet it will only take a week..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1291 on: November 09, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
When Kiana had clapped her hands in front of Drevo he snapped back to reality and looked up. Realizing what he was doing he put his hands back down. He figured he should thank her later for that. He stayed behind the group still wanting to keep to himself, he went back to making no noise mindlessly walking. After awhile of walking he took his original bowstaff from his back and began to use it as somewhat of a walking stick, idly kicking it with the tip of his wooden sandals making a noise.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1292 on: November 09, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »
Kitt sighed and shrugged, answering White with an equally quiet whisper "The group is simply held together with hope and a bit of luck... I think it perhaps best that we try and sort out grudges, for a team fractured is a dead team..."" He shrugged again, sheathing his sword and kicking a stone along the track as they walked "Really though, I think we're lucky to still be alive... Those of us that havnt already been killed that is..." He glanced up at White, and then back down at the dirt track... He wasnt as gloomy as he sounded, but nonetheless he couldnt think of anything particularly positive to say...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1293 on: November 09, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
Korius sighed as his prediction was right and it started pouring within minutes. He pulled his cloak over his head and continued to walk on, paying no mind to the others as he had been doing for the last 4 days. That night was the first night that they all didn't have any fire going, and had trekked an extra 3 kilometers after their usual stopping time just to find a damp cave to rest in for the night. After a long silence, he finally said something that wasn't provoked by Drevo or Talin, "Has anyone noticed anything off since we first killed Septim?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1294 on: November 10, 2010, 03:04:09 AM »
Kiana clenched her teeth and her fist in response to Talin. He was lucky that she held back or else he would have received either a fist or a rather large rock to the face. Her face and hand had finally relaxed shortly before the found the cave to rest in. She sat up against the wall and was glad to be resting somewhere that she was surrounded by rock from almost all directions. When Korius asked his question, she just shrugged her shoulders in response.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1295 on: November 10, 2010, 05:13:27 AM »
*The wolf looked away thinking about what to say to start the discussion later* "I suppose I'll propose the topic when a moment of silence arises or when there is a conversation that I can jump into."

*At the cave, the wolf listens in to Korius after the silence* "Well this will be a moment as good as any probably with my luck, Korius mentioning a noticeable change since the previous battle is a great way to start it off maybe... or go into a completely unwarranted direction that he wasn't cluing into." *He put a paw to his mouth and said with a bit of gruffness* ~Ahem~ "I'm not sure if this is where you're headed with that statement Korius, but I have noticed that among our group there has been a growing distance between our party members. Perhaps... all the things we have not wanted to say that is perhaps causing this best be mentioned now before we continue into a more dangerous part of this journey? Like... personal issues maybe?" *A bead of sweat dropped from alongside his neck to the rocky cave floor followed by a conditional justification* "Just a thought to put out there of course."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1296 on: November 10, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
Talin was mostly unaware of the troubles his group had faced since he and Elistra took a different route when she went to release him from the dragon-haters that held him captive. "Well, they might not have noticed that we've left the village, or even realized where we went after killing Septim. Being gone for four days would cause some of the less passionate to give up their hunt..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1297 on: November 11, 2010, 03:15:49 AM »
Drevo sat away from the others on a rock in the corner. He was hidden in the dark well enough. When Korius asked his question he thought on it. "...Wanted posters...Was there anything else...?" When White spoke he wanted to just call out Korius. But he kept his composure. "I haven't noticed anything out of the usual...But I haven't been with you since the beginning...The only thing I'd want is Elistro..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1298 on: November 11, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
Kitt shrugged, running a whetstone across the blade of his sword. It was unnecessary as the magic in the metal kept it both clean and sharp, but he sharpened it nonetheless, the feeling of ownership and caring better than any magic "We are at our weakest since first getting together... Low morale, fractured friendships..." He sighed and stood up, swung his sword in several lazy arcs that made the metal hum, and then sheathed it back into its scabbard. He glanced back over at Korius and pulled up his hood "If I am honest... Our chances look slim. White is right, we need to talk about these problems, or else we all die, and all this was in vain..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1299 on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »
Korius sighed, "I wasn't with the group either, Drevo. Now this party has already killed 2 Guardians, and all we've fought so far were just menial lackeys and idiots who are looking for a quick Guilder. Two territories no longer under their grip, and there's not so much as even an assassin out to get us, let alone a Guardian's personal killers. Every Guardian in history had their own personal squad of covert assassins. Koara was probably the only one that ever had only one. But there are plenty out there who do their jobs and do it well. Some are even as strong as I was when you all first met me. I've been expecting them since the moment you all stepped into my smith shop." He then turned to White as he spoke, "As far as I've seen since I've joined you all, there never has been any unity. The only reason we're still together is because the majority of you lot are the Destined who were prophesied to bring the end to the Guardians, and the fact that we need each other to survive. It's a manner of co-existence, not friendship. What we get from this adventure is our own, personally. I merely need all of you alive as long as possible since I think every little bit will count."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1300 on: November 12, 2010, 01:20:21 AM »
"If he's got nothing to say and not a care, then neither do I. Saying that he got to me by hitting me and expressing that I was inferior because I'm a woman will only boost that already-large ego of his." Kiana thought to herself with her eyes on White still from when she was listening to what he was saying. Her expression most likely said that she was thinking about something and that she wasn't happy about it. She directed her eyes down to the ground in front of her as she sat there Indian-style and pressed her hands against the rock-ground. She pressed down with very little effort and made hand-prints in the rock then lifted her hands to make the hand-prints raise to a little higher than the rest of the ground then pushed them back down further than the surface again.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1301 on: November 12, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »
"I think a lot of things are unwritten inbetween the lines of our destiny here, unity is a necessity. I am no good for example without someone to fight while i defend, an archer can't fight in close range alone, even the most stealthy need help in some sort of way, and a mage needs support and we all need a leader.Beyond staying together there has been far more than wanting to complete this task, depending upon each other is something we can't do without." *He put his head down hoping someone would back him up* "I can't get across to Korius without more agreeing, we can't all stay silent forever. Hopefully if not now, before it's too late."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1302 on: November 13, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »
Talin leaned back and stared at the ceiling, his volge held tight in his right hand. "Basically, we're the mercenaries of 'Fate', and our reward for doing our job is a momentary peace before riots break out from the sudden loss of forced order. Then we're hunted down as scape-goats since we killed the guardians and their personal guard. Shall I get more pessimistic, or can we sleep now?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1303 on: November 14, 2010, 03:28:32 AM »
When Korius spoke about prophecy and all that jazz Drevo got up and walked out of the cave. He stood in the rain, tilting his hat down slightly. The rain pattered on his hat and dribbled down it creating a veil of water over his face. He just stood there with his arms crossed and sleeves connected together, pondering about everything. One big one was training with Korius, thinking about it made him angry. "Ugh...I can't believe I have to learn something under HIM...Why couldn't it have been someone else who mastered the damn thing...I'm not even in this damned prophecy he keeps babbling about, why shouldn't I leave? I doubt any of them need me...I can't protect any of them, I'm not strong enough...Useless..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1304 on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:56 AM »
Kitt glanced between Korius, and then to Drevo as he walked out of the cave. He sighed and shrugged, pulled up his hood, and followed out into the rain. It pattered over his hood, sliding off the waterproofed spell that lay deep in the cloth and stitching, falling to earth a moment later to splash onto the already waterlogged earth. Kitt glanced across at Drevo, but for a moment said nothing, instead just breathed in the cool forest air.

Finally he turned back to Drevo and cleared his throat "Standing in the rain on a quiet forest eve. Nothing better for collecting your thoughts, eh?" He sighed and glanced down at the earth, covered in pine-needled and sodden leaves. The rain continued to fall with a slow and constant patter of droplets...