The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128883 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1305 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
Korius flicked a couple pebbles at Talin's head before getting up and stretching, "No one asked you NOT to sleep. *turns to White* But as the idiot says, we're mercenaries of fate. Cooperation doesn't necessarily mean friendship. The Knights were no different in some respects. Depending on which corps you talk about, each time we have a different, new recruit to replace a prior, things change. However, our purpose is what kept us together. People always think of the Knights as some extraordinary group that loves each other and work together through friendship. I'll be the first to tell you that that is a load of (censored). Before Valius took over as Captain, the final team that I led didn't exactly get along. We fought amongst ourselves alot, and never got along. However, we still fought together and worked as a team when the need arose. As part of the Knights, you learn about the people you fight alongside, whether it's a Knight, a civilian, military, whomever. You learn how your partner(s) operate, and you work around that. I'm ashamed to say, but Elistro was one of the finest men I've ever had in my team, when he left the Voronese Knights to do something greater for Gaia. I've been through 3 corps' in my 2 years in the Knights, but I will say that we did have that little lovey-dovey ragtag group that everyone thought we were back when I first started as Captain. But things just change over time. Not everyone's going to like you or others as much, but can always compromise themselves. Anyways, I'm going to head out for a second." Korius pulls on his hood and heads outside, moving to stand in front of Drevo. He spoke directly to Drevo, making it so that no others can hear, "I know what you're thinking. Ferdande told me all about it. Even though I didn't know the little details, I already knew what you were thinking. If you think you're that much higher than Elistro, forget about it. The reason I knew what was going through your mind is because I already put up with the same attitude from Elistro when he used to be in the Knights. And to answer what else is floating in your head, there's no other person who's truly mastered that technique. Valius never even learned it. I don't care if you hate me or even want to kill me as much as you want to kill Elistro, you are going to be learning from me whether you like it or not. Ferdande vouched for you to be able to learn this without messing around. Are you going to put your best friend's integrity in the grave because of your stupid pride?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1306 on: November 14, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »
Kiana watched as Korius left the cave then looked at White. "We all have our issues and no manner of talking about them is going to change anything. When a person is set in their ways and something they do effects someone else badly, they're not going to just stop being that way. No one can change their blood or their past, and those things are what makes any person act the way they do." She spoke to White then leaned her head back against the cave wall. "I know stubborn and hard-headed, you can't change them." After all, she was stubborn and hard-headed.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1307 on: November 14, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »
"That's more than true I know." *He nodded towards the entrance behind his direction* "Well that didn't do much of anything, except express concern. I'm almost certain Kiana meant some of those words in a much deeper way which is what I was trying to get to, but I guess it could be a toss up now on how this adventure is going to end. Hopefully, Korius doesn't say something he's going to regret at a high point during the big battle. At least Kitt tried to assist, but with Talin's addition against and Drevo's eagerness to leave it was probably never going to work. When this is all over I still get to say I tried so I won't have to feel like I let anything happen at this point." *He yawned and went over to a more rounded group of rocks in another loose corner of the cave and curled up waiting for sleep to come and hoping tomorrow would be a more successful day*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1308 on: November 14, 2010, 06:23:57 PM »
Talin didn't budge when the pebbles hit him, wrapping his arms around the pole of his volge and curling his fuzz-scaled tail around his waist in a vain attempt at feeling something akin to Elistra being with him. It took little time for him to fall asleep, but his subconsious forced him awake by making him revisit Chronin's memories at their lowest moments. The rock caused his volge to make a -clang- when he snapped into consiousness and swung out at a non-existant threat. Your swing was too slow, my assailant would already be across the room by the time you started your swing!! Sorry for not being a freaking High Mage, but why would I be the first to be atta- Because you're the reason this group even made it past Septim when they should have been six feet under!! Now get out there and perfect your style so my next body is at least marginally better than the one that Shinzuu already chopped up! Talin let out a weak groan as he stood up, hit himself with the broad-side of his volge to wake up, and slowly walked towards Korius.

I think I preferred it better when it was just Elistra who wanted me to excel...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1309 on: November 14, 2010, 08:52:45 PM »
Drevo turned to Kitt when he spoke to him. "Yeah...I enjoy the rain..." After that Korius came over and talked. In response Drevo leaned closer, his hat barely reaching over hood so there was no veil of water between their faces. You could even say they were close enough to kiss one another. He put both his hands on his shoulders applying a little pressure from a lingering anger towards Korius. "You're right. I don't like you. I probably won't, but that won't stop me from training under you. I'm determined to get stronger...My grievances or feelings won't get in the way of it. I tagged along for Valius, not you. I'm not apart of your damned prophecy...But following you is the only way I can get to Elistro and his men...The guardians are a bonus in my eyes...Nothing more." He wanted to hit him to get it out of his system, but he merely pushed Korius lightly and returned to his previous stance.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1310 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:21 PM »
Kitt listened closely as the pair spoke close together. It was a bit of a strain over the constant pattering of rain, but the ritual had done more than simply make him stronger, almost every one of his senses was at its peak and the words where easily discernible. He sighed as Drevo finally pushed away. Turning away he started to walk out into the forest "I'm in no mood to sleep. I'l be back within the hour Korius..." And with that he was gone, faded green cloak disappearing amongst the undergrowth...

Not a single bush rustled, and not a single twig snapped as Kitt walked silently through the forest. Slowly he padded along a wild deer-track, winding between the large pine trees who's needles lay thick on the forest floor. The rain still fell with a soft patter and the enticing smell of pine and a cool breeze tickled the young ranger's nose. He sighed and jumped onto and then over a fallen tree, landing noiselessly at the edge of a small clearing.

A lake, or perhaps merely a slow moving stream swelled by the rain, rippled in the falling rain. Each drop sending out tiny wavelets that rebounded off each other in tiny spirals. Kitt sighed and sat down, rain pattering off his hood as he merely sat with his thoughts for company...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1311 on: November 16, 2010, 02:02:15 AM »
Korius scoffed as he drew the old katana, "I told you, I don't give a damn about your feelings towards me. However, I'm more bound by my vow as a Knight. I only ask that you bite your lip, grit your teeth and shut up. You'll need to fully master this technique, not just in your basic element. Elistro had trained under me, but at least he had the balls to listen to every word I said. What you're going to learn, you'll need. Because Elistro was to be my original protege, but he was barely able to do much after mastering his basic element. But he has mastered 3 of the elements, and might I say, all the power-based ones. Dark, Fire and Light. I'll be putting you through a very special treatment every night and every morning. You are going to hate it, but it's the only way I can think of to change your "self". By being just who you are, you can only unlock your base element of the technique. The technique is done the exact same way no matter which element you are, the result is what varies. Do you know what makes up a person's affinity in martial arts despite not being able to use magic?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1312 on: November 16, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »
Kiana stared at the ceiling of the cave for some time. Her head swarmed with thoughts as she zoned out while looking up at the ceiling. So much was going on in her mind that she couldn't even sort out what was what. After a while, she straightened out her legs in front of her and closed her eyes. As she sat there with her eyes closed, she listened to the rain pattering on the leaves of trees and on the ground outside.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1313 on: November 18, 2010, 12:50:16 AM »
Talin went past Korius and a little farther away from the camp, pulling out his volge and held it out. He stood completely still, then struck out to the right just as a black form was coming at him, dispelling the form just in time for another one to be made. Until Korius is done with that 'Drevo', I'll be helping you deal with the multiple targets that Elistra will no longer help you with. Have fun! Talin parried a black sword that came from behind, and brought up the second blade to cleave the shadow's head in two. He only had a split second to lean back and jab the next blade into the gut of another of Chronin's shadow images.

Talin continued to stay in that position, not sure if moving would prompt another image to come attack him.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1314 on: November 18, 2010, 02:08:59 AM »
Drevo listened to Korius holding back his anger. when he finally asked him something. "No...I don't." He figured he would have told him anyway. He was curious about what Korius had in mind for his new morning and nightly routine...Even if he hated it he would do it to get stronger, to kill Elistro and avenge his family. Drevo waited for him to do something after he drew his katana, just taking in the feel and sound of the rain.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1315 on: November 19, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
The small stone skimmed lightly across the lake, bouncing three times before being swallowed by the water. Kitt bent down to pick another, rain pattering off his hood and cloak, slowly soaking through the material and into his fur. He skimmed the second stone and sighed as it went straight under with a -plunk-. Deciding that there was no point in his catching a cold, he turned around and walked back to the cave...

Quietly he slipped past Korius and Drevo, slinking into the relative warmth and definite dryness of the shelter. He pulled down his hood and sat with his back against the wall. From inside his doeskin bag he pulled out the Ranger's Handbook, turning its aged pages to the section on crossbow maintenance... After less than ten minutes he was asleep, curled up in his cloak with the book lain open beside his bow and sword...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1316 on: November 20, 2010, 01:08:40 AM »
Korius took a step back and closed his eyes as he took the stance. Due to the heaviness of the rain, no one else would be able to see or hear him except  Drevo. He kept his eyes closed as he began to talk, the hand and sword didn't seem to move, but wind-cutter shock-waves emanated from him, cutting the rain finely and passed safely around Drevo, though nicking some tips off of some wayward strands. "The majority of Voronese Knights and particularly for your style, technique, finesse, are the focus. Also, you work on honing your mind in controlling your heart-rate, listening with your body, not just your ears, and to hit that particular point. Your point of view, your ideals, and your philosophies are all influenced by it. Therefore, that habit will give the result of the wind affinity, and will look like this when you execute the technique." Korius' technique stopped with a loud chime of the katana being resheathed, and the rain seemed to drop in a mist for a few seconds before pouring hard like before. Korius then turned off to an angle and, like in the training area, seem to split into several versions of himself pushing forward in one direction, tearing up all the ground beneath them and even the tear the trees in its path. The rain seemed to pour exceptionally harder for a couple seconds afterwards. "There are those who fight using raw power, relying on their feral instincts and their physical senses. There's no strategy, no skill, and has only one objective, to destroy. Those are the ones of the fire affinity, and that is the result of those of fire using this technique." Korius then rotated back to face Drevo directly. His body then seemed to stretch out into a blurring extension and looked like a bunch of blurry, fast-moving tentacles that disappear after striking the ground all around him. "When your mind becomes one with your environment, and your mind is clear, your see all and flow with nature. Anything that passes to you, passes through you. Things you cannot dodge, you absorb and return with an amplified power, never really generating your own. You r mind's transparent, and nothing bothers you. Those who fight as such are of a water affinity, and the technique results as such." The blurry apparatus shrank back to Korius in the stance. His eyes still closed, his body rotated in portions and seemed to just change positions in an instant, but with every swing, there was a large shockwave several feet tall and a couple feet wide. It compressed the ground below it and seemed to bend the trees it encountered, though not break them. Portions of the ground were cut really clean, but no further than a meter from where Korius stood. Rain would be cleared in the path of the shockwave before resuming over it. "Many fight to their last breath, and fortitude their defense. They face many trials with a positive attitude and cannot be shaken no matter what happens. They are battle-hardened and don't go down easy. They use the world as their weapon and their shield. They are the earth-affinity, and this is their result." Korius then returned to the stance, and then split into multitudes of himself, flying into all directions, before receding back into himself. "You've seen that from Ferdande, I think. There are many that fight from the shadows and do it quick. Their minds are on their objective, and only that. They disable anything or anyone in the way, and have an iron will, and not afraid to die. Those are the ones of the dark affinity, and that's what them using the technique look like." Korius then held the stance, looking seriously into Drevo's eyes, "Finally, there are those who have no trace of taint in their hearts. Those who are bound by their vows and seek to protect everything and everyone. They are pure strategists and seek passiveness of the heart. Their fighting habits are extremely balanced and are very flexible in battle environments. They, too are always prepared to die, but seek to make the most of everything. They are the light affinity, and when they use this technique, it looks like this." Everything seemed to fade into the shadows as a burst of white lights seemed to emit from around Korius and disappear far behind Drevo, almost like a tunnel of white lines with only Drevo being visible. "Our semi-daily routine will be to break your mind and your habits. You must learn to think, fight and understand anyone and everything. I will be beating philosophies, different fighting styles, points of view and mind sets into you every night. In order for you to truly master this technique to its finest, you must learn to be omnipotent in terms of your mental state. You need to fully expand yourself to a state of neutrality, alleviated of your personal thoughts, feelings and opinions. This will allow you the ability to learn and master other styles of martial arts, and therefore use them as needed. It's the biggest taboo of any fighter in the world, Mastering and Mixing multiple styles. In short, you're going to break every single habit you have and ever will develop." With that, Korius skid back into the veil of the rain and, in an instant, the whole area seemed to darken slightly, not as much as before, but the rain veil seems to lift into nothingness as Korius seemed to float towards him in slow motion, leaving a trail of clones and leading with others while light seemed to outline a concentrated flame rather than a tunnel. He then seemed to disappear and reappear behind Drevo, everything that was see-able to Drevo accelerating with Korius and destroying everything in front of Korius and around Drevo. "You will learn to master this, or you will die trying. This is a full commitment. If you even show signs of wanting to back out, I will kill you myself. I will not have another Elistro walking this world. I made the mistake once, I will not make it twice." Just as Korius finished, the veil of rain retook its place in the void it was emptied of.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:45:06 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1317 on: November 20, 2010, 01:34:56 AM »
As Korius demonstrated the technique outside, Kiana was so in-tune with her surroundings that it was as if she could feel his movements through the earth and how the pattern of the falling rain seemed to change every few seconds. Finally she noticed the rain go back to its normal falling rate. As she kept her eyes closed, she started silently mouthing things as she sat there, more than likely talking to her brother though only Korius would guess that since he had heard her do it once even though she didn't know that he did.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1318 on: November 20, 2010, 04:17:38 AM »
*The wolf looked around squinting his eyes in the darkness of the cave and looking around after feeling what he thought was a tremor* "Grr... no good falling dreams probably, all of it is a no good waste of my time in this frazzle mazzle...vrudugenurfrenku....." *Mindless blabber and dream nonsensical mumbling finishes his sentence as the wolf lays back down to sleep after the ground settles back to normal, he curled up and rolled over to face the rock wall, snoring a little bit*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1319 on: November 21, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
Talin continued to fight copies until the sounds in the background stopped, then turned to see the two just standing there and staring at eachother. When Korius resumed, Chronin appeared before Talin and paced away from the cave to direct Talin's attention. Now lets see, since it seems it has fallen upon myself to help sharpen your skill, who should I emulate to get you to the skill level required? Chronin's etheral form paced about as he tried to think of a good 'partner' for Talin to fight with.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:46:01 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »