The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128882 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1320 on: November 21, 2010, 02:59:49 AM »
Drevo listened intently and watched Korius' demonstrations. One after another he watched until he floated over to him. "I won't be giving up so easily...You can count on it..." "This is probably going to take forever...What a drag..." Drevo cracked his neck and popped his knuckles and adjusted his hat. "So what's first then? I'm sure you want this to be our first night..." He seemed determined to start as he stood there looking at Korius.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1321 on: November 21, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »
Kitt opened one eye, cocking his ear to listen to the demonstration outside. The individual words where all but lost, drowned out in the torrent of rain that not even his magically enhanced hearing could discern. He sighed and rolled back over, pulling his cloak around him and trying, yet failing, to get comfortable on the cold stone floor of the cave...

Finally he gave up on trying to sleep, and instead picked up the rangers handbook from beside him. Leaning against the cave wall, wrapped up in his travelling cloak, he started to read again. And of course, in the space of only a few minutes, he was fast asleep again...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1322 on: November 21, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
Korius sheathed the katana and turned, "We'll rest for the night. We'll continue to train you in your affinity first. I'll make sure that you master the basics of this technique, first. After you complete the first step of learning the technique, only then will we begin to break your mind, and reteach you everything from the ground up. Everyone grows up developing their own ideals, philosophies, habits, and personality. That sets up barriers and mental blocks to other types. We'll tear down every single one after I've seen you master the basics of this technique." Korius walked back towards the cave.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1323 on: November 21, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
Kiana chuckled when she heard White blabbering about random things. After she was done chuckling, she returned to silently mouthing things with her eyes still closed. She was still doing this when Korius re-entered the cave and even though she heard his footsteps, it didn't stop her from continuing. Sometimes she would smile after mouthing something and other times she would frown or have a straight face. One of the things she heard her brother say in her mind was, You know you look crazy right now, right?, referring to her basically talking to herself. And she mouthed back, "And as you know, I don't care what people think." The expression on her face after this was a smirk.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1324 on: November 22, 2010, 12:16:08 AM »
*The wolf rolled around in his sleep, occasionally hitting his head on the massive rocks next to him and rubbing his head in his sleep where in his dreamland it was getting hit by pebbles in the head* "Darn children again, I swear they just love to bother me. Oh well, the weather is perfect today for laying about in the snow." *In the dream he laid down in the snow and rolled around in its cold heaven* "It's perfect, too bad this weather didn't stay too often in my town." *In real life he kept mumbling nonsense in his corner and rolling around while drooling along the edges of his placement, thus making him feel wet so in his dream the snow melted* "Noooooo!" *He put his head down and walked toward some mountains in his dream* "There's gotta be snow in that direction!"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1325 on: November 22, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »
Chronin stopped his thinking posture and threw a sphere of black energy at him, Talin leaned away and 'saw' that it hit the cave and made a big explosion. Time to train your reflexes... so think fast decendant! Chronin yelled before throwing more spheres his way. Talin wanted to get closer and stop the attacks so the others wouldn't get harmed, but there was simply too many to safely dodge and get in for a strike. Chronin smirked inwardly as Talin fell for the illusion perfectly, trying to close in on a mage thats throwing spells. He was neglecting to mention that this is all happening in his mind, simply because that would kill the motivation to dodge and stop Chronin.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1326 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:36 AM »
Drevo sighed after he heard what Korius said. He was a little disappointed but relieved at the same time. He waited in the rain a while longer before eventually heading inside. He wasn't very wet despite having stood out there for so long. He sat down near the entrance of the cave and leaned against the wall as he had been doing since they've stayed in caves. He then tipped his hat down and drifted off into a light sleep.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1327 on: November 25, 2010, 04:27:03 PM »
Korius laid down and slept a dreamless night away through the loud pounding of the storm, his senses always high on alert, but his body and mind resting. He awoke early the next morning just as the sun gave light to horizon, but before it rose over it. Korius sighed as he looked onward towards the sunrise. It barely peered over the horizon when his mind then flashed back to the days that he was happy with Koara. He remembered how they would watch mornings like this and just hold each other, savoring the moments for what they were. She was thousands of years old, but she looked far younger than he was. And no matter what they did back then, and even after the couple years they were together, she didn't age a single day while he continued to grow and change, particularly his facial features, as he surpassed his year of "manhood". Korius chuckled to him as he remembered that boys become men at the age of 15 years, and were treated as such. His mind then ran back to the stories of all the young heroes of the past who, when they just gained passage to manhood, had already changed the world. The first Guardian ever, Kyzen's mother, High Mage Carina Gallant. Iridian had also just hit the point of manhood for 1 year when he became a Guardian. Zhael Fall, became a war hero at age 17 and eventually a King not too long after. Kistrev Szarda, Kitt's long ancestor, had been the youngest member of the Knights of Gaia in history. Gight Nightwing, first to succeed a Guardian's title, did so at age 15...

Korius looked down at his hands and then back up towards the sun, which had finally just rose completely over the horizon. I'm nearing my 10th year, and I'm still not where I need to be. What were you really thinking, Koara? What did you see that you refused to tell me, my love?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1328 on: November 25, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
Kiana had fallen asleep while still mouthing things to her brother. She woke up a couple minutes after Korius was already awake and outside. Yawning and stretching, she got up from where she had been leaning against the rock wall. Slowly, she walked towards the entrance of the cave. When she saw Korius further out away from the cave, she decided not to intrude on his alone-time and just leaned against the wall of the cave right at the entrance. She wondered what he was thinking about but it wasn't like she was going to approach him and ask. Leaning there against the wall, she just looked out towards the sun just over the horizon, looking like her mind was somewhere else.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1329 on: November 25, 2010, 10:21:13 PM »
*White stretched his legs and rubbed the back of his rather quickly* "Oww... it feels like someone hit my in the head several times.." *He looked at the softened rock that was the perfect height for his head while laying down* "That would be the culprit I presume, headaches suck." *He scratched his back with one hand and got up looking out towards the light coming into the cave* "Dang it, it's morning. Well at least now I don't have to worry about getting beaten up by Vo or something for being late to some sort of training session. I wonder how far we'll be traveling today?"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1330 on: November 26, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
Talin hadn't gone back to the cave when Korius turned in for the night, so he was now sleeping on his volge. It looked like he was still awake since his hands were still holding onto the volge, but his snoring said that he simply went to sleep during his training an hour after Korius went to sleep. Dried mud covered the majority of his clothes as he spent his last waking moments dodging phantom magical attacks.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1331 on: November 27, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »
Drevo had been awake since Korius was, he slept lightly at the entrance of the cave taking an unasked for guard duty. He stayed silent and looked as if he was still asleep with his face hidden under his hat. He was still leaning against the wall. He looked up slightly enough to see Kiana's legs on the other side of the entrance looking at something. He turned ever so slightly and was able to see Korius out of the corner of his eye. After that he took a deep breath and exhaled, enjoying the morning air.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1332 on: November 27, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
Kitt pulled himself to his feet, drunk with tiredness and an insatiable desire to go back to sleep.
He pulled his cloak around him and slung crossbow and satchel over his shoulder. His shortsword slid into its scabbard with a ring of metal and the quarrel of arrows clipped to his belt. Amidst a great yawn he walked out of the cave entrance past Kiana and collapsed immediately to the ground. There he made no move to get back up and instead the sound of snuffled snoring could be heard from underneath the pile of green cloak and hood, along with a very muffled word that sounded like "G'morningsss-"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1333 on: November 28, 2010, 02:32:51 PM »
Korius' senses snapped him back to and he noticed everyone but Talin stirring. He looked about, and then just closed his eyes and sensed a slightly active magic source. That must be him. Korius walked over to the source of the feeling and found Talin there, and just walked back over to the cave. He merely motioned with his hand for Drevo to follow as he walked inside. "We'll start each day developing your concentration. To utilize the sharpest and cleanest execution of your techniques, you need to meditate without being distracted. I will assign you tasks to perform each morning which you must execute precisely and swiftly, training your dexterity. This morning, you will be taking these chopsticks and you will stack these kunai into various shapes that I will call out." Korius laid some kunai from his cloak and then began calling out different things from pyramids to different types of buildings.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1334 on: November 28, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
Kiana watched Kitt walk past her. When he fell on his face, she couldn't help but laugh right out, not holding it back. She would have pulled him to his feet but since Korius walked back into the cave and started to instruct Drevo, she figured the boy could rest a little longer. She started to spin her staff in her right hand. Faster and faster it spun as she stared out at the horizon. After a minute or two, she landed the bottom of the staff on the floor of the cave with a *thunk*. Turning, she leaned her back against the wall of the cave instead of just her shoulder and looked over at where Drevo was building the things that Korius called out.