The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128877 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #1335 on: November 28, 2010, 11:36:19 PM »
*The wolf got up and watched Kitt walk out the cave entrance* "Well looks like it's time to go." *He picked up his knife and put it away in his cloak noticing the light to suddenly change too quickly* "I wonder what happened to Kitt?" *He walked over slowly hearing Kiana laugh* "Well it must not have been too bad then." *He moved into the light of the morning Sun and noticed Kitt on the floor* "Kitt are you okay? Do you need some help?" "The last thing we need right now is another injured teammate.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:00:08 AM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1336 on: November 29, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
Drevo followed Korius over and sat down where the kunai were. He took some chopsticks and made the shapes he called out, though they were shotty as it started out. He didn't give him time to fix them or make them perfect. But he quickly got better and better. Though he struggled with the chopsticks immensely, most of the time he just nudged the kunai into place rather picking them up. "I hate chopsticks..."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #1337 on: November 29, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »
Kitt mumbled and got back to his feet with a struggle "N-no... M' okay"
He yawned widely again and stretched. His back cracked several times as he scratched distractedly at his ear "Was just catchin' up on sleep." He grinned up at White "Thanks for askin' anyway. Anyone for breakfast?" He glanced around from White to Kiana, grinning. The chance of breakfast could cheer anybody up.
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1338 on: November 29, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »
Korius sighed after 1 hour and took the kunai back, getting up, "You'll have to learn to pick them up, as well, Drevo. To be able to do this exercise will be showing the perfection of technique and dexterity to use that technique. The kunai are the exact shape and weight that they can only be stacked in various shapes with precise dexterity. We'll be doing this every morning until you've finished your affinity. At mid-day, I'll be training you as we hike. Foot placement is a big contribution to the execution of technique. Your sloppiness has caused your focus to think about your power, and not your technique. At midday, after midday supper, you will be walking a kunai path that I lay for you for 1 hour. Also, you will be expected to remain in the front of the group. Each time you slack behind, your night training will last longer. At night, we will be working on your memory. When concentrating on a technique, you will not always have the luxury of seeing everything around you constantly. You will be shown one scene and you will only be given 1 second to take it in and then recreate it on papyrus. I've brought 5 scrolls with us from the village, be sure we don't have to use it all."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1339 on: November 30, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
Kiana looked to her right at Kitt when he got up off the ground. When he asked about breakfast, her response was just a shrug. She wasn't particular hungry and she didn't know what there was to eat anyway. She turned her attention back to Drevo working on his training. For the next hour, she switched her attention between Drevo & Korius and the rising sun outside the cave. When they finally finished, she let out a sigh of relief. She had been getting very impatient.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1340 on: November 30, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
"I could go for any form of food right about now, I would love breakfast." *An idea instantly him as he eyed Kitt's bow* "He's a crackshot with that slender beauty, surely he could bring down some sort of animal with that and we could feast!" *His eyes moved back to Kitt* "Soo.. Kitt, maybe you could use your masterful archery skills and hunt some mammal for breakfast?" *He became excited at the thought of something made of meat* "Rabbit, deer, wild cows, maybe some chickens. There's so many things out there to get. I'd gladly help with cleaning up whatever you claim." *He flips open his knife to gesture the action*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1341 on: December 01, 2010, 02:15:02 AM »
Talin began to stir, not completely realizing he was still standing up until the volge slipped loose of its earthen anchor and had him fall onto the dirt in a rather comical manner as dust temporarily hid his body. It took another minute or two before Talin could back up on his legs and dust himself off. He was unaware of his lack of aching muscles as he tried to adjust to the setting around him. "So... how long will it take, if no attacks occur, for us to reach the next guardian?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1342 on: December 02, 2010, 12:26:48 AM »
Drevo shrugged when Korius said he'd have to pick them up as well. He didn't exactly know how to use chop sticks so that was probably the hardest part. Aside from him not being and artist either. He sighed when Korius got to the end. It all seemed like a bunch of work. "Ugh...Staying at the front? Slave driver..." he thought as he got up. "How'd you know I was awake?" he asked jokingly. He tried his best to make as if he were sleeping, guess he needed more work to hide it from Korius.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1343 on: December 02, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
Kitt grinned "Deer? I hope your not serious. To catch a deer the hunter must spend days tracking the group, following their movements and watching them. He can only strike then." He swung the bow down from where it hung over his chest and, with a load -chakk- , loaded a bolt into the firing position "As for rabbit? Fair game." With that he pulled his hood up and walked swiftly into the woods, quickly disappearing amongst the undergrowth...

The morning was fresh and only cold enough to give a slight bight to the air. Kitt weaved between bushes and trees, pine needles crunching underfoot, still damp from a night of rain. He grinned. Ahead through the forest where a set of rabbit warrens, and beyond that a clearing. He stopped at the edge and crouched. They sat together amid the dew-laden grass, quietly eating with the occasional flash of a white tail.

With a faint creak of wood Kitt pulled back the string of his bow. The first bolt fell into place, ready to fly. He pulled the stock of the bow to his shoulder,  and fired. The bolt sped through the clearing with a low whistle, quickly accompanied by a second, a third, and even a fourth arrow. They shot into the long grass with soft thunks as the rabbits scattered. Kitt grinned triumphantly. Four shots in quicker succession than he had ever managed. Lo would have been proud...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1344 on: December 02, 2010, 11:56:50 PM »
Korius sighed as he walked on, "Try learning your own battle-type better. The Voronese Knights have always learned to keep their alertness as instinct, rather than a conscious effort. You're trying too hard. Any highly experienced warrior can tell that you aren't sleeping. You're breathing was too fast and uneven, and your body's too tense." He looked off towards Kitt as he ran off to find rabbits, "Just hurry back, kiddo. We're off in a few minutes."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1345 on: December 03, 2010, 02:42:10 AM »
Kiana groaned as Kitt ran off to get food and slunk down against the cave wall (still right at the entrance to the cave) until she was sitting on the ground. "So much for moving out when that stupid training was finished..." She thought to herself. It was obvious by the look on her face that she was getting irritated. As a way to at least do something while they waited, she used her magic to create a sort of net on the opposite cave wall out of the rock and started flicking pebbles, attempting to get them in the net and succeeding almost 100% of the time.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1346 on: December 03, 2010, 04:26:57 AM »
*The wolf sat down and pulled out another book to sit down for a study session* "Well I suppose these books will never run out of information, I think I'd be an elder person by the time I finished reading all these books." *He read through the pages* "It's amazing how many different ways healing magic can be used, in the beginning I thought it could only have literal purposes for majicka first aid and surgery, but to actually have battle use like defense and ailment changes... I'm glad I'm not a fighter, would just be scary to face someone up to the teeth and eyes but inches away with a sword or staff." *He shuddered* "Back to reading before I make nightmare into reality!"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #1347 on: December 04, 2010, 02:22:12 AM »
Talin seemed to gnaw on his lower lip as nobody bothered to be listening to his question, which lead him to just sit down and wait for Kitt to come back. In case it slipped your mind, you should be aching from all the jumping and fighting you did. Really now, wasn't the whole thing just a dream? My attacks harming the group, yes, you actually trying to get at me, far from false. Talin lifted a hand and noticed an occasional shimmer of white light as Chronin's power seemed to be seeping back into the body. I took the liberty of 'giving back' your new ability of increased regeneration, but don't expect me to just hand you the black magic since you obviously lack the competence to use it sparingly.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:25:19 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1348 on: December 05, 2010, 05:16:17 PM »
Kitt emerged from the edge of the forest, triumphantly carrying six rabbits and grinning.
He walked over to White, still grinning and dropped the rabbits down beside him "Caught the first four in a clearing not far from here, and the other two down by the stream." Pulling a curved knife out from its hidden scabbard he glanced up at Korius "Uh... Should we skin them now? Or keep them for later, that is if we want to get going now..."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:55:32 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1349 on: December 05, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »
Korius knodded to Kitt, "You do that. I'm pretty sure no one's in the mood for breakfast right now. Come, let's get a move on." He motioned for the others as he walked by them to tell them to get moving. The next week went the same as the first. By the 10th day, they reached just outside of the town that the next Guardian's castle resided. They all camped past the outskirts of the town, the castle barely in view. They stayed in the forest, just inside the edge. Korius laid on his belly and pointed towards the top of the castle where red lights seemed to dance around everywhere. "You all see that? Those glowing red dots are the eyes of some of the best archers in all of Gaia. They can shoot anything within 800 meters with deadly precision, but they're even deadlier at night. Their vision expands through darkness, giving them an additional 800 meters of vision, from the power of enhancement magic. If the few of you who know about it, they are the last of the people to consume the Bali Fruit. The Bali Fruit gives the consumer extreme vision during the night time. However, the price is that you go completely blind in 15 years. Kyzen lords over the last vineyard of Bali Fruit, and it's near impossible to get close to it. Our first task is to find a way to eliminate them before we try to even storm that castle, housing our next target, Baron Von Dikenschtein. Think of him as a reincarnation of Iridian. His personal guard, if you haven't guessed, are the archers, though 50 archers still don't compare to a fight with him, but it'd be that much easier on us if we can eliminate his whole personal guard without alarming them. The trick is to do it BEFORE they notice any are gone."