The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians  (Read 128894 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Kin Chronicles Realm: Betrayal of the Guardians
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2010, 12:15:32 AM »
Drevo saw the others enter the door, a few gaurds ran at him from affar. Drevo sprinted towards them, still holding his bowstaff behind his neck. In the blink of an eye Drevo unsheathed the hidden katana inside his bowstaff and cut through the gaurds, leaving them on the ground with non-fatal injuries. He wiped the blood from his blade and sheathed it; not noticing the two gaurds a little ways behind him. He then put his bowstaff behind his neck again.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2010, 04:13:28 PM »
Both ranger turned to Kiana, Kitt stopped to lock in a new stack of bolts, pulling back the loading mechanism he brought the repeater crossbow back up to his shoulder... he nodded to his father, who grinned... both spun round to face the remaining soldiers, opening fire they kept up a steady rate of bolts, each striking a soldier with a dull ~thunk~

"how many's that son?!"

Kitt unleashed another bolt, catching an unsuspecting soldier in the throat

"Twelve!"

Kitts father laughed, a soldier collapsing before him as a bolt penetrated his helmet and skull...

"i got sixteen, you got some catching up Kitt!"

Some soldier had made it past the rangers or others towards Kiana or to try and catch the ranger from up close, where their bolt throwers posed no advantage...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2010, 12:22:05 AM »
Talin rushed at the four-armed horse, his grin never fading as he not only got through the reach of his arms, he ended up right at the shoulders, his legs around the neck. "Look at me, I'm riding a horse!" he said with a laugh as he pulled the horse's head back to almost breaking point as Elistra threw three daggers at the neck, but the horse knocked them away with one of his weapons and stabbed Talin in the side, who now fell off the horse and tried to recover, but hit the ground hard on his back.

Meanwhile, Chronin took this time to attempt a possession on Talin, using the fight as an excuse to go a bit wild. When he entered, Talin gapsed audibly, and jumped up, screaming and grabbing his head. "Get out, Get out!!!" The horse tried to take advantage of this and swing, but Talin drew his volge and knocked away the weapon before looking  at the horse, his left eye a shining red gem. "Oh, I'm afraid it isn't my time to die yet, its yours..." he started swinging both blades like a mad-man, lacking any sign of attack direction. The horse became overwhelmed and started to get pushed back...

Black energy started to come off Talin as he continued the flurry of attacks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:14:15 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2010, 01:00:24 AM »
Kiana looked back at Drevo since she noticed he wasn't given a command on who to fight and saw two guards coming up behind him that he obviously hadn't noticed. She raised her left hand like she was holding a glass, raising a ring of earth around the two soldiers, and clenched it into a fist causing the earth to move in and crush the two soldiers.
When she turned around again, there was a soldier almost right up to her. She just stood there and looked at the soldier as he approached. When he was close enough, he raised his sword to strike at her. She was too quick though and once his sword was raised, she stepped right up to him while switching her staff to her left hand then struck him in the nose in an upward motion with the palm of her still rock-covered hand. This caused his nose to be forced into his brain and killed him instantly. She stepped over his body after it fell to the ground, switching her staff back to her right hand, and watched the rangers, waiting until she was needed again.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2010, 01:37:53 AM »
Valius stared up at the towering dragon above him, its eyes blazing red. He kicked Valius square in the chest, knocking him back 6 feet, his feet sliding across the floor. Valius coughed at the impact. Bloody hell, I forgot how strong those dragon-Kin are.[/i] He spat and yelled as he wound up Valia and jumped up, coming down hard on the dragon.

Korius unstrapped the katana sheath and strapped it onto his back and drew the katana. The captain took off his helmet and revealed a face almost identical to Korius's, save a scar across his left eye. He drew a Daikatana and pointed it to Korius. "Ah, brother. Who would've thought that you would come back. I'll be happy to add those legendary weapons of yours to my collection. 'Tis treason to turn against a Guardian, you know?" Korius smirked and met the captain's gaze and position, signifying they know the same style in this weapon respect. "We denied you passage into the Knights, Calin, because you have no loyalties to the people. I see that even now, you flaunt your talents for the wrong side over and over. This is the day we settle this. For my comrades, and for our parents, whom you so graciously slaughtered like cattle." His smirk faded to an emotionless killer's face, that of an assassin.

Valius's strike forced the dragon to grunt as his legs sank into the ground. With a flex of his muscles, he lightened his force, rotated his body and created a counter strike that threw Valius up against a pillar. Valius grunted and staggered, disheveled from the impact. The dragon took advantage of it and rushed in with a thrust. Valius ran Valia into the ground at an angle at the last second, detouring the thrust slightly to the side. He drew Dio and Provas and quickly recited the ancient scripts on it, causing them to glow with the light blades and the lightning chain to connect them. Valius quickly kicked the dragon's wrists with all his might, disarming the tanto buster blade, and cross-stabbed the dragon's heart. Valius breathed a sigh of relief, but found the wind being knocked out of him as the dragon pulled both of his hands with one hand and punched Valius square in the diaphram, sending him into the air, and back 3 meters. Valius thought to himself as he fell back. Bloody hell. Always forget that even the Kin of dragons have 2 hearts.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:26:58 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Kitt's father stopped to reload, his son firing off another bolt with a sharp twang..

"thats twenty you old coot!"
Kitt laughed, loosing another bolt, missing a soldier by scant inches...

"Old coot!?"
Kitts father leashed another bolt, a soldier thrown back off his feet...

"I'l give you old coot you whippersapper!"
turning Kitts father caught a soldier across the gut with his shortsword, smashing another soldier in the shield with the butt of the weapon he raised his boltthrower and fired lazily into the soldiers chest...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »
Drevo noticed the two guards behind him due to their screams of agony as they were crushed. He looked at Kiana under his hat smirking. Suddenly Drevo's ear twitched, he rolled quickly to the left and turned to see a large group of guards approaching him. Drevo slowly walked backwards towards Kiana, Kitt and his father as they got closer. Drevo stopped halfway towards the others, thinking. "She's a mage...I can save her some magika if I handle this myself...And those rangers...I don't know how many bolts the have left, I could save them supplies If I do this..." As the guards approached Drevo counted ten of them, instead of continueing his walk back he went towards the guards, still walking. Drevo released a hand on one end of his bowstaff and it whipped around and cracked a guard in his head sending him to the ground. He grabbed the end of his bowtaff and shoved it forward close-lining two guards with their weapons raised. As the two fell Drevo leaped into the group of them and used the momentum to jab another guard three times, once in each shoulder and once in the neck. The guard fell to the ground grasping his throat choking. One of the guards turned around and ran back towards Drevo and got jabbed right between the eyes and layed out on his back. Drevo noticed he was in the sights of a spearman, who grinned as he poised himself to strike.

Drevo heard the whoosh of a sword behind him and quickly placed his bowstaff above him and redirected the attack as he did a back flip and a corkscrew behind the attacker. He took the attacker around the throat with his bowstaff and started choking him. He turned with the guard still choking to the spearman who was about to impale them both. The man thrust his spear towards Drevo, who ducked under it still choking the guard. With a push of his legs and a yank from his staff Drevo hurled the guard he was choking at the spearman and toppled him over. The last two guards stood infront of their archer who shot another arrow at him. Drevo rolled under the arrow and with an upward motion of his feet he kicked the two guards in the chin with his wooden sandals. The force of the two flying through the air blew the archer's hood off and the current arrow about to be fired was diverted and shot away from Drevo. He stood up and noticed the archer was a woman. Drevo planted his bowstaff in the ground and looked at her tipping his hat slightly.

"Ma'am," he said kindly. "Please leave, I do not wish to harm you," She reached for another arrow, not saying anything as she began to string it up.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2010, 12:27:30 AM »
Talin managed to back the horse to a wall, and each time he struck, his strokes got closer and closer to the horse until the blade actually cut at the flesh. The four-armed stallion tried to counter the rush, but the instant he knocked away one blade, Talin swung the other to cut deep into the parrying arm. "Come on, bleed, I want to see you choke on your own blood!" he yelled as he kept cutting at him.

Elistra just stood there dumbstruck, Talin never got this good at the double volge, she thought to put him down and see if Chronin was influencing him, but doing so would endanger tham both as the horse would be free to kill them both...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2010, 02:16:01 AM »
Kiana looked at the action happening around her. She watched each fight for a few seconds each. It seemed like everyone was doing well enough with their battles. She looked back towards the group that her and the rangers were assigned to fight. There were still a lot of soldiers left. A low snarl developed in her throat. She wanted this part of the fight to be over. She clenched her hands into fists and stalked past the rangers to the group of soldiers. She started throwing punches and kicks as well as swinging her staff at soldiers as a weapon. It was obvious that no one in the group, or at least Valius and Korius, thought that she could fight with more than just majicka. It was now obvious that they were wrong.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2010, 02:52:02 AM »
Valius staggered up to his feet, shaken from the impact against the floor. He stared the dragon down, as he struggled to stand up.

Korius bursted into a lightning-speed dash, disappearing into a streak of black, and Calin raised his blade, blocking the slash to his neck as Korius reappeared. Calin ducked under and thrust Korius to the side and rotated into a thrust. Korius quickly released his left hand from the katana, drew a sai and redirected the thrust. He cinched the blade and jumped to spin around to disarm Calin, but Calin spun with him. While in the spin, Korius thrust the katana towards Calin's head. Calin reached for his belt and drew out claws and redirecting that thrust. As they landed, they jumped apart, each pointing their short-weapon towards each other, and their katanas held back near their faces.

Valius braced himself as the dragon drew twin butterfly swords and came in ramming form. Valius crossed his arms in front of him, and the dragon jumped into the air, spreading his wings and swooped down towards Valius. Valius quickly threw Dio up towards the dragon like a whip and he knocked Dio away like a fly, and came in pointing the swords and spinning like a drill. Valius lengthened the lightning chain and ran forward to avoid the attack and grabbed Dio. As the dragon recovered from the attack and landed on his feet, Valius pulled Dio and Provas while still running from the dragon, and the chain wrapped onto the dragon's back. Electricity filled the dragon's body and he screamed in pain. Valius switched hands as he ran back, causing the chain to bind the dragon. As the dragon remained incapacitated, Valius pulled him in while running towards him. With just enough speed, Valius crossed his arms and cut the dragon into 4 pieces.

Korius jumped another space back and sheathed the katana and drew the other sai. Calin tossed the Daikatana into a nearby pillar and drew another claw. Korius started with a jump and a drill thrust. Calin rotated his body in the opposite direction and did a kind of cork-screw uppercut with the claw, catching the sai and tossing Korius aside. Korius maintained his balance and landed his feet lightly against the wall reversed the sai before pushing off back towards Calin. Calin did another upper-cut claw attack while simultaneously doing a hook with the other hand. Korius formed a cross with his arms, the sai up front and parried the attack. Before landing, Korius kicked Calin in the gut and landed on his hands, pushing off and coming in with a hook-attack with the sai still in a reverse grip. Calin quickly retreated, but the sai caught his right eye, blinding him now in both. He growled and screamed as he clutched his eyes. Korius stood over him, "If only you had been a better person. Master might have taught you how to sharpen your senses enough to still fight. I'm sorry brother, but this is where we part." Korius reached over to the pillar behind Calin's head and pulled out the Daikatana and ran it through Calin's heart.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:19:05 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2010, 03:11:51 AM »
As the archer strung her arrow Drevo noticed Kiana fighting hand to hand. "Well I'll be..." he mumbled. "Don't look away from me when I'm about to kill you, Dog!" screamed the woman as she drew back her bow. Drevo cocked his head back and stared at the archer with his head tilted to the side. "Dog?" She released the arrow; in a flash Drevo knocked the arrow away and smacked his bowstaff into her hand. She dropped the bow and and held her hands in pain. Drevo then held the hidden katana at her throat. "Leave..." The archer stumbled back and turned running for her life. Drevo smirked and sheathed the blade before running towards Kiana.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:14:13 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2010, 04:43:55 PM »
Both rangers had slung their bows over their shoulders, drawing shortswords and joining Kiana in the meelee... swift parries and dodges the two used the advantage of feline reflexes over the soldiers.

"twenty three... twenty four..."

Kitt muttered gleefully under his breath as he cut down two soldiers, shortsword slicing through the gaps between the mail hauberk...

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »
Talin had pushed the horse pass its limits, and was now showing no mercy as he hacked the horse to death, obviously enjoying the idea of hacking someone who not only dwarfed him, but was physically superior in nearly every way except for speed. He only continued to laugh like a mad-man as he finally killed the four-armed horse, and licked the blood off his hands. "Oh... that felt good... urk!!" Talin dropped to the ground, grabbing his chest, and the darkness started to swarm him before being dispelled by a bright light. The light also forced all blood away from him, and he grabbed the double volge, the blood soaked weapon now dry and clean, like it had never cut anyone's life short. The malicious visage of a mad-murderer replaced with a soft smile of someone who had only come to "right  wrongs". "Elistra, you know who I am, but Valius and Korius are only half-right, I did become a monster, but the light magic I possessed preserved the majority of my sanity, sadly it could not overpower the cursed gem like it used to..." Chronin/Talin walked up to Elistra, using the volge as a walking stick. I know of a gem similar to the one in my eye, but it is blue, I need you to find it and use it on Talin when the darkness over-takes him again, that is when the gem is most vulnerable to damage. If my theory is right, the gems will actually combine, and nullify their opposing effects. He will be alive and able to live his life free of the legacy of darkness. Sadly, I do not even have a faint idea where it would be, just that I know it exists, otherwise this one would not be able to exist to begin with... I wish you luck, M'lady.  The white glow faded from Talin, and he momentarily blacked out before reaching his arms out and catching his footing. "Ugh... what happened back there?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2010, 01:47:57 AM »
Kiana smirked when the rangers joined her. She was aware of where they were as well so she wouldn't end up hitting them instead of the soldiers. However, she was not aware of the fact that Drevo was running over to her. She continued to punch, kick, and swing her staff, breaking jaws and ribs, cracking skulls, and forcing kneecaps backwards. In the melee, she spun herself in a circle. As she spun she held out her staff to hit any soldier within its reach since she was far enough away from the rangers to not hit them, and narrowly missed Drevo. She grumbled something incoherent as she saw his face pass by swiftly in her spin, about an inch away from the end of her staff. When she stopped her spin and rested the bottom of her staff against the ground, all of the soldiers were finally down.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2010, 02:35:04 AM »
Septim Intro Post
As the party gathered back together outside the audience chambers, the doors flung open and a lone figure sauntered down the steps, giving a soft applause. He was dressed in a purple robe, with a chest plate on top. His cape flowed just above the ground and clanked with the various weapons holstered on its underside, and strapped to his back was a large halberd. (Almost looks like the guy from 300, but with clothes and a lot of bladed weapons. And, of course, a fox instead of human.) It was Septim, the first Guardian of Betrayal. He spoke, his voice filled with authority and power. "Well done, children. However, do you really think you can kill me? I have more than 2,000 years of fighting experience. I am in a level beyond your imaginations. That is why we are the natural choice to rule these lands. Why can't you see that?" Korius pointed the katana at Septim after he re-holstered the twin sai. "Unfortunately, living this long with that power has long corrupted your mind. You have abused your power and have become the very thing you have all worked so hard and vowed to destroy. You Guardians are the true traitors! You are now the evil of Gaia!" Septim unstrapped his halberd, his eyes now serious and filled with murder. "It's treason, then."

Valius lead the group, and yelled, mustering everything he had into the first strike. Without any effort, Septim thrusted the tip of the halberd and stopped the strike with just the point. Korius appeared from behind Valius and closed in, thrusting the katana at Septim. Again, he stopped the attack eithout effort. With a simple flick of his arm, he caught the blade between his thumb and pointer finger. Korius's arms shook as he tried to remove the sword from Septim's strong grip. "Hahaha! Was that the best you could do!?"